It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight are ALIVE; Man arrested

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
Here is my two cents on why I think Amanda Berry waited until now to come forth. Another poster mentioned her mother died just 5 days earlier. I'm willing to bet that the man or men who kidnapped the woman threatened to kill thier families if they ever escaped. When Amanda became aware her mother recently died then she had nothing to lose and decided now was the time.

I think she knew she would be recognized by her name the way she kept saying "I'm Amanda Berry". I'm betting she had access either to tv or a newspaper and knew her name would still be recognized 10 years later.

There were vigils held annually. For both these girls. I had never heard of the third victim until now. I live in the area and it is now on the news constantly. Reminds me of the Boston Bombing and Sandy Hook. Lots of speculation going on.

I'm going to hold off for a bit and see where the story leads. But I do think that there are areas of grey here. Three females held 12-10-9 yrs and nobody notices? Something doesn't seem right to me. It could be Stockholm Syndrome or maybe something darker.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Kapablanka

Someone please go check out Kapablanka's basement. I get a dusgustingly sick feeling in the pit of my stomache for anyone who would even suggest this!
edit on 5/7/2013 by kimcam because: Grammar

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bundy
I agree with kapablanca, women are always doing weird stuff for attention. These ones just took it too far.

Another basement to check out. Get a rope!

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
Is it just me, or does anyone else think that maybe these three grown women 'ran away' as teenagers?

10 years? And since Amanda Berry had the child during this time, then there was at least that time to say something,,,deliver a baby at a hospital and could have stated what was going on.

They 'escape' all because Berry's 6 yr old daughter happens to go outside when the 'captors' have left for the day??

Absolutely not. She managed to pry the door open enough to flail one arm out of it. Adult males couldn't open the door either.

Ramsey said that their attempt to pry the door open failed, so he and his neighbor kicked open the bottom.

"Luckily … it was aluminum, it was cheap," he said, "And she climbed out with her daughter. ... She went to my house, we called 911."

abcnews.go.com...

What makes you think her kidnapper even took her to a hospital? You obviously have zero idea as to what it means to be in this kind of situation. Her kidnapper had no care or regard for her welfare. That means no medical care. Those women most likely never saw an obstetrician because that would serve their welfare and put their kidnapper at risk. There is no way in hell Castro would have let them slip from his control in such a manner. Sometimes people like Castro have taken a child to a hospital as in the case of this where one of the older children grew ill and the grandfather/father was convinced to take the girl to a doctor, who discovered a note slipped onto the girl. That's really rare though because with people like Castro, it's all about their need and no one else's. You have to understand that. These people have no respect for others' lives. It's all about their need.
www.cnn.com...

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
A somewhat happy story for a change, nice. Even though I'm out here in Washington State, Amanda's picture appears familiar. I assume I saw a poster or perhaps it was on the Internet.

The women (girls) survived captivity in a brutal house of horrors not unlike some Hollywood horror flicks. No doubt we'll eventually see how they were physically confined while the perp was sleeping or away.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were more girls kidnapped that didn't survive. Does anybody in that area know if there were other similar cases?

The perp was from the outside a completely normal social human being with no criminal record driving a school bus. Did he use his job to find his victims?

The rescuer is really quite the character, like someone you would see in a Quentin Tarantino film.

Added. I find the speculative posts calling the girls crack heads who wanted to be in that house disgusting and showing a real lack of respect for victims and women in general.
edit on 5/7/13 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
"one of them was only 14"... don't remember witch one of you said that as a defense of they cant be runaways theory, but.. How many 14 year old girls do you know? I talk to them quite frequently and some of them are full blown psychotic, running away and doing drugs with older men is far from impossible. I've observed such behavior and its... Naughty..

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

You would be amazed at how easy it is to crush the human psyche. Jaycee Dugard and Elizabeth Smart have already been mentioned. Here's a few more.
abcnews.go.com...
www.ocregister.com...
Even older story with grim psychotic detail: en.wikipedia.org...

Sadly, it's really not hard to do this to someone. It's a horrifying reality.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toots
reply to post by errck

Here is a picture of the house where they were held captive. Notice how the side is very devoid of windows? Don't know how common that is in that area. It just seems a little too peculiar!

Photo credit: Getty Images

I lived right in that neighborhood from 2002 until 2010.... those houses are very common. As for everyone's complaint that "someone would've noticed, etc., etc." It's an extremely low-income area with more than it's share of shady characters. Everyone keeps their heads down and minds their own business. You don't, and you can get hurt... or worse. Even people who you happen to see every day and/or socialize with severely compartmentalize parts of their lives. Things you see that may seem amiss, in that neighborhood are strangely common... or ignored. The police are not trusted (with reason for many there) and there are all sorts of strange things going on. Non-traditional households, lots of people coming and going, etc. There is a lot of drug use and sale, prostitution, renters, semi-permanent houseguests, etc. Knowing that neighborhood very well, I can see how incredibly easy it can be to disappear a person... even in plain sight.

In general, this was the very last outcome I would've expected. I remember the initial news stories of the disappearances, I saw the billboards put up by the families, I witnessed the vigils, I remember the 'Missing' signs, homemade and crude, yet heartbreaking, posted at the Burger King where Amanda worked. I remember the years passing and the search fading into the background. Heck, I completely forgot about the whole thing until I saw Amanda and Gina's photos on Drudge... photos I haven't seen in years. I remember being very aware, and very angry, that these two young girls' disappearances go all but unnoticed on national media...all while whatever missing cute young blond girl from a good neighborhood dominated the news (and there were a few I remember from the time.) I thought it unfair how the national media picked and chose their focus, while blatantly ignoring these (and countless other) kids. Beyond sharing a neighborhood, I had no vested interest in the case years later. I was kind of shocked and surprised at my reaction to a story that is nothing but miraculous and actually happy, considering the circumstances and the tragedy that was assumed for all those years. I know all three women may never recover, but at least there is the appearance of a chance to have their lives back and a shot at some much-needed and long overdue justice.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I guess that idiot at Starbucks off Balboa Ave in San Diego, California that told me he knew the Amanda Berry kidnapping was aliens because his "spirit guide" told him, was way off (As if I would have ever believed that crap. Channelers and psychics are a joke.). I remember that case well.

Good for these women. Although, I'm betting there was years of sexual abuse involved.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteAlice

You would be amazed at how easy it is to crush the human psyche. Jaycee Dugard and Elizabeth Smart have already been mentioned. Here's a few more.
abcnews.go.com...
www.ocregister.com...
Even older story with grim psychotic detail: en.wikipedia.org...

Sadly, it's really not hard to do this to someone. It's a horrifying reality.

I'm a old soldier, so no...I would not be amazed.

But most are not old soldiers, they can be manipulated. It is saddening to say the least.

I'm sure that this story is just starting to unravel. And the Castro Bros will pay the price. I hope and pray that these girls will get all the support that they are due. And I also hope none of them are complicit.

This story is just beginning. I'm sure that we will all be freaking out by the end of it.

Being happy, yet sad at the same time is such a odd place to be.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
As is everyone I'm sure, but I'm very curious to hear their version of their ordeal. I wonder if they even knew they were literally walking distance from home? If they did, what torture that must be. I'm sure they were told so many lies... years of that, at such impressionable ages... how do you undo that? I'm sure they felt their families were threatened (seems to be SOP for kidnappers.) I really can't imagine what it will take to try and piece their realities back into place. I'm sure the families can't afford it, but I hope that someone steps up to provide some top-notch, long-term psychiatric care for these women.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Mug shots of the three charming brouthers can be seen here.

Authorities have released pictures of the three brothers arrested after three missing women were found at a Cleveland home where they had allegedly been held captive for a decade. The mugshots of Ariel Castro, 52, who owned the property, and his brothers Onil, 50, and Pedro, 54, emerged as police sources claimed the women reportedly had multiple pregnancies at the home. At least five babies were born at the house, while one of the victims suffered as many as three miscarriages because she was so malnourished, police sources told NewsChannel5. Other sources told WKYC that the captors would beat the women when they were pregnant, meaning that the babies would not survive.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MuzzleBreak

That call was REDICULOUS!!! WHY did he RUSH her off the phone??????????????

He was so dim witted that he did not even hear her say she was there with Dejesus!!!

They should have kept her on the phone! Also they gave her a hard time about the address.

I think they figured it was a prank.

Thank God they were found. The little 6 year old must be the child of one of the kidnappers, obviously.

You can hear the child crying int he back ground.

I cannot wait to hear this whole story, to see the MOVIE when it comes out because if ever there was a story to be told this is the one.

I am so sorry the girl lost her mother only 5 days before, wonder if her Moms spirit had anything to do with her recovery?

Will Burger King step up to the plate and give her a few million to restart life? I sure hope so.

These women are going to need $$$ to get through this. They deserve to be paid for their story at least.

Anything the bastards have in the bank, their home after being sold needs to go directly to the victims.

I just cant wait to hear their story.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
Mug shots of the three charming brouthers can be seen here.

Authorities have released pictures of the three brothers arrested after three missing women were found at a Cleveland home where they had allegedly been held captive for a decade. The mugshots of Ariel Castro, 52, who owned the property, and his brothers Onil, 50, and Pedro, 54, emerged as police sources claimed the women reportedly had multiple pregnancies at the home. At least five babies were born at the house, while one of the victims suffered as many as three miscarriages because she was so malnourished, police sources told NewsChannel5. Other sources told WKYC that the captors would beat the women when they were pregnant, meaning that the babies would not survive.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Interesting... if proven, how does an induced, non-concented miscarrage play out legally? I don't know how the law views this. Manslaughter? I'm sure they're going to stack the charges like poker chips on the final table, but what will they key charges likely be? Kidnapping, at least three counts I'm sure. Do the children born qualify as kidnapped victims as well? Child abuse (or some variation... both two of the girls, and perhaps their children as well.) A whole host of others, I'm sure.... but I'd be interested to hear what a legal mind thinks. Being in their 50's, it won't take much to get them life sentences (with a very healthy dose of 'prison justice' involved as well, I'm sure) but can they find a death penalty in there?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Can you get Burger King to help them? Is it still there? I mean corporate needs to step up to the plate here even so.

What is your community saying right now?

This is so exciting, it gives hope to all the families and loved ones of the lost.

Life magazine, all the biggest movie studios need to be vying for this exclusive.

God bless each and every person affected by this tragedy beyond words.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Yes, the Burger King is still there. Having them reach out to help is a very good idea and I hope their PR people are on this immediately.

As for Amanda's mother's passing... not sure why it is swirling around on this thread that she died 6 days before they found her. That's incorrect. She died in 2006... and severely heartbroken, I'm sure. Being poor in America sucks... but it sucks even worse when Natalee Holloway, etc., etc. soak up all the headlines. Amanda & Gina weren't wealthy enough, white enough (Gina), or 'pretty' enough to capture the attention of the nation. Maybe a real and sustained media blitz would've helped.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bundy
"one of them was only 14"... don't remember witch one of you said that as a defense of they cant be runaways theory, but.. How many 14 year old girls do you know? I talk to them quite frequently and some of them are full blown psychotic, running away and doing drugs with older men is far from impossible. I've observed such behavior and its... Naughty..

I just got chills up my back. Definitely a deviant. NAUGHTY? Are you for real? Seriously, someone do a background check on this freak.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by larphillips

I think they were beautiful!

As far as a petition from Burger King, it would have to be done Immediately.

Make hand held clip boards with a petition for x amount of money to be given as a good will gesture to the women.

This may help them after the horse meat fiasco recently that damaged their PR.

It would have to be a citizen based initiative, but timing is everything.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Noone would turn it down so get everyone from the Mayor down to sign. Have representatives at every store front and on each corner, getting signatures to present.

Take signatures for 10 days, one for each year they were missing.

10 million would be a decent amount too.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join