It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight are ALIVE; Man arrested

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Ever since the Boston bombings there's been a huge increase in trolls on here. The last troll boom was during the lulzsec BS. 4chan/Anonymous kiddies with nothing better to do.

Besides talk trash from the basement that is.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bundy
I agree with kapablanca, women are always doing weird stuff for attention. These ones just took it too far.

Lets just say this. Three woman that were TAKEN at young ages have been rescued. That is very good news indeed.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by bellagirl

I'm speculating on potentialities surrounding this odd case- bottom line is no one knows anything about her situation and it seems about as strange as everything else going on in the world these days; can you blame me for coming up with such a not so bizarre theory? I thought it sounded interesting and stimulating on paper. Implying I'm somehow condoning the kidnappng of innocent women is a strange reaction to me but not when considering the bleeding hearts gravitating to this anomaly of a story.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kapablanka
Implying I'm somehow condoning the kidnappng of innocent women is a strange reaction to me but not when considering the bleeding hearts gravitating to this anomaly of a story.

All you have done was put the Conspiracy spin on it. No harm, no foul.

Do I believe it?

Naw.

Bleeding Hearts? That's not necessarily true. With all the bad news you hear throughout the day, a little good news is something to celebrate. Yes, its an anomaly. A good one, if the story is 100% true.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   

I'm speculating on potentialities surrounding this odd case- bottom line is no one knows anything about her situation and it seems about as strange as everything else going on in the world these days; can you blame me for coming up with such a not so bizarre theory? I thought it sounded interesting and stimulating on paper. Implying I'm somehow condoning the kidnappng of innocent women is a strange reaction to me but not when considering the bleeding hearts gravitating to this anomaly of a story.

I notice that you completely ignored what I had posted

Ignore what a man says, but reply to what a possible woman has said. You also did it in a way where you felt the need to try and explain your posts in detail as if you think they're dumb and can't comprehend it. Like they're beneath you.

Women issues much?

You weren't just throwing a conspiracy spin on it, you are clearly trying hard to troll the thread and failing miserably. You also have very clear women issues.

Find a new hobby

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightmare_david

I notice that you completely ignored what I had posted

Ignore what a man says, but reply to what a possible woman has said. You also did it in a way where you felt the need to try and explain your posts in detail as if you think they're dumb and can't comprehend it. Like they're beneath you.

Women issues much?

You weren't just throwing a conspiracy spin on it, you are clearly trying hard to troll the thread and failing miserably. You also have very clear women issues.

Find a new hobby

thanks mate. you hit the nail on the head. he replied to me and i AM a women, yet ignored you.

as i said it worries me that his mind will allow him to come up with such senarios.

as you said mate....he has massive women issues...but you my friend, are a gentleman.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bundy
I agree with kapablanca, women are always doing weird stuff for attention. These ones just took it too far.

You have issues with women, and you're username is Bundy?

You are a concerning individual.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Something is very odd... I don't know yet if I believe this.

Its a very good distraction, just like the Boston Bombing.

From the photos, the house looks fairly normal. How could so many people be held hostage for so many years without anyone being the wiser?

After xx years of captivity, is this the FIRST time that the perp left the house for Macca's?...

I dunno.. seems like a good distraction to me.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I do agree with him.
Girls are pretty tapped when it comes to attention seeking.

but this? this isn't attention seeking. This is something else.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Wow, what fantastic news! I lived in Westlake, Ohio for a time, about 15 miles away and I remember Amanda disappearing but, not the others. We see so many tragic endings in cases like these, or families are left forever tortured never knowing what happened to their loved ones.

The gentleman (Charles) in the video was a great interview, just kind of told it like it is.

ATS, please remember, this is still breaking news, so before we come out with the "why did she never try to escape" routine, please remember. We have very little information on this. Maybe they were moved from house to house. Maybe the captors beat one of them every so often to keep the others scared into submission. From what I have read thus far, Amamnda now has a 6 year old child. I would be willing to bet no prenatel care, probably a home birth........

We can never fully understand what these woman may have been subjected too. Let's all stay the course and just be happy that they were found alive and seemingly well (physically).

TEZ

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmberLeaf

Honestly... I don't mean to make light of this event. But that video, there's only one icon for it.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Something is very odd... I don't know yet if I believe this.

Its a very good distraction, just like the Boston Bombing.

From the photos, the house looks fairly normal. How could so many people be held hostage for so many years without anyone being the wiser?

After xx years of captivity, is this the FIRST time that the perp left the house for Macca's?...

I dunno.. seems like a good distraction to me.
edit on 7-5-2013 by bellagirl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
oh jeez chop....not you too. mate if a sick p*ick is going to go to the trouble of kidnapping someone a little bit of soundproofing a room isnt going to put him off. and as has been reported, the front door locked shut and never used. he always used the back door according to reports.

also, when she got out she was alone with the child. she told them there were others in there. maybe locked in different rooms ?????.

all the details havent been reported yet. maybe he slipped up just this once. but if you listen to her police call she was sure of who she was....and the fact they had to get there now before he came back and discovered her out.
edit on 7-5-2013 by bellagirl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   

You've got to admit it is a bit strange... hiding away numerous girls in his house for 10 years. Did he never have visitors to his house or something? The dude in the interview said he "ate ribs and listened to salsa" with the guy so he can't have been too anti-social. Something doesn't fully add up about the circumstances of the crime.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   

I dunno eh it just doesnt seem realistic.

How many people locked inside one house for what.. 10yrs? no one screamed? how did these people manage to get out this one time...
Was this the first time the kidnappers left the house?

Apparently the kidnappers had dinner next door, one of them wrote news paper articles they seem like 9-5 regular people.

1 person? yeah ok
2 people, maybe

but all these people locked away for so many years?
nah me dun believe it.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   

edit on 7-5-2013 by l0vedim0 because: oops

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
Fantastic news. Finally something good in all the bad.

It does make me wonder though. A few years back two boys were rescued in Missouri one had been missing for 10-12 years the other was fairly new. Now these girls have been missing for such a long time. It makes me wonder how many missing persons and kids are alive and locked up in someone's basement or something.

Sort of scary how that can happen.

Hopefully they can transition back into society without too many hang-ups. I am certain it will be difficult though.

Raist

My gf and I talk about this often, with all the evil in this world (kidnappings, murders, serial killers etc) that we hear and read about in the news it is probably only a fraction of a much larger whole which remains unknown to the public and law enforcement. Its pretty scary when you think about it.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Hey, how about these?

Young Woman Rescued After 18 Years Of Captivity In Backyard

In 1991, Jaycee Lee Dugard, who was kidnapped from South Lake Tahoe at 11 years old, has been found after living for 18 years in "a backyard compound of sheds and tarps" owned by her alleged captor.
Dugard was forced into a car while her stepfather, Carl Probyn, tried to give chase. Probyn says the kidnapping ended his marriage to Dugard's mother Terry, and that "It's like having your heart ripped out." Probyn was initially a suspect in the kidnapping, but the real culprits appear to be Philip Garrido and his wife Nancy. Garrido had apparently held Dugard in a network of tents, sheds, and tarps in a "hidden backyard-within-a-backyard" in Antioch, CA. In the 18 years he kept her there, he raped her and fathered two of her children, the first when Dugard was just 14. Her daughters Angel and Starlet are now 11 and 15. The children had never been to school, or to a doctor, according to authorities. Garrido was caught when a police officer noticed him acting strangely toward the girls on the UC Berkeley campus. A background check revealed that Garrido was on parole, and was a registered sex offender previously convicted of rape and kidnapping. The day after the Berkeley incident, Garrido visited his parole officer — possibly voluntarily — with Dugard and the two girls, as well as his wife Nancy. He and Nancy Garrido were both arrested.

Elizabeth Smart kidnapping

The kidnapping of Elizabeth Smart occurred on June 5, 2002, when 14-year-old American girl Elizabeth Smart was abducted from her bedroom in Salt Lake City, Utah. Smart was found alive nine months later on March 12, 2003, in Sandy, Utah, about 18 miles from her home, in the company of Brian David Mitchell and Wanda Ileen Barzee, who were indicted for her kidnapping, but initially ruled unfit to stand trial. Barzee, in 2009, and Mitchell (then 57), in 2010, were eventually convicted. He was held in the Salt Lake County Jail following his sentencing on May 25, 2011. On August 31, he was transferred to federal prison to begin serving a life sentence for his crimes.

No conspiracy here folks, sometimes things are just as they are, sick twisted individuls
edit on 5/7/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

yes, 1 person held captive wouldn't be difficult.

but this time there was many more people, with babies/children?

that sounds to me like too much.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join