It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight are ALIVE; Man arrested

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by larphillips

Attempting to induce or successfully induce miscarriage through assault does have legal precedence of carrying an attempted murder charge. How successful they are at finding evidence for it will depend on the prosecutors though I suspect that the women's combined testimony would be sufficient.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

The community is saying pretty much what we here at ATS have been saying. It's all over the board. I'm just biding time at the moment. But I do hope and pray that it has a happy ending. It's the travel between now and the future I worry about.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

Despite the torture and rape, even when she was allowed to have a job (a few years into the abduction) she never said anything, to anyone. She would go to work, go "home" be tortured and raped and put in her box

I'm sorry, but I just can't comprehend how someone could do this, not just the crime, but then RETURN to such an abductor. I mean, really?

I'm glad these other gals got out and safe, but 10 years? Not one other opening for escape in 10 years? Duh..chair + window = freedom.

Mind boggling.....

edit on 7-5-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I know, I cant comprehend it, but what goes thru the mind of an abducted individual, what does the abductor do to them to break them down to completely change their thought processes?
edit on 5/7/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by AmberLeaf

Despite the torture and rape, even when she was allowed to have a job (a few years into the abduction) she never said anything, to anyone. She would go to work, go "home" be tortured and raped and put in her box

I'm sorry, but I just can't comprehend how someone could do this, not just the crime, but then RETURN to such an abductor. I mean, really?

I'm glad these other gals got out and safe, but 10 years? Not one other opening for escape in 10 years? Duh..chair + window = freedom.

Mind boggling.....

edit on 7-5-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

We were talking about this event at work and the similar case of Elizabeth Smart case came up in the conversation. A police officer on the street asked point blank if she was Elizabeth Smart, she said, "No".
Luckily the cop didn't believe her.

But think about that. The way out, a rescuer, her chance to escape, and she said no. Deep psychological implications there.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

In most cases, it's as simple as "we're watching your family and we'll kill them all if you try to escape." Generally works like a charm. You can feed an isolated person any number of lies... and eventually you accept them and become dependent on your captor. Hell, North Korea managed that feat with a whole nation. A few young vulnerable girls are easy in comparison. I'm not trying to make light of the situation with my flippant attitude, but there are countless documented cases of very similar situations where a person is broken down completely. If the question becomes "why now?", then look towards the children born in this situation. If the children were in further danger, or being sexually abused, the motherhood instinct perhaps broke the control programming enough. We'll see how this story plays out, but the patterns repeat so often, that we'll probably see their story follow the same.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
So now, we sit back and watch how these poor indigent men were so mistreated and misunderstood that society forced them to cage these young ladies and force abuse upon them. These men did not realize how this treatment would impact the prisoners, so our justice system will slap them on the wrist and release them after we pay for their lawyers, jail time and rehab. Very little money will be set aside for the young ladies, in comparison to what the DOJ will dish out for these misaligned testicles.

If I start screaming, I may never stop.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by searching411

Yeah, the justice system will probably fail society and those women. Prison justice on the other hand... that I have some faith in. End of the day, you don't mess with kids. Even criminals have a pretty solid code on that one, and the guards will be MORE than happy to let the general population know who these fellas are and what they did.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
One last people to see Amanda alive was this guy's daughter .

Another daughter, Emily is currently serving time for attempting to kill her daughter.

chicagoist.com...

I wonder if these daughters knew or helped with these crimes.
edit on May 7th 2013 by Daughter2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

It'll be a rough, rough road for these women. When you've been trapped and outside of society for so long, the return back into it can be incredibly overwhelming. It's almost like a dream. Then you start worrying that maybe you've just finally gone so far over the brink that you're suffering from a delusion that you're free and the reality is that you're still trapped back "there". Having choice after so long--heady stuff. Freedom--incredible. Hopefully, people give these women and their children some space so that they can take their time on reintegrating.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
ATS god you're losing it.....
another thread simply telling all you guys the real story has this kind of impact?
This is AboveTopSecret.com, Deny Egnorance, Conspiracy site....
and all you guys want to talk about is fact....
someone start a argument on the conspiracy side and start a thread, thats what this site was made for, not discussing the offical story and how much you believe it gosh, its not for discussing anything you believe actually if it coinsides with the offical story.

I dont come here to read offical stories
edit on 7-5-2013 by WanderingThe3rd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by larphillips
reply to post by Gazrok

In most cases, it's as simple as "we're watching your family and we'll kill them all if you try to escape." Generally works like a charm. You can feed an isolated person any number of lies... and eventually you accept them and become dependent on your captor. Hell, North Korea managed that feat with a whole nation. A few young vulnerable girls are easy in comparison. I'm not trying to make light of the situation with my flippant attitude, but there are countless documented cases of very similar situations where a person is broken down completely. If the question becomes "why now?", then look towards the children born in this situation. If the children were in further danger, or being sexually abused, the motherhood instinct perhaps broke the control programming enough. We'll see how this story plays out, but the patterns repeat so often, that we'll probably see their story follow the same.

you sound like you've kidnapped a few in your day, ahah

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I believe the article was written bu a relative of the kidnapper who did not know about the 3 women.

Nevertheless, very ironic...and creepy.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
The operator was very cold and callous he should have stayed on the line with that poor scared to death girl he should lose his job over that i couldnt belive how he was handleing that call the comment "I'll send a car as soon as one is free" just made my blood boil!!

I was very happy to see that Jaycee Dugard released a statement of support. I think that she could be of a lot of help to these women in that they are unfortunately not alone in their horrid experiences. They are all a true sign of strength in the face of adversity.Thank goodness girls are free!! peace,sugarcookie1

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I'm really trying to figure out a way to explain how it happens and works. The best way that I think can maybe help shed some light on the how is that women in these situations are kept on a very thin thread. One thing is that their dependence on their captors becomes absolute. Imagine if you will being captive, bound, traumatized and left alone for long periods as hunger starts to set in. You start to wonder if you'll be left to starve to death and then, your captor appears with food and you feel a sense of relief because they brought you food. Then there's the little things that are said. "You can't protect yourself...the world outside is dangerous. I'm protecting you. Don't you know that every man who looks at you is raping you with their eyes?". Basically, even though they are the rapist and abductor themselves, they are constantly saying that they are protecting you from an even more dangerous world outside. It's constant and insidious. That's the hardest thing to conquer--the brainwashing. On top of it, the way that the brain functions is that repeat trauma can lead to varying degrees of dissociation to protect itself from further trauma. The problem with dissociation and depersonalization is that it basically sets a person outside of their own body in a way where what happens to them doesn't happen to them but just their fleshy counterpart.

Threats are also used very heavily, especially if children or other victims are involved. "You can't survive out there. You can't even survive on your own now. What makes you think you can care for your children?" or "If you try to leave, then A or B will be harmed. You couldn't even protect yourself. What makes you think you can protect them, too?". It's very, very noxious and, like I said, these repeated statements with the combo of dissociative effects due to severe trauma plus total dependence can create some pretty peculiar scenarios...like the woman who would go home to the box because that's where she was told she had to go. People can be broken absolutely.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

What makes you think she had the baby at a hospital?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bundy
"one of them was only 14"... don't remember witch one of you said that as a defense of they cant be runaways theory, but.. How many 14 year old girls do you know? I talk to them quite frequently and some of them are full blown psychotic, running away and doing drugs with older men is far from impossible. I've observed such behavior and its... Naughty..

I did.

Having fun are you? This is the last time I will acknowledge your existence.
edit on 7-5-2013 by hypattia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kimcam

He talks to runaway teenage girls frequently, and they are "naughty."

He's either trolling or needs to be investigated top to bottom.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

''m sorry, but I just can't comprehend how someone could do this, not just the crime, but then RETURN to such an abductor. I mean, really"

We are not in a position to judge. Unless you have been in her situation. Go ahead and judge then. Think about it, maybe he made her work if she wanted to keep the baby alive, you really can't imagine.

Until you have experienced what torture, and abuse before you are an adult from older, larger and at least 3 men, you cannot begin to comprehend what it does to your psyche.

edit on 7-5-2013 by hypattia because: grammar

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Actually, I cannot find any reports that any of the teenagers had a job. I think it was misread, that one of the girls went missing after leaving work.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join