It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13 mile long Crop Circle in the Desert

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Never heard of this before. Can anyone verify if it is real or if it has been hoaxed. If it was done by people then they sure put a lot of effort in to it... Not really sure what to make of crop circles but this one is very impressive...

13.3 miles of lines were carved into a dry-lake bed in Oregon. What was discovered looked like a Crop Circle in the middle of the Desert...A perfect "Sri Yantra Mandala Formation". This ancient symbol was so precise it was flawless...Each line was 10 inches wide and 3 inches deep carved into extremely hard compact dirt that is very difficult to dig in...No cars where seen for miles, no tire tracks were seen for miles...No footprints were seen at the site or anywhere around it...No apparent signs of tools were used...And no one was seen in the area.

Interestingly, the skies above the Sri Yantra are regularly used as part of the Idaho Air National Guard's pilot training area. According to the lieutenant pilot who first spotted the huge Pattern on August 10, no pilots had reported a design-in-progress; the Pattern had simply 'appeared' one day...

cropcircleconnector.com...

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
13.3 miles?
If that was done by a group of people I have to give them mad props for pulling off something so massive. I can't imagine trying to keep something this large symmetrical let alone keep the pattern and pull it all off in the end. If it wasn't human made, then..........what is it?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing this beautiful um, dry lake bed circle. Best one I've seen in a while. I'll be paying close attention to this one.

Pladuim

Wait, this was found in 1997, surprised I've never seen it.

edit on 6-5-2013 by Pladuim because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
You can't imagine what artists are able to do.

Check out the amazing and beautiful sand art of Jim Denevan, for example:

Anyway, not sure about the "13 miles long" affirmation, as the cropcircleconnector.com site states: "consisted of 13.3 miles of lines" which is not exactly the same thing.

edit on 6-5-2013 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Not really a crop circle if its not in crops

Very nice, its been scored into the ground..so that means it been created by something dragging something along the desert floor to make the mark. Would have to be a vehicle scraping out the desert floor.

I remember seeing an advert for something (might have been a car ad) where they did a pattern on a desert with cars.

The trouble with thecropcircle connector you cant really believe what they say about there being no tracks, foot prints or how long it took. The are just a second rate website that makes money from selling books and DVD's amongst other things to people who believe crop circles are made by aliens or something and just report second hand info that's not checked or verified. They quite often bend the truth

edit on 6-5-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
This was something David Wilcock has talked about in his take on Divine Intervention. This 3" deep carving of he Sri Yantra appeared right before the end of the Cold War and he more or less thinks Aliens made it for a show of peace between the nations as he also thinks the extra terrestrials had an influence on all the stand downs of all the Nukes mysteriously not working.

David went on to say that somebody came out and tried to take credit for it but when they went out there to explain how this person made it (which isnt even accessible by vehicle to carry all the tools to make it) he was unable to even make a dent in the drybed.

edit on 6-5-2013 by cass1dy09 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

The sand art links are lovely. Thank you for sharing. I can understand how someone can make things large scale out of sand. This thing has been embedded in a hard lake bed. I am not saying it was not done by an artist. Just that it would really take an awful lot of effort. You cant even get a vehicle out there. I would think you would need machinery to do something this precise. Its not like dragging a plank across some sand or something

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Just doing the math I would say that there are roughly 350 miles of lines here.
It is really hard to believe this was made by an artist.
Also , it seems no one ever has taken credit for it , which is strange.
edit on 6-5-2013 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
If the lines are 10 inches wide how come we can see them from 9000 ft?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Can anyone verify if it is real or if it has been hoaxed.

Not exactly hoaxed if Jeane Mannings story is true. I read her free energy book a couple years ago, this is how i stumbled upon the article she'd wrote about Bill Witherspoon and the Sri Yantra.

When the hubbub forced artist Bill Witherspoon of Iowa to come forward and set the record straight, he was met with disbelief. He claimed that he and a few friends carved the design on the salt flat with a man-pulled plow! An architectural expert said that was impossible; it would have required sophisticated surveying equipment and cost at least $100,000.

Regardless, a government bureau fined Bill $100 for unauthorized use of public land. Other angry voices accused him of cultural appropriation, defacing the environment or hoaxing a crop circle. What’s the true story of why artists toiled in the scorching heat?

(...)

Back in the desert, inside his 60-yard-across design, he wondered what it would be like to live in a Sri Yantra. The central part of such a form, the bindu, is left open and said to be “unmanifest and pure, the source of creation”. A bindu large enough to live in would require a huge land area to keep proportions correct.

source

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
It is 180' square. Very impressive. No worries, someone just hopped in an effin fj cruiser and drug a board with embedded nails along the back.

How would wee see it from 9,000 feet? Simple really. Stark contrast and massive scale.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Just to throw in my opinion, the design of it is completely human and has been used for a long time to denote harmony and good well-being etc.

Done by people imo, not sure how but that's my gut feeling.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
Just to throw in my opinion, the design of it is completely human and has been used for a long time to denote harmony and good well-being etc.

Of course it was done by people, what do they think aliens would do it for?

It's not like their ships would have this engraved on the bottom?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Maybe mate but it's not like we have access to a flying saucer to examine the underside for ourselves just yet

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Nice pictures. I understand it's 13 miles of lines, not across. I'm not sure if the exact dimensions.

Here is another link that references the material.

www.labyrinthina.com...

Enjoy

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I believe this is the result of direct energy weapons being tested or calibrated from a satellite. This could explain how some crop circle are done with such precision.

Here's a thread I did on it.
Are crop circles the product of Direct Energy Weapons?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
If the lines are 10 inches wide how come we can see them from 9000 ft?

By the color difference. The layers beneath surface are darker that is why it's so easy to see.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

lol at 9000 feet you can even see people how would you see a line 9 inches wide? Have you ever been in an airplane?
edit on 7-5-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Maybe they were using the desert like an Etch-a-Sketch.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

I thought this may have been a genuine extraterrestrial crop circle until you shattered it to pieces with your human sand art.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join