It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11:11 Phenomena: Old Topic but New Question

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I know that there have been a plethora of threads on this topic and that perhaps some are tired of discussing this issue over and over again, but I have an honest query.

I am one of the many who have experienced the 11:11 phenomena at different times in my life (whenever I look at a clock, it's 11:11, etc.), but unrealized by my conscious mind, it has not been happening to me for the last year or so (the absence of an occurrence usually doesn't register consciously whereas the repetition of an occurrence has the opposite affect). Its absence finally reached my conscious thought because over the last week or so, it has started happening to me over and over again.

I never came to a conclusion for myself as to what the whole 11:11 phenomena means or if it even means anything at all other than some weird synchronistic coincidence. My intent is not to rehash what has been discussed before. I'm just curious if others have either experienced a recent increase in this phenomena or the same experience as myself over the same time span. Thanks for your input!

TG

edit on 5/6/2013 by timidgal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

i have. but i don't have much more to add. i experience it daily.
second

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I too seem to see it alot mate, but to be honest I gave it some thought and it's all just mind tricks. We know our minds trigger our attention to certain moments in our life where your entire thought is only on that specific thing.

We recognise 11:11 every time it's there because it is a simple pattern that our mind sees in the front. I always see 13:37 and 12:34 all the time spins me right out ha.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I see it but I'm with the post above me and I don't think it is anything special. We see patterns and our bodies have very accurate internal clocks. I don't need an alarm clock to wake up and I usually wake up right on the dot. The only time that changes is if I'm sick or if my sleeping pattern dramatically changes. Even after that is only off by a few minutes. Once you become aware of the 1111 phenom it sinks into the subconscious and we are drawn to look at the clock because it's almost like a timer and then we just see patterns and certain ones will stick out.

Have you noticed that 1111 has a generally positive meaning? Some even think it makes them special like they are some kind special souls being awakened. Now imagine if it had a bad meaning like if you constantly see 1111 you are the evilest of evil and are being warned that you'll suffer. How many people do you think would be on about seeing 1111. Not many I imagine. Even if they did see it most who talk about seeing it now wouldn't admit it.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I do that from time to time. When I was younger I always happened to look at the clock at 11:34 - on a digital clock it spells hell upside down. Kinda freaked me out
Ever since I got my AR 15 it seems like I always happen to look at the clock at 5:56 or 2:23.

I think it's kind of neat when that happens, but really, i think we just recognize the pattern and pay more attention to it than we would any other number.
edit on 6-5-2013 by zombicide83 because: spelling

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
How are you not sure you are not looking at the clock, subconsciously, all day and never registering the chaotic numbers?

Chaos, chaos, chaos, ORDER! Chaos, chaos chaos, ORDER!

I looked at the clock then and say 8:27 and I didn't even realise I did it, rill I retrained my thoughts.

had it been 11:11 I'd have gone "Damn it, it got me again!"

but it's just us, I believe. how we seek order out of chaos subconsciously as it is how we navigate live automatically. If you had to make a conscious decision about every single thing you ever had to do right down to breathing, you'd never ever do anything. So our subconscious looks for order as it's passive. It's safe.

Patterns help us do the same thing. If we see the shape of a large animal, instinct tells us to feel fear. And it might be a shadow on the bushes... you still react the same. But when you think about it, there isn't a bear or tiger there. Just the bushes.

A lot of what we think, is not what we actually think, but what we form our thoughts on from the way we instinctively perceive.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
From what I've researched on it, it basically means that you are on the right path, or doing good, or basically going in the direction in life and making the choices that are good for the outcome you desire. An example would be something like you have a recent relationship breakup on your mind, and you look at your clock and it's reading 11:11, it's supposed to mean that you did the right thing, keep moving forward. Or, say you are wanting to go put in an application for a job, and you just decide to see what time it is before you run down to drop it off, and you see 11:11, it means that you should go drop it off. Even if you don't get the job, the actions you are about to take are going to lead you down the correct path to self fulfilment.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I never came to a conclusion for myself as to what the whole 11:11 phenomena means or if it even means anything at all other than some weird synchronistic coincidence.

Well, it happens every twelve hours. Are you a clock watcher? Maybe your life is too "scheduled"? Or you like to repeat patterns. You want to be secure in the progression of events, maybe.

Dogs are creatures of habit. If you have pets you know they are spot on for time to eat or walk, etc. They know when it is time even without knowing time. Because of habits formed and expectations. Its their life. I wouldn't worry too much about noticing what time it is.

I've known people that check their watch all day long as though they aren't comfortable unless they know what time it is. Kinda OCD...

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

This is more than a phenom, everytime I am put to task, that being involved ritual, or pay attention to this I get the 11:11 or a 1:11, and sometimes rare the 12:34. This is not random, as a sensitive it alerts me to events about to happen, or those I am supposed to participate in or initiate. I tell you it is not subliminal, it is not happenstance. Someone is trying to tell you "something is about to occur and it is important" (probably your higher selves).

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

All extremely reasonable questions and believe me when I say that I've considered many theories in the past from both an analytical and logical perspective as well as from a metaphysical or ethereal one. I have never been convinced by any explanation I've considered and decided, a long time ago, that I was just going to accept it without the need for an explanation. It's just one of those quirky things that happen to some people.

That said, your questions do deserve some thought and response. No, I've never been a clock watcher, I'm not the type of person who has been prone to rote patterns (I have a tendency to feel stifled in such situations) and my chosen lifestyle is such that I definitely lean toward the unstructured much more than the structured. I do recognize, however, that we all have a subconscious mind which we have no conscious control over and that we might be prone to certain proclivities that we don't even realize.

Again, I think that all of your questions are reasonable; however, what facilitated this thread was not so much the consistency of seeing this pattern (which has happened for most of my life - long before I even knew that this didn't happen to everyone), but the absence of seeing it for well over a year and the unexpected return of the pattern over the last week or so. I find it interesting that the return of something, and not its absence, can bring it to the conscious mind.and I was curious if anyone else had experienced a temporary absence similar to my own.

I've considered this from many different angles. What is going on in my life right now that has been different during the last year (well, I moved a year ago and is it possible that due to my change in environment, I just stopped noticing the clock as often - I don't know)? Do I currently have more free time on my hands (no, my activities today largely replicate my activities from a year ago)? Is my life more stressful in some way (no, just the opposite)? Am I home more or less often (no, it's about the same).

When all is said and done, I might just need to go back to my old philosophy of accepting it as "one of those things". It's not something that I worry about, per se, I was just curious about others' recent experiences.

Cheers and thanks again for your response,
TG

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DetectiveT

I see it but I'm with the post above me and I don't think it is anything special. We see patterns and our bodies have very accurate internal clocks. I don't need an alarm clock to wake up and I usually wake up right on the dot. The only time that changes is if I'm sick or if my sleeping pattern dramatically changes. Even after that is only off by a few minutes. Once you become aware of the 1111 phenom it sinks into the subconscious and we are drawn to look at the clock because it's almost like a timer and then we just see patterns and certain ones will stick out.

Definitely logical and yes, we all have internal time clocks. There are even certain hormones or chemicals that our bodies naturally produce that supposedly act as a regulator in this regard. I agree that our subconscious mind governs many proclivities that never reach our conscious thought, but up until a few years ago, I never even considered 1111 as a "phenomena" and thought that everyone noticed it. I realize that's an illogical statement to make, but considering that I've seen 1111 as far back as my memories go (to about the age of five), it explains my initial naivety.

Have you noticed that 1111 has a generally positive meaning? Some even think it makes them special like they are some kind special souls being awakened. Now imagine if it had a bad meaning like if you constantly see 1111 you are the evilest of evil and are being warned that you'll suffer. How many people do you think would be on about seeing 1111. Not many I imagine. Even if they did see it most who talk about seeing it now wouldn't admit it.

I can't speak for anyone other than myself, but I can honestly answer that there's never been an association, either good or bad, with my seeing 1111. As I said before, for most of my life, I thought it was something that happened to everyone.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by zombicide83

When I was younger I always happened to look at the clock at 11:34 - on a digital clock it spells hell upside down. Kinda freaked me out.

Not intended as a dis, but lol. That would have freaked anyone!! How did you come about realizing it spelled hell upside down??

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Chaos, chaos, chaos, ORDER! Chaos, chaos chaos, ORDER!

I looked at the clock then and say 8:27 and I didn't even realise I did it, rill I retrained my thoughts.

had it been 11:11 I'd have gone "Damn it, it got me again!"

but it's just us, I believe. how we seek order out of chaos subconsciously as it is how we navigate live automatically. If you had to make a conscious decision about every single thing you ever had to do right down to breathing, you'd never ever do anything. So our subconscious looks for order as it's passive. It's safe.

Patterns help us do the same thing. If we see the shape of a large animal, instinct tells us to feel fear. And it might be a shadow on the bushes... you still react the same. But when you think about it, there isn't a bear or tiger there. Just the bushes.

A lot of what we think, is not what we actually think, but what we form our thoughts on from the way we instinctively perceive.

This might be one of the most logical explanations I've ever considered. Who among us wouldn't subconsciously look for some pattern of order amongst all of the chaos inherent in our daily lives. Very, very insightful indeed!!

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
not just 11:11 but 2:22, or 3:33, or 4:44 and so on.

I have been getting this a lot the past 6 months.

I have heard a number of explanations including being in sync with the universe, but I sure don't feel sync up.

edit on 6-5-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Earthscum

This is a nice thought to contemplate and, I believe, constitutes the majority of opinion that's been expressed in other threads on the topic. I suppose that one has the option of looking at it from an analytical point of view or from a metaphysical/spiritual one. Perhaps it merely boils down to a matter of one's overall belief system and my quandary has always culminated from the fact that my initial tendency is to think analytically, but I've seen and experienced too many unexplainable things in my life to totally discount a metaphysical possibility. Hence my non-commitment to either point of view.

In any event, any positive affirmation is a good one if you ask me and I thank you for the reminder of this positive thought!

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

No more or less possible than any other theory offered and I thank you for your input.

I consider you fortunate to have correlated the pattern to messages being sent to you I tried to do that for a number of years in my teens, if for no other reason than to find logic in what I perceived as the illogical, but I could never substantiate the same type of pattern as you so my rationale cancelled itself out. Then, just as I would convince myself to switch my thinking to a logical perspective (that it's a built in time clock, it's coincidence, etc.), something else remarkable and unexplainable would occur in another area of my life which served as a reminder that not everything we encounter has a tangible explanation.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

not just 11:11 but 2:22, or 3:33, or 4:44 and so on.

I have been getting this a lot the past 6 months.

I have heard a number of explanations including being in sync with the universe, but I sure don't feel sync up.

For me, it's always only been 11:11.

Your last comment did evoke an empathic chuckle from me, however. Like you, I sure don't feel too synced up with the universe either. It would be nice if those tides turned, yes?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

...my chosen lifestyle is such that I definitely lean toward the unstructured much more than the structured.

Me too. I hate "punchin' clocks". That said, I remember a time long ago when we used 11:11 as a test of awareness. Whatever we were doing the person that said "4 aces" got points for remembering to call out the time. We called it 4 aces because thats the best poker hand on the clock.

So we did it too. This would be about 30 years ago if memory serves.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Well my wife always saw 11:11. I never did, but then about a year after she passed away I started seeing it and it lasted about a month or two and has not happened since.

I did notice that once or twice I “knew” it was 11:11 just before looking at the clock. While that backs up the unconscious internal time clock thingy, which I do think is the mechanics of the thing, I suspect something more.

The reason I suspect something more is that, well, I suspect something more. Either in a metaphysical or spiritual way or myself trying to bring something to my own attention – it’s very difficult not to be left with a sorta “pause.” If it was just a mechanical function of an internal time clock I don’t think so many who experience the event would have their attention so caught by it.

We never seem to get a solid answer to the symbolism or meaning so many of us wonder about. (my wife always searched for a meaning and found none) So perhaps it’s not the symbolism that’s important as much as the actual “pause” or focus on the “time” – an awareness of our environment that we are being called out to, or even calling ourselves out to.

I do like the OCD answer but the implication is that it’s a wide spread human reaction to the dysfunction of our times. Like a way of grounding ourselves that we are still in the reality we think we are soposto be in.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I'm wondering more,what the 22/222/2222 thing is about.That's what i see most of the time,the 2's.I am very drawn to the number 22,so maybe it's a personal thing.It feels like it should mean something to me,but i have'nt had any specific revelations or insights on it,just that it seems to come up all the time.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join