It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13 mile long Crop Circle in the Desert

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

There you have it.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Here's what this area - Mickey Basin, Oregon - looks like from 9,000ft. Correct me if I'm wrong but the 9,000ft quotes would be above sea level. The area where this was - if it's real - is Mickey Basin, Oregon which has an elevation of 4,000ft. That would mean that the plane was flying only 5,000ft above the ground...right?

Google Map of this location at approximately 5,000ft (9,000ft above sea level): goo.gl...

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jsm11482

You can hardly even see the width of a road from that height let alone a 10inch wide mark in the ground.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Wheelindiehl

It's said to be in this salt-bed: goo.gl...

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

You're not looking for something 10" wide...that is the width of ONE line. You're looking for a pattern that's 180' square or so.

Anyway, I wasn't saying you could or could not see this at this elevation, just posting the info. Also I wasn't sure if my assumption about 9k ft really being only 5k ft since the elevation is 4k ft was correct!
edit on 8-5-2013 by jsm11482 because: Fixed some words.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jsm11482

You're not looking for something 10" wide...that is the width of ONE line. You're looking for a pattern that's 180' square or so

A pattern that's made from a few lines that are 10inches wide. The length of the lines wont make then easier to see.

If you take an a4 sheet of lined paper and then hold it up 100 feet away you wont be able to see the lines on the paper from that distance. now if you put 50 of those sheets next to each other so all the line on the paper line up you still wont be able to see the lines from 100 feet away. The length of the lines wont make then easier to see.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
if its aliens or humans they did a good job

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

FYI according to this article from back in the day, the thing is "about a quarter of a mile across" and the lines are "six inches across and four inches deep".

news.google.com...,2003257&dq=shri+yantra+design&hl=en

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Here's another article: news.google.com...,5039797

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
So close! Google Earth has imagery for this area back to 6/1994!

There are a couple of "crosses" at 42°44'59.69" N 118°18'45.07" W - I wonder what those are...

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

What??
The width of a two lane road is approx 24'.
A black top road. 24' wide?
Do you seriously expect people to believe you cannot see a black and yellow swath of Earth from 9,000' feet?

Tha is reaching A LOT. Even for you.
Silly really.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Hell, I betcha I can set google earth at 20,000' and see a 24' blacktop road.
Wanna bet skeptic?

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
green radar stamp here looks pretty suspicious 42°42'54.37"N 118°27'33.78"W

if you think of the lines being 10 feet/yards/meters wide instead of inches then it probably would be visible at 9000 feet

or the more likely case, the photo taken was from only 900 feet above the ground, which would make more sense seeing as the formation is only 1/4 of a mile, 1320 feet, wide
edit on 8-5-2013 by Tenacious8 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

What are you talking about?

jsm11482 linked to a Google maps image he claims was at 9000ft ish. You can 'hardly' see a road in that image, and that's with them highlighted to stand out as they are on Google maps.

If a road is 24ft then that's 28 times wider than a 10 inch wide line. If you can hardly see a road that's at least 10-25 ft wide how can you expect to see something 28 times thinner. Google maps highlights the roads so you can see them at higher altitude. Try turning the labels off on Google maps at that altitude, now can you see any white line markings on the roads?

And yes i am a skeptic, i dont mindlessly believe something just because someone said it was true you should try it , it will be a new experience for you

edit on 8-5-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
13.3 miles?
If that was done by a group of people I have to give them mad props for pulling off something so massive. I can't imagine trying to keep something this large symmetrical let alone keep the pattern and pull it all off in the end. If it wasn't human made, then..........what is it?

You could use GPS route planning to do something like that. A local base station could be used to improve accuracy. But still, it would take hours to do. Say you had four or five offroad vehicles, each with a plough behind them and a preprogrammed route stored on a GPS navigator. It would have to be done at night, so that would give 10 hours of darkness. Vehicles could be transported by helicopter.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tenacious8
green radar stamp here looks pretty suspicious

I noticed that too, but looking closer you can tell it's just a plot of farm land (you can see the circular lines where the irrigation system rotates to water the plants).

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I agree on the 10'' lines.
Not on a road though. A 24' wide blacktop road is clearly visible from 9,000'. Highlighted or not.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Here is a picture take from Google Earth from 2890 mtrs (9481ft)

It's the Cerne Abbas Giant in England he is 180 ft tall carved into the hillside the lines are 12" across white chalk against the grass.

To give you an idea of the line width

More info here

en.wikipedia.org...

If the contrast is great enough you will see very narrow lines from that height , the object in the OP although made of narrow lines has many close together so that would make it more visible even more so under the correct lighting conditions do I think ET made it NO like all crop circles etc man made!!!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
man made or alien made does anyone know how to read it???

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Interesting that you can see that from the height. I think the highly reflective chalk helps a lot. They use the chalk because it reflect the sunlight so well and can be seen from a distance.

Ill concede that it might be possible to see the desert glyph from that height. Well researched wmd_2008

I still think 100% the desert glyph like all crop circle designs is man made though. It will take a lot more than an unclaimed piece of art to make me think otherwise

edit on 9-5-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join