It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight are ALIVE; Man arrested

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

After a while, most kidnapped victims devlop a Stockholm Syndrome type relationship with their kidnappers, like the one gal that was locked up when she wasn't at work. Their brains get severely effected during capivity

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

yeah I hear that, Ive read about it too.
so, if Stockholm was present why the urgent mad dash to freedom screaming for help from passerby's 10yrs later and not before? or why did it apparently just change?

did every single person in the house suffer from Stockholm? there were multiple people...

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Who knows how a victim's brain works, why do they stay silent for years and then all of a sudden pea for help...

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
it would not be so hard to soundproof a room, and keep someone chained etc. she didnt have freedom of the house etc. so there is no "stockholm syndrome"

i say lets just wait 24 hours for the full story and in the mean time rejoice that they were found

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I just dont understand how in 10 years the girls couldnt make a call or run away. Were they held in a basement,one has a child ,any more details thanks

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by bellagirl

My only angry moment came when the dumb ass 911 Operator seemed truly bothered with this call. She kept wanting to get off the phone with her. She said "we will send a officer when we can" [snip]. She should be fired. This girl calls 911 frantic and the 911 operator had no compassion or desire. Amanda basically had to beg for help. This operator is a prime example of whats wrong with the 911 system.
edit on 7-5-2013 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
And the neighbor that saved these girls, What an unlikely hero!!! I applaude this gentleman, I especially like when he said "A pretty young white girl runs into a black mans arms, you know something is wrong" I love it, if that doesnt erase some of the color race lines nothing will. What a great person he is. I applaude him and his honesty.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
So, tell me WHY we cannot execute the men responsible?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Oh come on, where is the conspiracy? If someone has a little know-how, and the money to buy the materials, soundproofing isn't difficult construction by any means. Ask ANY serious musician. Especially so if one is soundproofing a basement room. Who's to say they didn't construct a sub room beneath the basement, assuming the water table allows for it in that region? That would certainly muffle plenty. Who's to say they didn't construct a panic room, and locked them in there? These guys seem to have had something constructed to keep the sound to a minimum, and to keep them from fleeing. The obvious question is which brother faltered and how in that routine.
Use your brain cells, not the echoing void between them.

And keep your girl-hate to yourselves, lest you want others to assume you have "issues" in ehem, certain aspects of life, if you catch my drift. Just a tip to consider there. People were captive & abused. That requires no gender bashing to talk about.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Hendrick99

No execution, In a perfect scenario chain the 3 brothers up and let these 3 girsl take turns at them, every day for the next ten years, then execute them...

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Kapablanka

Wow, you really came up with this garbage all by yourself, C'Mon man, have some dignity and respect for these ladies, what if this was your daughter, sister, you are pathetic. You know I always wondered what ever one talks about Trolls and what not, now I see what they are talking about.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I can only imagine what really happened to these three girls in that house. I'm sure we'll hear about their hanis acts in the days to come but I hope these girls can recover from what they've been through. Absolutely outrageous and I suggested a spinning wheel of death for possible ways to put these guys down, let the girls enjoy it a bit, throw in some prizes, watch these mongaloids burn.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I'd say probably because of the children. They're starting to near the age where they too will be sexually abused. No matter how passive they may have become over the years no mother is going to let their child be subjected to such horrors. For all we know escape attempts were made but they were foiled and came with severe punishments. Sadly, it's possible there were other girls. Maybe they tried to escape and were made to be an example.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Kapablanka

"Possible dysfunctional lesbian tryst between the three, coupled with antisocial personality disorder and extremist ideologies, culminating in a group rage towards society, leading to an impulsive group decision to summarily defect from society; they indulge in a Machiavellian disappearance of epic proportion, embarking on a decade long run of sexually deviant drug fueled behavior."

One of the girls was 14 when she went missing, you idiot.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I’m not sure yet what to think about the whole situation - I just don’t know enough about it all to give an honest opinion - BUT - I got a HUGE kick out of the ‘raw’ interview of the gentleman that helped her get out of the house. That is an epic interview, lol!

peace

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Are you familiar with the Josef Fritzl case?

edit on 7-5-2013 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Its great Amanda was saved. But i have many questions

How did she know her address so well on the phone?

Were these girls chained up? and she broke free?

Why did it take 10 years for the moment of Opportunity?

Reports are coming in that there is "loose" dirt in the backyard so there looking for bodys too

crazy........

edit on 7-5-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I'm remaining skeptical of this.Seems a bit strange and does not quit ad up.Glad they are free just seems weird.
edit on 7-5-2013 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-5-2013 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
An FBI profiler on CNN just said that the man who did this crime is most likely a sexual sadist; a sociopath; and he is not crazy. The retired FBI profiler also said that the brothers many have helped him in some way; but may not have participated in the abuse.

Many blessings and healing for the women and children that were rescued.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Not impressed at all with the press conference. Why have one if there is nothing to say? Plus, LE did nothing to bring about the release of these girls. Right down to the 911 operator.

Also, it was mentioned that there are other properties that they are interested in...what!? They should be there already.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join