It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptists plan to picket Slayer guitarist Jeff Hanneman's funeral

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Just acknowledging these ignorant religious humans gives them more credibility...the best thing to do is ignore,ignore,ignore... think "marketplace of ideas" and let these intellectual losers die a natural death...

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Hahaha!!' Love it!! Angel of Death!!! Monarch to the kingdom of the dead!
R.i.p. Jeff Hanneman

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I hope the Slayer fans who show up to counter-protest Show No Mercy through a War Ensemble that will forever Reign In Blood. He did not Die By The Sword but felt that God Hates Us All...he has been removed from this physical location, found South of Heaven...he will now find out first hand whether Hell Awaits or not.

Damn Christians...

R.I.P Jeff! \M/

SLAYER!!!!!!!

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieJesus

Dedication. It takes many forms.

Some people carve band names into their flesh - they hurt no one but themselves.
Some people hurl insults at everyone who doesn't believe exactly what they believe.

I know which side I'm on.

Edit to add: I read he was gay? Or is that just misplaced reporting? Why does WB even care about Slayer?
edit on 6-5-2013 by otherpotato because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by riverwild
Who "don't" they protest?

Slightly off topic, but I read this guitarist died of a spider bite. Anyone know if that's true and if so, what kind of spider?

Jack Daniels Spider?
Anyhow , thats my opinion for what its worth. But damn. Lots of memories from my youth with haunting the chapel, reign in blood, south of heaven and so many other killer tunes.

Yeah. I understand the why, concerning the protest- Slayer wasnt well liked in the "mainstream" and were a target of the Satanic Panic Christians, have been sued for supposedly causing some teens to commit murder (they won) and have had the hatred of even the 700 Club for years.

Thing is, Military funerals have an air of dignity and when they protest I am not terribly surprised the military families are reserved and ignore them. Slayer fans? Man this could be a pay per View event I would pay for.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by otherpotato

Jeff wasn't gay. ( Not that it matters) His wife was at his bedside until he died. I think the guy who said that was bring facetious to make a point. WBC hates gays. They are picking on Slayer because Slayer was/is the first and most successful openly Satanic band. I know Tom araya the singer converted to Catholicism a few years back, proving that its all about selling records. And I am proud to own every one.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by riffraff

Dude, none of the members off stage were satanic. It was shtick they used since 81 to sell their bad ass music to angry ass teens worldwide and it worked. Especially on me. Tom, KK,Dave and Jeff were not Satanists, and you are VERY right that Jeff was not gay. Saw that first hand.

Another sick ass joke on the legends of late in the metal world. Dime gets shot in the face and Jeff dies from a spider. The F man..

edit on 6-5-2013 by shai hulud because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by riffraff

Sooo... Westboro Baptist hates.....everyone?

Jesus H, they're like the McDonald's of religious cults. One on every corner. And you can't help but notice.

I call that brilliant marketing. The kind that makes me want to vomit.

New response to WB should be WE ALL LOVE YOU!!!! BIG GAY HUG!!!!!

They are picking on Slayer because Slayer was/is the first and most successful openly Satanic band. I know Tom araya the singer converted to Catholicism a few years back, proving that its all about selling records.

It just proves that Catholicism and Satanism have something in common! (Sorry, I'm a recovering Catholic and couldn't help myself).

edit on 7-5-2013 by otherpotato because: (no reason given)

reply to post by DarKPenguiN

have had the hatred of even the 700 Club for years.

OH NO!!! Not the 700 Club!!!

Raining Blood.... I salute you Jeff. Good music is good music.
edit on 7-5-2013 by otherpotato because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by shai hulud

I know none of them were satanic. I know it was schtick. That's what I meant when I said it was to sell records.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
RIP Jeff, sad to hear of his passing and one of the most talented guitarists and when I was young the memories of Kerry & Jeff playing was very awesome to see. Who's to say he's not forgiven because Jesus forgave those who nailed him to the cross and all Jeff had to do was call on him and ask.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Hopefully there are lots of cameras around. I want to see it go down from all angles, lol.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
maybe losing a few members will make them realize that intentionally provoking people into action and then suing anybody remotely associated is not a good long term strategy

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarriorOfLight96
RIP Jeff, sad to hear of his passing and one of the most talented guitarists and when I was young the memories of Kerry & Jeff playing was very awesome to see. Who's to say he's not forgiven because Jesus forgave those who nailed him to the cross and all Jeff had to do was call on him and ask.

As the band put it themselves; "No need to pray...JESUS SAVES!!"

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join