It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please explain this....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
A few weeks ago, i was walking home at around 11 P.M. It was a Monday night.

As I turned to my left, i noticed a bright light to my left moving in the opposite direction to where i was moving. I looked around, and i noticed that this light had absolutely no source. It was approximately 6-7 feet in height. I was walking across the park in front of my house, and nothing at all, no car, nothing...was creating this light.

It was really really bright white. I couldn't make its form out. Any guesses? Opinions? Does this match anything you've seen or heard of?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
If your from LA it means that your gonna get your a$$ busted pretty soon, But in the UFO point of view it could be just an Air Plane or heli it can be a vareity of things

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I'm Canadian actually. This wasn't a plane. It was on the ground moving 20 feet away from me, moving in the opposite direction at a walking pace.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I have no idea what this was. Have you tried posting it in the paranormal forum too? The guys who hang out there may have some ideas.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
How long did it last?
Were stormy conditions present?
What was the weather like?
Did it just "appear"?

Just trying to see possible answers here...

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Hey Gazrok is it just me your does your Avator guy look well hung and on show

As for the light how come you can measure the distance, size but cannot think what it was

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
It's a floating book, but doesn't show well in low bandwidth mode....(or I just need to better the image)..

My questions point to ball lightning, but depends on the answers...

For paranormal explanations, I'd look to reference "Will o the Wisps"

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
It appeared out of nowhere. The skies were clear. It lasted for a good 10 seconds.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
It`s just one of those things you see in the night but because your vision is affected and the paranoia levels you have (as you wouldn`t be on this site if you didn`t have them) make you think that something odd had happened.Probably nothing and impossible to get an accurate explaination.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Actually my paranoia levels are low. I'm only on this site just to see if there's anything credible. I have an open mind and i'm a cynic. This was just a weird experience.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Given the color, size, duration, and method of travel, ball lightning sounds like a good candidate... It can occur even in clear skies, etc. I'd recommend a google on it, find out more about it, and see if it fits your sighting....

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Given the color, size, duration, and method of travel, ball lightning sounds like a good candidate... It can occur even in clear skies, etc. I'd recommend a google on it, find out more about it, and see if it fits your sighting....

After reading the thread I'd have to say that Gaz's suggestion on this makes the most sense. I don't think it's any sort of UFO or something of that nature, although I have to say im talking out of my ass here since there's no way I can be sure.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Let me retell the story so it makes more sense.

There is a major street called that runs North and South. The Park that touches it extends about 200 feet Westwards. I'm walking West away from the major street across the park.

As I am near reaching the end of the park, there is a bright light moving in the opposite direction as i am moving, so in otherwards east.

I turned around quickly to see if there was anything causing that light, such as a headlight, and there was nothing that was apparently causing it.

The bright light was about 6-7 feet in height. It reflected eastwards and westwards, but not northwards and southwards.

The light did not appear to be coming from the street. The light reflected in two directions, east and west.

My first instinct was "that was a bright light, did some asshole have his high beams on?" I looked, and no car was flashing a light in that direction"

Here are the problems: 1.) It looked as if light reflected off of something, but there was nothing that this light was reflecting off of. 2.) This light had no apparent source. The light flashed only in two directions, east and west, not north and south. 3.) This light did not flash in all directions. It was moving eastwards and suddenly just disappeared. 4. ) It showed up out of nowhere.

new topics

top topics

join