It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight are ALIVE; Man arrested

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Yes, the press conference was definitely lacking in the details, but I do understand why they did one as best they could, as far as legality with regards to the ongoing investigation & compassionate restraint goes. Everyone's curious, and some of the early facts were confirmed. I believe I also heard one of them say the 6 year old is Amanda Berry's child

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
If this is right then Ariel Castro is one sick man, looks like he wrote about Gina De Jesus' disappearance in a Cleveland community newspaper

LINK

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
His 9/11 call is... OH MY

Charles Ramsay 911 call
Unedited.. NSFW
edit on 7-5-2013 by errck because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by errck

Here is a picture of the house where they were held captive. Notice how the side is very devoid of windows? Don't know how common that is in that area. It just seems a little too peculiar!

Photo credit: Getty Images

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
You have issues with women, and you're username is Bundy?

You are a concerning individual.

LMAO! I was thinking the same thing. Apparently in some peoples warped minds it's these girls own fault that they were kidnapped and most likely sexually abused. Talk about being stuck on the stupid wagon?

I would bet that a few of them are creeps just like Ted was. ~$heopleNation

edit on 7-5-2013 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by errck
His 9/11 call is... OH MY

Charles Ramsay 911 call
Unedited.. NSFW
edit on 7-5-2013 by errck because: (no reason given)

the dispatcher sounds like a asshole and needs to be fired asap. i means the ignorance is mind wrecking. people just went through a dramatic situation and the dispatcher seems so zombie and dickhead

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
While this is a great ending to a sad story, I am afraid it may bring false hope to those missing loved ones. The young lady from Norton Shores MI has been gone for 2 weeks and there is hardly any good evidence.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Looks like one of my favorite con artists failed again:

In November 2004, she even turned to a psychic, Sylvia Browne, on Montel Williams' television show.
'She's not alive, honey,' Browne told her. 'Your daughter's not the kind who wouldn't call.'

But it's kinda nice to have them alive. Too bad it took a decade of trauma..but nice.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I'm from the Greater Cleveland, Ohio area (Euclid)... This is all over the news, good news for once. (Hey-now!) Can't wait to see pictures of the perps!

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Though there are a lot of missing details, I'm ok with waiting for them. I have a feeling there are going to be some pretty horrific details, the public can wait until the girls are stable before releasing them.

There was also another missing girl in that area that went missing in 2007. I wonder if it was connected too?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by Agit8dChop

After a while, most kidnapped victims devlop a Stockholm Syndrome type relationship with their kidnappers, like the one gal that was locked up when she wasn't at work. Their brains get severely effected during capivity

Yes. Absolutely--the brain gets conditioned to docility and compliance between the repeated and immense traumas and being absolutely dependent on the suspect for survival. When I say repeated and immense trauma, I ask you to consider what these women's daily/nightly existences were where their will and ability to chose were never a factor in anything. On a basic level, that would mean what they wore, were given to eat (imagine eating the same thing for years. gets even weirder when the kidnapper finds something that you preference. you'll end up eating it every day, no choice, for years because they are "giving you what you want"--seriously ****ed up). Then there would be the worst of it. The soul crushing sexual assaults. Just one rape can cause PTSD on its own.. Now imagine that these girls were most likely raped at least 1 time per night for the entirety of their captivities. 10 years...that's probably 3650 rapes. One can crush a mind. Thousands destroy the spirit. These kind of people who do this kidnapping won't care if their victim is sick either. It's all about the kidnapper's twisted need.

It's not that they did not want to escape. I'm sure that they did. It would have most likely been a total loss of hope and a total emotional deadening to survive. There is no room for hope in survival. At first, you think that something is going to change and you'll be rescued. Then you try your boundaries but odds are, confinement would've been pretty severe. After maybe a year, hope is lost and the deadening occurs. You die to survive. You've already spent the whole time in every moment of "free" time that you have trying to find so way to get out. Once you find yourself trapped, you're trapped but it's interesting because the moment a viable opening occurs, that's when freedom can be obtained. That's what probably happened here. I know this subject very well.

These women went through absolute hell and survived more trauma than probably can ever be imagined. At least now they know the taste of sweet freedom again. The reality of it will make them drop to their knees for a while. My heart so absolutely goes out to them all.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hendrick99
So, tell me WHY we cannot execute the men responsible?

Two words.

Liberals and democrats.

The days of punishment meeting the crime are over. The days of swift hard punishment that was practiced in the days the Baby Boomers were in preschool was abolished by the more soft and gentle system that gives criminals who think of violating other people on a level a kin to murder no respect or fear of the justice system.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Is it just me, or does anyone else think that maybe these three grown women 'ran away' as teenagers?

10 years? And since Amanda Berry had the child during this time, then there was at least that time to say something,,,deliver a baby at a hospital and could have stated what was going on.

They 'escape' all because Berry's 6 yr old daughter happens to go outside when the 'captors' have left for the day??

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Miracula

Normally I would disagree with people like you..but it is true.

Our side..the left side can be and is too soft on crime. Cold blooded murderers, pedophiles, and rapists...and any severe crime to do with children...should be instant death..no waiting for appeals and such....the only way to eradicate these issues is to destroy them...counsel ling and such does not work for these people.

If you can't fix them...get rid of them...is what I say.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
You idiot conspiracy theorist...not all but the ones not convinced by this and see something that's not there...should shut your holes.

Your idiots pure and simple.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Its great Amanda was saved. But i have many questions

How did she know her address so well on the phone?

Were these girls chained up? and she broke free?

Why did it take 10 years for the moment of Opportunity?

Reports are coming in that there is "loose" dirt in the backyard so there looking for bodys too

crazy........

edit on 7-5-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

Exactly!!

She knew her captor's first and last name, his age and address.

Plus her former co-worker spoke on the news today, indicating she was at least an older teenager/ young adult at the time of her 'kidnapping'.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

She hung with the guy for at least a decade...I'm sure his name and age would have come up at some point. Also I am pretty sure he has gotten mail at his home....so maybe just maybe she got the address from an envelope sitting around. As for her age....what are you trying to say...young adults/older teenagers do not get abducted? When it happens everyday around the world...hell even adults get kidnapped and held hostage.

You sick freaks are trying to make a conspiracy where these is none. Your anomalies can all be easily explained with rational thought processes.

You type of people make me sick...attempting to find something to fulfill your conspiracy theory fantasies. There is no shame to people like you.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Edit: my theory didn't hold water.
edit on 7-5-2013 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
..the only way to eradicate these issues is to destroy them...counsel ling and such does not work for these people.

If you can't fix them...get rid of them...is what I say.

With people so sociopathic that they will rape or murder they have no conscience or empathy.

You can't turn them loose. It's better to execute them and let them be sorted out by a Higher Power.
edit on 7-5-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join