It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Casey Anthony judge: There was enough to convict

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
When I see cases like that one, I lean more an more towards the view we should have professional Juries or trial by a panel of Judges.

People are to easily manipulated by skilled, charismatic attorneys.

Still our system is a good one as it is now. What I just suggested would have problems also. Look at our Supreme Court where Judges vote so often on ideology that their votes can be predicted most of the time.

Tough one.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Why does anyone care?

In a world with a plethora of potentially civilization altering issues (environmental, man-made disaster like Fukushima, nations at war, widespread disease, widespread starvation), why are the mouth breathing house fraus with their phony outrage still spending more of their time and energy seeking "Justice for Caylee" than they devout to their own children and their own communities?

Bottom line: That Casey Anthony woman is receiving a far worse punishment than any prison term or death penalty could; her life is over: she can never again leave her home without wondering if today is the day that someone is going to enact their own brand of misguided justice, she will find it impossible to build any meaningful real-world relationships and she will find it impossible to find a company not associated with her former legal team to hire her.

Frankly there is no reason for any of us to know this person's name. We only do know her name because she is camera-friendly and came on the media's radar with all the baggage of a reality television show; she was simply used as a tool to keep the cable television advertising rates high and, in turn, drive their revenue higher because it appealed to a loyal audience which spiked cable television ratings to record levels.

Whereas there is no one seeking justice for the upwards of 2,200 murders that have occurred in the City of Chicago between the first time the public heard the name Casey Anthony and today. What makes these 2,200 lives so disposable and this one child in Florida so much more God damn important than all of those 2,200 victims combined? Frankly it is revolting.

For reference: Number of Deaths between the first time the public heard the name Casey Anthony (July 2008) and today (8 May 2013):

2,200 US Citizens Murdered in Chicago
1,416 US Troops killed in Action in Afghanistan
424 US Troops killed in Action in Iraq
1 US Citizen Named Caylee Marie Anthony Killed in Florida

On second thought, I guess it is clear; the numbers don't lie... the house fraus and the media and their phony outrage obviously have their priorities straight.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Seriously? The trial wasn't a circus the media was the circus. They had everyone thinking that girl was guilty before she ever went to trial.

The jury was absolutely right in finding her not guilty! There wasn't ONE SHRED of evidence to support that she killed her daughter and I honestly don't believe she did. Find her guilty of negligence, find her guilty of lying to police, and improper disposal of a corpse (or any similar charges), but saying she is guilty of murder without any evidence? That would be a travesty. It was a trial by media. I watched the actual trial from start to finish and I agreed wholeheartedly with the jury. She didn't murder her daughter. I would say something happened that led to her daughters accidental death and then her knowledge of what can happen to a negligent parent, stories from her policeman father, scared her into covering it up.

If I had to guess I would say she left her daughter in a car to run inside a store or a friends and it ran out of gas which caused the air conditioning to shut off. The reason I think this is because she ran out of gas (detailed in depth in the trial) and a friend helped her get a gas can (which she got in secret breaking into a shed) then she wouldn't let that friend near the trunk of her car. I think the car ran out of gas, she returned and found her daughter dead and hid her.

Something else that is important to understand that was used to demonize the girl to look guilty. The chloroform thing was b.s. Her boyfriend had a picture on his myspace that said "win her over with chloroform" a stupid joke, but naturally as ditzy girls infatuated with a boy will do she wanted to know what chloroform was so she could be on the level with her boyfriend. She looked it up one time. It had nothing to do with the case.
edit on 8-5-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by NickDC202

I agree with you, but each and every case must be discussed and scrutinized to understand what happened and how before we can learn how to make things better.
There are many people who need justice. Especially children. I've spoken out a lot about the Dutroux Affair, but the media has a way of not reporting on this stuff. The main problem here is that our focus is directed my the media. They decide what we're going to be up in arms about, but why?
I'm certainly not discounting the media surrounding the search for Caylee, but you have to wonder why this little girl was such a focus when so many children go missing every day. If one looks closely enough at the pattern, they'll notice that children who are cute tend to get the most media attention and the most people searching for them. This is wrong. It needs to change and discussing things like this are a way of doing it.
For example, had you not written your post, I wouldn't have been spurned into writing about the media's attention on attractive children versus the alternative.
Thank you for causing the thread to enter a most important avenue!

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

And you have every right to believe that just as I will believe that she was the murderer.
I believe she used chloroform to sedate her daughter, then placed her into the trunk. One time she returned and she discovered her dead.
But, that's just what I gathered from the evidence and where it was pointing.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

And you have every right to believe that just as I will believe that she was the murderer.
I believe she used chloroform to sedate her daughter, then placed her into the trunk. One time she returned and she discovered her dead.
But, that's just what I gathered from the evidence and where it was pointing.

You were purvey to that "evidence" or is that what you want to believe? The State made that claim but couldn't back it up. From what I gather, you would have agreed with the State because they said so; no evidence to even provide the inclination that is what happened. I am glad you were not on that jury because it is obvious that you had a preconceived notion to what you would rule with disregard to testimony and evidence presented.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Read my above post again since i edited it.
She didn't use chloroform. She never had chloroform. You got sucked into the HLN spin. Lies. Again chloroform had nothing to do with this case. Her boyfriend at the time had a joke picture on his facebook that said win her over with chloroform. She being curious looked it up. The prosecutors botched the internet evidence to show that she looked it up multiple times, when in reality she looked it up once. They were even going to charge the IT guy that lied on the stand but couldn't because he was out of state. She looked it up one time to relate to her boyfriend. She didn't know what it was and you think she was smart enough to devise a plan to create and use it? Let me tell you why that is ignorant. Her parents (daughters grandparents) loved keeping their grand daughter. If Casey wanted to go out she didn't need to chloroform her daughter.. just drop her off at grandmoms. It's sensationalism that rots critical thinking. If you thought about it for a second you would realize how absurd it was. She loved her daughter (as documented in video and picture) for two years. She didn't kill her at 2 because she wanted to party when she already partied regularly.

There was NO evidence that pointed to chloroform. If there was I would love to be enlightened, but I know better.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Absolutely. He could have only come to that conclusion based on the horrible media coverage of HLN and that nasty woman Nancy Grace. Nothing in the actual trial which I watched start to finish should lead anyone to believe that chloroform played any part in the reality of this case. It was part of the media fiction.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

According to the station, prosecutors were not even aware of a majority of the potentially damning computer browser evidence at the time of the trial. "We were waiting for the state to bring it up," defense attorney Jose Baez told WKMG. "And when they didn't, we were kind of shocked."

The afternoon of Caylee's death, June 16, 2008, someone reportedly searched the term "fool-proof suffocation," misspelling the last word as "suffication," on the Anthony family's computer. The user then reportedly clicked on an article that criticizes pro-suicide websites that include advice on "foolproof" ways to die. "Poison yourself and then follow it up with suffocation" by placing "a plastic bag over the head," the writer quotes others as advising.

Casey Anthony prosecutors, cops botched important evidence, report says

Blame is with the Prosecution. Period.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

You are free to feel that way, but the searches on the computer, the evidence of chloroform in the trunk, and the testimony of the mother about the family dogs being extremely lethargic without cause leads me to believe that Casey was researching chloroform, experimenting on the dogs with it, then using it on her daughter so she could party seems a very plausible scenario for me.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I disagree with you man. If you ever want to know why I can explain it. She really didn't and it's obvious when you start looking into it. She was negligent and guilty of crimes, but not murder. She definitely loved her kid and I am glad she didn't go to jail for life because of a mistake. There wasn't one tiny piece of evidence to suggest she murdered her, but if they had argued a case for accidental death due to negligence I assure you the true story would have come out. I think she served her time.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Circumstantial at best; I search all kinds of topics, does that mean I am guilty of anything? Damning of course, but the State knew it was a stretch and that is why they probably didn't even bother with it. Maybe a TV show peaked someones interest in suffocation or a movie or a story they heard. It is too flimsy to even try to connect it.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

He could have only come to that conclusion

You believe I'm a man?
What evidence has brought you to this conclusion or are you only basing this on your preconceptions?

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

She would have served time if the State didn't go for the gusto. The District Attorney was looking at a fat pay raise with this case (in my opinion). It should have been negligent homicide and they probably would have convicted.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

See.. you are making a HUGE assumption to the point that you are actually willing to put someone in jail for life or kill them because you believe something you have no evidence of!

What if Casey or her Father searched that considering suicide? What if it had nothing to do with the case at all? They don't KNOW it was the same day Caylee died, and no one knows why it was searched. That is very flimsy evidence. I have searched for stuff that would look bad if I got caught up in a murder trial. They would probably say I am a crazy conspiracy theorist that is obsessed with serial killers because I come here and have been reading about serial killers for a short story I am writing.

There is just as much circumstantial evidence that shows Casey as a loving mother and that it was an accident as there is showing it was on purpose. I think it would be pretty obvious how to off a kid (i know that sounds morbid) but if you were considering yourself you might look it up. ALSO NOTICE THE LINK THEY CLICKED WAS A SUICIDE RELATED WEBSITE!

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Daughter is missing, and dead, and she out renting movies and partying.

That is not normal in anyway.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

I would have put He/She if your life was on the line, does that make you feel better?
Since I am a guy it is more natural for me to refer to anonymous persona's as guys. Have a real point?

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

It's impossible to determine where her head was at. When I get anxiety/depression I go out way more than normal because my mind is racing too much without distractions.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
Daughter is missing, and dead, and she out renting movies and partying.

That is not normal in anyway.

Some Devil's advocacy here....what is normal? Normal for you? For me? For society? For the media? I mean, I have laughed hysterically at a funeral....maybe I killed the person because it wasn't "normal"......

edit on 8-5-2013 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

The Prosecution botched the case. The Judge is saying There was enough to convict. What more can anyone say?

Shes free Vic. Wheres the justice for this little girl?

Whatever I say, isn't going to change the outcome, and neither is trying to convince me.

Agree to disagree.

I also believe like Blaine, we should have Judges as Jurors, maybe when you have high profile cases, such as these.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join