It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Assad Gives Green Light To Attack Israel

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Originally posted by all2human
Pre-emptive military strikes have always worked in this part of the world

If Syria/Iran srike Israel i say theve asked for it,what Israel has done here(attacking Syria) is completely illegal and would be considered by any other country, an act of war.
edit on 6-5-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

If one Mexican military rocket came crashing into El Paso and killed a family, there would be an instant march on Washington for hard retaliation.

Originally posted by camaro68ss
What do you know, another banker war. They got to make money some how.....

Israel already has all the weapons they need from the US...
So how do the Bankers get money from this? Cash Advances for more bullets?

Explain.
edit on 6-5-2013 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

no, obama would sue the state that was attacked for fighting back
like he did with Arizona when her locals were attacked by US fast and furious armed carteltards

who created Israel again?
oh yeah
BANKERS
edit on 6-5-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by pthena
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I think Israel is going to go full-tilt once and for all.

They seem to be effectively going full tilt on the media front!

Who is The Tower, and who is Avi Issacharoff ?

The Tower article is titled EXCLUSIVE: Assad Green-Lights Palestinian “Operations” Against Israel on the Golan Heights, Threatens Missile Attacks — Syrian TV.

Since when is a reporter reporting something supposedly from an official TV network exclusive? Doesn't that defy the definition of exclusive?

Notice some of the wording and phraseology:
" Two mortar shells struck Israel’s Golan Heights..." Israel's Golan Heights?

"On Friday and Sunday Israel reportedly struck Iranian and Hezbollah assets based in Syria. The Israelis have subsequently made extensive efforts to dampen tensions – IAF jets had conducted the air strikes from Lebanese air space, staying out of Syria – but nonetheless Damascus has been signaling that it may escalate the situation."

This is really rich. Israel's idea of "dampening tensions" is to use another country's airspace to attack that country's ally? Like if Cuba had planes in Canada firing missiles into the U.S., that would be considered "dampening tensions?" Give me a break!

TheTower.org was founded in January 2013 as a project of The Israel Project, a nonpartisan 501c3 educational organization based in Washington D.C. that works to provide facts about Israel and the Middle East to press, policy makers and the public.
About Us

edit on 6-5-2013 by pthena because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2013 by pthena because: (no reason given)

Sad thing is, it doesn't matter that this was fake news coming out of a Washington lobby effort. Not biased right? Sure. But regardless, once the "news" is out its not hard to make a lie the truth. Kinda the point of the OP right?

Also hilarious that someone supposedly from Syria would write "Israel's Golan Heights". Haha looks like some little college troll ghost writing for their masters didn't take many history lessons.

Fail.
edit on 6-5-2013 by masta12d because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2013 by masta12d because: Spelling and stuff

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

Brilliant Video , thanks for posting . If I could give you a million star for this I would. If you can't see this and put the dots together , its all in plain sight and you choose to ignore what has been shown to you, then you become part of the problem.

To The Powers That Be and Their Minions:-

You become just as culpable as any of those, who are calling the shots on the mass annihilation of innocent humans.

You helped to kill those children , the gates of hell , will open widely for the ignorant .

Fence sitting now becomes a crime as well and hiding your heads in the sand.

The tribulation begins and the guilty will be seperated from the innocent.

How much blood can your hands hold before it leaks out into view?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Dear Black_Fox, ATS Readers, Writers,

Thank you SO MUCH for posting these videos!

People get so tangled up in events, and forget what the whole deal is really about. The evil ones play upon our emotions; vilifying one nation, or one leader. It is so much deeper than the face of it, or what we are shocked with on the news clips.

The longer of the 2 videos is so spot on!!!!!!!!!! It needs to be seen by every person on this planet. It is nothing but the truth, and how it really goes down.

That fact doesn't take away from any of the anger, sorrow, and destruction and death that people must experience who are unfortunate enough to be where they want to create a war; or as the video said, make a big play on the chess board of life.

Wish I could give you 2 stars..lol

But as the video also says, "how do you stop this rush to madness" ? Resist, yes...you could bring everything to a grinding halt. But even then, those who dictate what moves are made on the chess board could give a squat less. They have enough money and resources, and paid for armies for them to go into hiding for generation after generation. And while they were hiding, the world would disintegrate.

Getting everybody to "get on board" with this peaceful concept would be ten times worse than trying to herd cats.

Just my opinion..of course, and going from experiences with human nature..

Personally I don't see where WW3 is avoidable due to too many people still asleep at the wheel. Even here on ATS where one would think most are at least a bit awake, we see thread drift.. squabbles, and some of the most inane remarks sometimes.

But thank you anyhow for posting what everyone needs to remember and not forget. I dipped my head in sadness a few months ago when I saw the currency wars heating up. Historically a shooting war has always followed. I thought for a while they might do it differently, or hoping that someone learned something from the past.

The world is run by psychopaths. They have a scientifically proven mental incapacity to be very creative at all.
History will repeat itself, and the next world war just might wipe out all life. They just repeat what worked for them in the past. And yes, when the "game" isn't going in their favour; they have no qualms about throwing the game board in the fire. Sad, but true

Pravdaseeker

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

If Syria/Iran srike Israel i say theve asked for it,what Israel has done here(attacking Syria) is completely illegal and would be considered by any other country, an act of war.

If one Mexican military rocket came crashing into El Paso and killed a family, there would be an instant march on Washington for hard retaliation.

Originally posted by camaro68ss
What do you know, another banker war. They got to make money some how.....

Explain.
edit on 6-5-2013 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

About the Mexican scenario i do believe you are wrong 100% it would be swapped under the rug so to speak. they already come over here and kill entire families now just not with a rocket.

the 2nd one on the banks. sure you can have a stock of ammo and weapons but its when you use them they will need to be replaced= more money. if they just sit on the shelf they will be no need to replace....

I personally feel that Israel is just wanting to push and push until they find that line they are going to wish they never crossed.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Videos are spot on but we are far from critical mass. Most people, the majority even understand there is something inherently flawed with government but will turn a blind eye or worse yet deny its true. Not because they can't see the truth, they are afraid of the consequences for them and their loved ones.

Can't say I blame them but who could really stomach this? I honestly can't believe that this can all be controlled by just a small mafia but all you need is resources and if you are RESOURCE, then you can please who you need, to control whom you chose.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Israel has attacked Syria several times now it's about time Syria did something about it. But the fools in DC will be happy to send in our people in to get killed to protect Israel.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
interesting to say the least.

dont have time to watch them 2 videos posted, so when i do later on i will add more to my comment

s&f op

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Syria is in a tough situation, they are in the middle of fighting a civil war and now they have a neighboring country firing missiles and rockets into their country.
Fighting an external war with your neighbors while you are involved in an ongoing civil war is a big task.
If i was Syria I would form a treaty with the rebels and pay them to attack Israel and then if there are any rebels left after they are done fighting with Israel I would renege on the treaty deal and attack the rebels.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Bye-bye Bashar.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

If Syria/Iran strike Israel i say theve asked for it,what Israel has done here(attacking Syria) is completely illegal and would be considered by any other country as an act of war.The question is does this sort of behaviour from Israel make it any safer?...

Yet people like you are silent about Syria's genocide of Christian Lebanese(then again the same type who hate Israel often hate Christians too, so the silence is understandable). Israel should just annex the whole of Syria and push them into Iraq.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Auricom

I always knew Israel would lead us into the third world war. Let's hope they don't end up using the Samson option when S really HTF.

Taking your signature into account, I hope you will extend me the same courtesy.

Israel has been taking it on the chin for decades, always defending itself with measured responses. Even their so-called "terrorist" attacks were specifically targeted killings designed to kill one person or a few while limiting collateral civilian damage.

Would the Palestinians go to the trouble of creating a cell phone bomb that would only go off when the intended victim answered? No. Does Hamas call the neighbors of their intended target and warn them to get away? No. Does Hezbollah rain down leaflets telling people to evacuate an area they are going to bomb? No.

No, those Palestinian TERRORIST organizations used to board buses and murder innocent civilians by blowing them to smithereens, they used to saunter into pizza parlors (they could, because the 20% of Israel's population that is Arab enjoy all the freedoms of the Jews) and use their bombs to coat the walls with human marinara, and they used to break into the homes of Jewish settlers and bash the heads of the children they found inside against rocks. So the Israelis built a wall; those things don't happen any more.

Do they ever target Israel's military with their indiscriminate mortars and rockets? No. They only target civilians. In the year before Cast Lead, Israel absorbed over 8,000 rockets and mortars before going in to Gaza to root out the filth that had been attacking their civilians.

So PLEASE excuse me if I don't get all misty eyed over the plight of the poor Syrian soldiers or the Iranian Shabib terrorists that are supporting Assad, raping women with rats tied to sticks and murdering civilians they think support the "rebels," or the poor misunderstood al-Qaeda terrorists that like to behead their Shia brethren and crucify any Christians they might find.

The only people I feel sorry for are the Syrian civilians caught in the middle. Assad is nasty, violent dictator; but average Syrians were a LOT better off under his rule than they will be if the Muslim Brotherhood takes over and yet another Islamist state rises on the border of Israel.

But considering the restraint they have shown so far, if Israel does unleash the Sampson Option it will only be because their very existence is threatened - and the recipients of their righteous anger are going to deserve everything they get.
edit on 7-5-2013 by IRockTheBox because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-5-2013 by IRockTheBox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
It seems as though the Assad regime is too preoccupied with their domestic insurrection to enter into anything but a limited conflict with Israel. What they're essentially doing is giving card blanche to Palestinian cells which will now attack Israel in and from within the Golan Heights. This stops short of entering into a hot war and engaging directly with Israel. However, all it will likely accomplish is Israel saying they're being attacked by terrorists, and thus generated justification for further attacks on Syria, as well as renewed crackdowns in the Golan Heights. In short, the status quo is maintained, but Israel becomes emboldened and more aggressive in its preemptive strikes and occupation of the Heights.

I think those characterizing this as the starting point of a wider war may be exercising a bit of premature hyperbole, with all due respect to those opinions. Syria is in no position to conduct war with Israel. It can be a nuisance and can cause a lot of damage and death, but Israel has a much stronger position, both militarily and particularly via the terrorism card and the international community's perception thereof (especially the United States.) For a wider war, in my opinion you'd need Iran and Lebanon to engage militarily, directly with Israel. "Popular committees" translates essentially as indirect involvement through support for various cells and factions targeting Israel from near its borders and in its outlying settlements. Again, the status quo, but a more violent form of it than we've seen in a while. Possibly another Intifada, etc.

One possible route to a wider war however, would be for Israel to perceive the nexus of these renewed attacks and the chemical weapons on Syria that they fear getting into the hands of groups such as Hezbollah, and decide to launch strikes against every support structure in every country contributing to those groups and their attacks. That would mean continued air strikes on Syria, as well as potentially on Iran and Lebanon. If that were to then lead to direct military retaliation by any of them... then we could see a wider conflict. Potentially. The scope of it, whether it would involve ground forces, etc. would depend on what the response actually was and how robust it was.

But we are still quite far from that and hopefully we shall remain so. Again, in my opinion. I choose to hope for the best and not to assume that people's worst tendencies will compel them.

That's by pragmatic assessment, but on a more personal, less pragmatic note, I consider all sides in this conflict equally at fault, and sincerely hope it draws to a close as quickly as possible with as little suffering and death as possible. As always, I do not care who started it or what the source of enmity between the parties is. I just advocate peace for everyone living in the region, whatever their grievances.

Peace.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Seems like he is late. He has already been attacked it appears.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

And you believe "Israel should annex the whole of Syria and push them into Iraq",and in the same breath calling me ignorant...Seriously? I respect ALL life
Hate is not a word i often use ,how about you?

believe it or not what Israel did in Syria was an illegal act of war
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
before you assume me,take a look at yourself.
edit on 7-5-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Explain.

The movie, "the International" was a good one. Based on banks profiting off war I believe...

Keep in mind governments finance war efforts with massive loans, or more specifically, their defence contractors take them in many instances.

I would say though, like the case of Yugoslavia, which if I remember correctly, the aim of destabilization in the region was to eventually have an all out offensive in the region which once it was over, the banks could come in, offer loans for rebuilding while installing central (World) banks which they didn't have previously. I do believe all Yugoslavian banks were state owned or privately owned, but not part of the global banking empire.

So, in that case, you have one of the most key positions in the area, which was using its own money (gasp!) and it had damn near every trade route near by which was forced to go through it's borders, and drop off money in the process. Giving an unfair (perspective?) advantage to the country and its people.

Not sure what's going on in Syria as I haven't invested enough time to know the particulars, it's also quite possible they aren't even available to the common Joe if you wanted to find out.

edit on 7-5-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

To clarify, I am not sure how close I am on my recollections of Yugoslav as it's been a few years since I looked into it, but I did find this article from '91 which is interesting:

www.nytimes.com...

A World Bank representative warned in a news conference here today that Yugoslavia could face a cutoff of credit if the market-based program of Prime Minister Ante Markovic was scrapped.

The financial scandal broke on Tuesday when federal officials said that on Dec. 28 the Parliament of the country's largest republic, Serbia, illegally and secretly approved a law requiring Serbian-controlled national banks to issue $1.8 billion worth of new money without any backing or federal Government approval.

In Yugoslavias decentralized banking system, republican national banks, which issue currency, are technically required to follow the tight credit policy approved by the federal Parliament as part of Prime Minister Markovic's reform package. Help for Industry

The money, which amounts to about half of the federal Government's planned 1991 credit expansion, was loaned to Serbia's Government and allocated to prop up money-losing industrial behemoths and pay pensions and farm price supports, a Government statement and newspaper accounts assert. How much of the money has actually been spent remains a mystery.

"We have not yet checked out whether all of the 18.3 billion dinars have been spent, but we have information that about 100 percent, or almost everything, has been spent," said Vukasin Markovic, a vice governor of the federal national bank. One dollar was worth about 10 dinars when Serbia undertook its measures; the currency has since been devalued by 22 percent.

"In effect it is theft from the other republics," said a Western diplomat. "These measures damage the business reputation of Serbia and Yugoslavia as a whole and erode creditor and investor confidence."

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   

reply to post by korathin

And you believe "Israel should annex the whole of Syria and push them into Iraq",and in the same breath calling me ignorant...Seriously?
Hate is not a word i often use ,how about you?

believe it or not what Israel did in Syria was an illegal act of war
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 7-5-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

Wah, wah, wah...!!!

"The j00s are bombing everyone they iz teh bad guy bla bla bla"

You know what? Israel may come off the bad guy and people want to blame them, but here's a thought... How much respect do you have for the 25 year old gangbanger who hands a Glock 9mm to a 10 year old and gets him to do the dirty work?

Not much? You don't say.

Now, if the police arrest that 10 year old, or, (worst case scenario) people will scream "OMG police is evil they shot a 10 year old dead."

-

Here's the thing about the ME, (And one could say the world over) most of the wars are fought by proxy. I think everyone got their lessons (education) in warfare during the 1st and 2nd World Wars. It doesn't pay to have all out offensives, invading countries is straining on population, supplies, production, and a host of other things.

Instead of invading the main target, you simply invade their weaker neighbour. Once you control enough area in the region you can choke out your enemy with economic and trade sanctions.

On the other side, if you are the other "bad guy" you simply fight your offensive guerrilla style for the most part. You deny all active operations against the big bad enemy (the real bad guy?) *(*1) You send discreet shipments of arms to the neighbours around your enemy, offer them oil or some other riches you might have to persuade them. Maybe you just ask for religious allegiance. (That can't be true though 'cause we should all know religion is a sham by now...) and you launch rockets into your enemy via proxy.

So you have proxy wars fighting all over the place. USA vs. Russia, fought in Afghanistan, also fought in Vietnam.

Though proxy wars have been known to escalate or be a part of something much bigger:

Spanish Civil War

A very famous conflict which exhibits patterns of a proxy war was the Spanish Civil War. The conflict that started between the Second Spanish Republic and Francisco Franco's National Sindicalists soon involved Nazi Germany and Fascist Italy on the Spanish Nationalist side and the Soviet Union help on the Spanish Republic's side. This war served as a useful proving ground for both the Axis and the Soviets to test equipment and tactics that would later be employed in the Second World War.

en.wikipedia.org...

*(1) Isn't everybody a bad guy these days? One person's evil villain is another's freedom fighter and all that, yadda yadda.

Some really disgusting examples has to be in Africa, where fighting for oil means hiring a bunch of mercenaries to come in, wipe out entire villages. Sometimes that doesn't work though, sometimes the makeshift governments are already in control of the disputed oil zones, so wiping out a village isn't enough, they need a whole new power structure loyal to your country? What can you do in such a situation as a foreign state with oodles of money and arms? Well, you can fund/arm/facilitate the current opposition powers in the country. Simply arm a Warlord with lots and lots of guns, bombs, rocket launchers and boy will they be happy. Make sure you give 'em a solid gold AK-47 too (Cause they really 'heart' those).

In an effort to appease their rich uncle Russia or America, they will rally up some child soldiers to your cause, overthrow the current puppet government, and all the delicious oil contracts will be yours once the coup is successful. But it doesn't end there! Give 'em a billion dollars to build a bridge to nowhere, (with compounded daily interest) and those warlords will divert and launder 99% of the money. That way, no bridge ever need be built and the good citizens of "Shiza-Land" be in debt to you for an amount they can never pay back, they sell you the rest of their commodities for cents on the dollar. Can't even make the interest payments? No problem! Whatever country has a controlling interest will give 250 Million in "Aide"

Hahahahahaha, oh man, some of you actual thought that "Aide" was spent on the Africans/Egyptians/Syrians, etc...

Yeah, that money is used to pay interest payments. Sometimes, very rarely, they might even get to pay some of the principal off the loan. But not often.

The funniest part is how well documented the "aide" programs are of sending money that is never used what it's intended for. Yet, somehow that fact slips by everyone. Open-Eyes-Now.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

I think those characterizing this as the starting point of a wider war may be exercising a bit of premature hyperbole, with all due respect to those opinions. Syria is in no position to conduct war with Israel. It can be a nuisance and can cause a lot of damage and death, but Israel has a much stronger position, both militarily and particularly via the terrorism card and the international community's perception thereof (especially the United States.) For a wider war, in my opinion you'd need Iran and Lebanon to engage militarily, directly with Israel.

Don't you see that already happening. Do you really see any conflict here as "Syria" or don't you see all the powers puppet-ing them? The Syrian wikileaks in the Stratfor intelligence dump was pretty revealing. Essentially saying that everyone had interest in Syria, Russia and Iran with the most obvious pull. The US wanted in, and Israel was going nuts on them through Turkey influence (if I remember correctly?)

Anyway, there was no Turkey sandwich, and many of the big wigs have been fighting for Syria behind closed doors. Whoever wins that region is going to be holding a key position, but by no means does Syria have it's own plans in the region beyond trying to stay alive. (In my opinion)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Of course Assad has decided to do something about that, on the palestinians expense...how brave of him. Getting the potatoes out of fire with someone else' hands.

But who cares? The palestinians are dying to fight anyway, so at least let them do it for a noble purpose. And in this way everybody gets what they want: Assad gets the illusion that he is actually doing something about Israel, without putting his precious butt at risk, the palestinians gets to fight and die, like they always do, and Israel gets an easy target and a new pretext not to make peace with palestinians.

Ah, you must love a politician mind.....
As for the WW3... I don't think so. Just regional businesses, like usual.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Sources? Israeli sources, oh yeahh!

If Israel wants a reason to destroy Syria, then they will find a reason. Mossad is good enough to purchase some naive Palestinians or even Syrians to kill a few people inside Israel, if they wanted to.

Have you ever heard of Tonkin, USS Liberty, Sender Gleiwitz or Pearl Harbour?

If criminals or politicians (most of the time there is hardly any difference for the definition of these two words) want to have war, then they will surely find a reason to "defend themselves". It is pretty easy to find a reason for war to describe the "heroic defense" of your own country and the good and noble reason to begin a war.
This would not be the first time in history when a country stages an attack on itself and on its own population for presenting a noble reason for an already long planned war. Q.E.D.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join