It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13 mile long Crop Circle in the Desert

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

ok , quoting for mirth value :

extremely hard compact dirt that is very difficult to dig in...No cars where seen for miles, no tire tracks were seen for miles...No footprints were seen at the site or anywhere around it

the critical thinking is weak in this one

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Extremely hard compact dirt... Maybe that's why
there are no visible tracks or footprints?

Indeed, weak arguments

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Its all crap, I saw a site which claims it does the crop circles and companies pay them money too. They can even create human photographic faces in crops. And now we have the sand art people.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
reply to post by purplemer

Just doing the math I would say that there are roughly 350 miles of lines here.
It is really hard to believe this was made by an artist.
Also , it seems no one ever has taken credit for it , which is strange.
edit on 6-5-2013 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

Being far from a math major, or advanced mathematics, I'm curious the lineal length of just one sides of the cube shape ?
However the video did seem to mention a time frame from the 90's. Funny more haven't heard of this then, if that time frame is in true.?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
If the lines are 10 inches wide how come we can see them from 9000 ft?

You make a good point. After reading your comment, I did a google search for 'Areal views of 9,000 foot elevation and looked through pictures from that altitude. I sure don't think you could distinguish anything 10 inches wide from that altitude. I think there are inconsistencies in the photo and the information relating to it. Still a good find however.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11I11
reply to post by elevenaugust

I thought this may have been a genuine extraterrestrial crop circle until you shattered it to pieces with your human sand art.

Umm, that didn't shatter anything to pieces, it just offered a possible alternative.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
The many layered triangles seem to be an obvious reference to a merkaba:

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Here is the amazing meaning of the Sri Yantra:

smphillips.8m.com...
smphillips.8m.com...
and subsequent pages.
The Sri Yantra is isomorphic to other sacred geometries, such as the Tree of Life (Otz Chiim), five Platonic solids & disdyakis triacontahedron. It is a map of the spiritual cosmos:
smphillips.8m.com...

The 2-d Sri Yantra geometrically embodies the 240 roots of E8, the rank-8 Lie group at the heart of superstring theory:
smphillips.8m.com...
smphillips.8m.com...
The 2-d Sri Yantra constructed from the Pythagorean tetractys also embodies the 496 roots of E8xE8 & SO(32), the two possible symmetry groups of superstring forces:
smphillips.8m.com...

The 3-d Sri Yantra embodies structural parameters that express the toroidal vortex rings that make up the E8xE8 heterotic superstring:
smphillips.8m.com...
smphillips.8m.com...

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
It gives a good indication into the workings of the human mind and how we came to believe in gods etc - some pattern appears "overnight" (apparently), no one saw it being done, how could you make a pattern like that?

I have no answer therefore it must have been some unseen mystical force, or in todays slightly more technologically advanced age where we scoff at the idea of gods and the like, we transpose the culprits into even more advanced than we are aliens.

It was some people dudes - just because you don't know how it was done doesn't mean it is impossible.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
reply to post by buster2010

lol at 9000 feet you can even see people how would you see a line 9 inches wide? Have you ever been in an airplane?
edit on 7-5-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

Yes obviously many more times than you have. The human eye is very good at telling the difference between light and dark.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
If it were a single line 10'' wide, sure it would be hard to see. Thing is though, this is a large area. 180' square. Easily visible from 9,000' considering the contrast of color.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
13.3 miles?
If that was done by a group of people I have to give them mad props for pulling off something so massive. I can't imagine trying to keep something this large symmetrical let alone keep the pattern and pull it all off in the end. If it wasn't human made, then..........what is it?

Aliens!

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Even if you were to simply square off the border section of the glyph, you have over half a mile of lines just in the border alone.
Driving a vehicle and dragging something? Seriously? Look at the flower petals!

13 miles of lines is something skeptics will overlook. This glyph is on par with the Nazca lines. Except better.

I don't claim to know how it was made but it is very, very impressive.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
If the main outside lines are 10 inches wide there's no way that it is 13.3 miles long. Much, much smaller.

There should be a way to get a rough caculation of how long each side is (just buy the photo) if we know the lines are 10 inches wide. Whether it's 130 feet, or 1300 feet, or 13 miles.

Just by eyeballing that, I'd go with the 180' squared that's been posted several times. Again no way that is 13 miles long. 13.3 miles of lines in total sure, that makes some sense.

Also with todays GPS tools and other technology to create these lines, as well as work at nighttime with ideal viewing conditions. I have no reason, being an artist myself, that this was not done by humans. Some of you give mankind too little credit.

Pyramids of Giza...man-made, but this has to have been made by ET's.

edit on 7-5-2013 by Nola213 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

The width of the lines has no bearing on the overall length of the lines combined.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
13.3 miles?
If that was done by a group of people I have to give them mad props for pulling off something so massive. I can't imagine trying to keep something this large symmetrical let alone keep the pattern and pull it all off in the end. If it wasn't human made, then..........what is it?

How can it be 13 miles long? It's 8 miles to the horizon.
Who made it?
Maybe nature made it? is it a hoax?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
9,000 feet = 108,000 inches
To claim that anything (aside from a direct light source, which this is not) 10 inches wide should be clearly visible to the naked eye from 108,000 inches away is simply absurd.
At 10 inches wide each line, the scale of the entire etching must be rather small to have gotten the whole thing in frame with each singular line remaining visible.
I'm going with this explanation (click on "talklikeapirat"):reply to post by talklikeapirat

60 yards sounds about right to me, keeping in mind how large "10 inches" appeared in the video.
You guys did watch the video, didn't you?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
This is very simple, people. If you add all of the lines up in the glyph, you get a total length of 13iles.
The glyph itself was reported as 60 yards across, making it roughly 180' square. Something 180' square, with obvious contrast WILL be visible from 9,000'. Doubtful you would see the individual lines, but you WOULD see the outline of the whole glyph.

*facepalm*

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Does anyone know the coordinates?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
At 10 inches wide, three inches deep and 13 miles in total length, that's a WHOLE LOT of dirt to dig up. I don't think that includes the interior part of the design either. The way I took it was that the 13 miles was just the exterior lines. This isn't going to be a little pile you can carry out by hand, your going to need dump trucks. (note plural) That is a lot of cubic feet of dirt. I've done a few landscaping jobs that called for a few yards of dirt, its a hell of a lot more than you picture in your mind.

Even if you find a way to spread it out in the immediate area, it will still be noticable. So I wonder where it went to and how they got it there without leaving some type of tracks or other evidence. Wasn't it stated that this area was inaccessible by vehicle? Maybe someone else can do the math on the total amount of dirt that would need to be removed. I've got a ct scan to run to now. Will check back later. Hopefully someone will be kind enough to figure it out.

peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join