It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptists plan to picket Slayer guitarist Jeff Hanneman's funeral

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
now.msn.com...

Westboro Baptists vs thousands of Slayer fans.

This will get ugly, guaranteed.
edit on Mon May 6 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Starting a New Thread?...Look Here FirstAboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sitesplease post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item, as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Oh man I want to go just to watch the fights that are sure to break out. I think if I was Westboro Baptists I would sit this one out.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
There is a good thread on this from a few days ago but I cant seem to find it with the new search engine.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

No kidding. Westboro better pray that the cops are there. We may see some of them leave in body bags. Slayer is a well respected band within the Metal community. They are pioneers. A lot of people are going to see this as huge spit in the face to them.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Who "don't" they protest?

Slightly off topic, but I read this guitarist died of a spider bite. Anyone know if that's true and if so, what kind of spider?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

Im pretty sure that this news just broke today some time.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Attended my first Slayer concert in 1987 and knowing the fans I do, this protest may end badly for the church members.

And yes he was bitten by a spider 2 years ago and he died from complications/liver failure from that bite because he did not seek treatment right away.

Hanneman — who in January 2011 contracted necrotizing fasciitis, likely caused by a spider bite, and has been undergoing surgeries, skin grafts and intense rehab since — spoke to U.K.'s Classic Rock magazine in the fall of 2011 about his recovery which has seen him sit out an entire two years' worth of touring with the band.

Hanneman was kicking back in a hot tub with a couple of beers when noticed a spider bite him on the arm.

"Didn't even feel it," he said. "But an hour later, I knew that I was ill." On his way to the hospital, "I could see the flesh corrupting," he recalled. "The arm was real hot. I got to the emergency room, and thank god the nurse knew straight away what it was. By chance, although it's pretty rare, she had seen a case a little while before. At that point, I was an hour away from death."

Although the spider bite itself was not serious, it had caused bacterial infection in the deeper layers of the skin and tissues of the arm.

Source

It did not say what species the spider was.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Notes Brown Recluse here

Although Hannemen's type of injury led him to believe that the infection was the result of an untreated bite from a brown recluse spider, insect experts say that is unlikely. Brown recluse spiders, also called the violin spider, are found almost exclusively in the Midwest and the South.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
heh, I say let em, do they not understand " Slayer " Fans?

Slayer with the song title like " Reigning Blood ", yeah not the best choice but hey Darwinism works in mysterious ways?

I am sadden by our loss, but hope much can be learned at the same time.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
One can only hope that the Westboro Losers will finally get what they have coming. A serious beat down by about 1000 Slayer fans would be just about right. Where is the funeral going to be? How many fans will be there?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Vrill

OK found it with the old search page> ask.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
There is a good thread on this from a few days ago but I cant seem to find it with the new search engine.

use the ask ats search works alot better find it in the forums tab

thread

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
We are protesting that he's dead? A drinker? A spider victim?

He's Gay.

Well now, I'm sure death and a protest will stop him from being gay. Or a George Jones fan. Or a veteran.

Anyone with the complete disregard for human life (which is what this protest is), needs to just lay down and stop stealing so much oxygen.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus
One can only hope that the Westboro Losers will finally get what they have coming.

Hear, hear!
I'm sure they will come to regret it.

edit on 6-5-2013 by EdenSinclaire because:

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Wow...just wow...westburo baptist church houses such a den of hate...kinda funny since Jesus preached love and acceptance of everyone including your enemies...I know they do not have the God of light in their hearts...sickening!!!!!

p.s....YEAHHH SLAYER!!! LOVE 'EM! R.I.P Jeff Hanneman! You passed before your time! your genius will be missed.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Swell idea, WBC. Though, you could just opt to save Slayer fans the trouble and just find a nice, tall building to jump off of.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
As I posted in the other thread...

God loves Slayer because they go to Church!

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
A picture is worth a thousand words...

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
For God's sake, the man died young, from some freaky spider bite, what do these people want? Let the man RIP...

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
As I posted in the other thread...

God loves Slayer because they go to Church!

Too funy!

I'd be interested to see how this turns out, as a long time Slayer fan I'd imagine they will play the "Seasons" album and slam dance the #e outta WBC

top topics

<<   2 >>

join