It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's first plastic gun, made with 3D printer, successfully fired in the United States

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

Our Alcohol problems is cultural like your gun problem....its abit of a complex issue. Your welcome to chime in though as this is a INTERNATIONAL forum.

Oh, the old as time retort of "It's an international forum". Do you have anything original in your retorts.

Oh wait, I just read your below retorts. No....no you don't.

But, addressing your alcohol problems. It needs to be banned, as YOUR society as a whole has shown that due to it being a cultural issue, you and your citizens are not responsible enough to consume alcohol and not become violent. It spreads to your children and they learn that drinking and fighting is the norm, and create violent criminals.
If alcohol were only outlawed there, you would all be safe. And the children would be safe as well.

Sounds just as stupid when applied to other things in life, to other countries.

INTERNATIONAL forum? Plus the fact that printable guns will have far retching effects outside the USA.
At no point have I said ban guns in the USA.

If the people outside the US print a firearm, then it is the problem and issue of that person's country. not the US.
The US isn't responsible for the lack of maturity and the terrible actions of others.
That is what is wrong in the world today. You and others like you are just set on blaming others for your errors and shortfalls.

Again INTERNATIONAL forum. That and you were the one who started it by implying I live in a oppressive tyranny.

It is like talking to a parrot.
Where you like is oppressive. You have no guaranteed right to arm yourself for self defense.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Where you like is oppressive. You have no guaranteed right to arm yourself for self defense.

Actually I have a crossbow. Seeing as 99.999% of break ins here are either unarmed or at worse have knifes Im pretty safe.

And I argue that if my country is opressive so is yours with its detention without trial, warrnetless searches and databaseing of inocent peoples biometrics.

Sorry but just cause you were brought up brainwashed with the idea that you live in "the land of the free" does not make it so. And dont go blabbing about the constitution as obviolsy your goverments not taking notice of it and unless you stand up for it its just a scrape of paper and your country is just as crappy as any other westen govemnet.

O by the way my country tried implementing some of the tyrannical things your govement did....guess what we shot them down....guess even without guns we are better at standing up for our rights

But hey redneck boy you keep telling yourself how great the USA id as your govemenet wipes its arse with your constitution and laughs. Your guns seem to be doing very little in this regard......

By the way if you rednecks and other yanks had actually botherd to read your constituion and followed the first bit "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State" you would'nt be in the state you are in as every US state would have a formidible force that could really scare your govemnet. Unfortunatly you just focused on the secound bit. so now all you got is a bunch of rednecks with guns that talk tough but sit on there arses and do nothing and if even you did do anything you would be so disorganised your huge military complex would crush you.
edit on 9-5-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

But, addressing your alcohol problems. It needs to be banned, as YOUR society as a whole has shown that due to it being a cultural issue, you and your citizens are not responsible enough to consume alcohol and not become violent. It spreads to your children and they learn that drinking and fighting is the norm, and create violent criminals.
If alcohol were only outlawed there, you would all be safe. And the children would be safe as well.

Sounds just as stupid when applied to other things in life, to other countries.

Yes banning alcohol would be dumb as would banning guns in the USA.
But banning guns here in the UK has been effective due to OUR culture. As I said diffrent country diffrent ways or cant your simple red neck brain comprehend that?

It like the banning of alcohol in saudi arabia. It works for them but would not work for the USA or the UK.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

All I read was your constant use of the term redneck towards me, in a derogatory manner.

After that, it was basically "blah blah blah I am mad because I have nothing left to retort with".

Thanks for playing.

Please, for your own safety, stay in your home country and hold tight to your crossbow.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

All I read was your constant use of the term redneck towards me, in a derogatory manner.

After that, it was basically "blah blah blah I am mad because I have nothing left to retort with".

Thanks for playing.

Please, for your own safety, stay in your home country and hold tight to your crossbow.

aww you given up guess you cant wrap your brain round the concept of a world outside the USA with diffrent ways and customs.

"I have nothing left to retort with"
Well I posted a huge section refuting your points. I dont see how any of the are invalid.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

aww you given up guess you cant wrap your brain round the concept of a world outside the USA with diffrent ways and customs.

Giving up??
Nah, just pointing out that you can't retort without using derogatory terms. You know, when a Mod comes in to review it and all, since calling names just happens to be against the rules here.

Well I posted a huge section refuting your points. I dont see how any of the are invalid.

Nothing was deemed as valid.

Let's sum this up.
You see the printable firearm as an evil thing, because you and others I guess have no restraint or maturity in the technology. So, because you and others can't control it now, are therefore afraid of your fellow citizens having a firearm in their possession. And because it was an American that did this, it is evil Americas fault. You won't look at the person, within your safety netted country as the issue, oh no. That can't be the person. It is the evil gun or printer or designer.

I, could care less what happens inside your country. You and your fellow citizens are treated like children, and you are fine with that. Well, okay then. Have fun with that.

There you go. Retort given, summarization stated and back on topic.

For America, the 3D printed Pistol is great.
For other countries, I guess this applies to you

edit on 9-5-2013 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Giving up??
Nah, just pointing out that you can't retort without using derogatory terms. You know, when a Mod comes in to review it and all, since calling names just happens to be against the rules here.

Nothing was deemed as valid.

Let's sum this up.
You see the printable firearm as an evil thing, because you and others I guess have no restraint or maturity in the technology. So, because you and others can't control it now, are therefore afraid of your fellow citizens having a firearm in their possession. And because it was an American that did this, it is evil Americas fault. You won't look at the person, within your safety netted country as the issue, oh no. That can't be the person. It is the evil gun or printer or designer.

I, could care less what happens inside your country. You and your fellow citizens are treated like children, and you are fine with that. Well, okay then. Have fun with that.

There you go. Retort given, summarization stated and back on topic.

For America, the 3D printed Pistol is great.
For other countries, I guess this applies to you

edit on 9-5-2013 by macman because: (no reason given)

You want to know why I called you degratory names??? Maybe because you refer to all countrys out side the USA in a degroatory way. For example you call us opressive and tyranical while ignoreing your own nations fault (yes we may be oppressive to you but you are opressive to us just in a differnt way). You can seem to accept or repsect that other countrys have diffrent ways and views especialy when it comes to firearms.

You knock off the foreign country bashing I will knock off the redneck bashing ok? Ceasefire?

As for the topic. Fine let the USA have prinatble guns. It not my country that has a high muder rate. If it makes you happy fine. Im just concerned the printable guns will come over here and make my country a unsafe place. So its a case of how to allow 3D printer without letting the guns in.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Oppressive in the same boat as calling someone a redneck???

Not even in the same ocean.

But, you go ahead with your bad self.

Have fun with that.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Oppressive in the same boat as calling someone a redneck???

Not even in the same ocean.

But, you go ahead with your bad self.

Have fun with that.

It is when you use to to belittle other people country while implying yours isnt.
Anyway you called yourself a redneck.

Im willing to call a ceasefire if you are.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

It is belittling only if you think it is. Which you do, so it must have struck a nerve.

And you stated the redneck thing, I stated I was. That still doesn't take away the fact that you are name calling, because that is all you have left.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

It is belittling only if you think it is. Which you do, so it must have struck a nerve.

And you stated the redneck thing, I stated I was. That still doesn't take away the fact that you are name calling, because that is all you have left.

Yes I was wrong on the name calling but I just get fed up of arrogant Americans claiming there country is so called more "free" and speaking down to us when they have just as many problems as most of Europe just in different ways.

And no I have lots left, Ask any question relating too this topic and I will answer it. But because you are so Pro Gun in wont matter what I say as you will just dismiss anything I say as Irrelevant or invalid. You haven't pointed out why my points are invalid. Let list them shall we?

1) America has its own culture what works for the USA wont nessarly work for the rest of the world and vis versa.

2) America is no more free than most western worlds. You have detention without trial, Warrantees searches and the taking and storage of innocent peoples biometrics. UK has none of that but a higher rate of surveillance cameras and stricter gun laws. You have a constitution (which you politician ignore anyway) we have a complex legal system that has helped stopped abuses of power . So give or take really. None really better than the other.

3) This is a international forum so any topic can be answered by anyone from any country. Freedom of speech and all that. (it not just the USA that has it)

4) what good for America is not nessarly good for the rest of the world.

5) Gun control has resualted in a lower rate of muders and serious violent crime in the UK.

6) In the UK we dont need guns (not to say the USA does not) and not haveing guns makes us less safe.

7) Gun are not protecting the USA Constitution as your politicians both democrate and repulican are ignoreing it and no one seems to be stoping them

So why are these points invalid? Explain and in detail.

edit on 10-5-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Yes I was wrong on the name calling but I just get fed up of arrogant Americans claiming there country is so called more "free" and speaking down to us when they have just as many problems as most of Europe just in different ways.

No one spoke down to you. You took it that way. Not my problem.
But, let me be clear again, I could care less what happens in your country or any other country. Your place, your problem.

And no I have lots left, Ask any question relating too this topic and I will answer it. But because you are so Pro Gun in wont matter what I say as you will just dismiss anything I say as Irrelevant or invalid. You haven't pointed out why my points are invalid. Let list them shall we?

I am pro rights. I have the right to be armed and own guns. Nothing more needs to be discussed or debated.
You are not. Good for you. Have fun with that.

1) America has its own culture what works for the USA wont nessarly work for the rest of the world and vis versa.

And where, oh where did I say it needs to be that way for anyone else?
I will wait for my statement, reflecting this.

2) America is no more free than most western worlds. You have detention without trial, Warrantees searches and the taking and storage of innocent peoples biometrics. UK has none of that but a higher rate of surveillance cameras and stricter gun laws. You have a constitution (which you politician ignore anyway) we have a complex legal system that has helped stopped abuses of power . So give or take really. None really better than the other.

We have a guaranteed right to bear arms. That is the secondary topic, spanned off the 3D printer pistol. Try to keep up.

3) This is a international forum so any topic can be answered by anyone from any country. Freedom of speech and all that. (it not just the USA that has it)

Yeah, that is nice. And that means what? That your uninformed comments, on issues within a Country you don't reside somehow carry weight?

Please, go back and read #1.

5) Gun control has resualted in a lower rate of muders and serious violent crime in the UK.

No, violent crime is up. I guess violent crime is not serious?? Okay then. Place your rose colored glasses back on your face.

6) In the UK we dont need guns (not to say the USA does not) and not haveing guns makes us less safe.

Please, go back and re-read #1, again.

7) Gun are not protecting the USA Constitution as your politicians both democrate and repulican are ignoreing it and no one seems to be stoping them

Says the non-US citizen from across an ocean with no real world insight into how we operate.

So why are these points invalid? Explain and in detail.

I just did

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

No one spoke down to you. You took it that way. Not my problem.

Well you can have a apoligy for mis understanding.

I am pro rights. I have the right to be armed and own guns. Nothing more needs to be discussed or debated.
You are not. Good for you. Have fun with that.

And you have a right to to that. Good for you too.

And where, oh where did I say it needs to be that way for anyone else?
I will wait for my statement, reflecting this.

By the fact you have called were I live and other places with gun laws opressive.

We have a guaranteed right to bear arms. That is the secondary topic, spanned off the 3D printer pistol. Try to keep up.

And I have a garenteed right to a trial and that any policeman that wants to search my home or take my DNA,Fingerprints and retna scans needs a warrent. To be honnest I would rather have those rights but that just me.

Yeah, that is nice. And that means what? That your uninformed comments, on issues within a Country you don't reside somehow carry weight?

No more than your do on this website. Freedom of speach rules.

Then why are you so quick to reply? Surely be best just to ignore me if you dont care what a foreigner thinks?

No, violent crime is up. I guess violent crime is not serious?? Okay then. Place your rose colored glasses back on your face.

You cant use violent crime in general and relate it to guns. You need to break it down. Guns will only affect serious violent crime such as murders,rapes and armed robberys ect The fact drunken fights and common assualts are up means nothing pro or anti gun as gun would not stop or cause a increase in those areas. You have to break the stats down. What causes a rise or fall in one area could be diffrent to another. Fact is in the UK stricter gun laws reduced murder rates. It wont reduce common assulats and drunken fights cause that a diffrent issue.

Anyway thought you didnt care about other countrys?

Please, go back and re-read #1, again.

So why even bother replying?

Says the non-US citizen from across an ocean with no real world insight into how we operate.

I take a intrest in researching and learning about other countrys and have travelled to the US. No im not a expert but I can see you politician are going against the ideas your founding fathers set up.

I just did

Not really.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

By the fact you have called were I live and other places with gun laws opressive.

It is oppressive, by definition. You are not allowed to have certain things, because your Govt deems it as such.

And I have a garenteed right to a trial and that any policeman that wants to search my home or take my DNA,Fingerprints and retna scans needs a warrent. To be honnest I would rather have those rights but that just me.

So do we.
You are trying to bring the Patriot Act into this argument. That is nice and all, but it doesn't apply to most of the US population.

No more than your do on this website. Freedom of speach rules.

When speaking of the Country I reside in, the person with real world working knowledge tends to have a better understanding of how things operate.
And freedom of speech means what again? I guess the freedom to talk while uninformed. Oh well.

Then why are you so quick to reply? Surely be best just to ignore me if you dont care what a foreigner thinks?

Oh, the old internet debating tactic of if you don't care, then why reply.

Your opinion is nice and all, holds no weight on anything, but is incorrect for the US.
Your opinion is valid for your home country. Enjoy it.

You cant use violent crime in general and relate it to guns. You need to break it down. Guns will only affect serious violent crime such as murders,rapes and armed robberys ect The fact drunken fights and common assualts are up means nothing pro or anti gun as gun would not stop or cause a increase in those areas. You have to break the stats down. What causes a rise or fall in one area could be diffrent to another. Fact is in the UK stricter gun laws reduced murder rates. It wont reduce common assulats and drunken fights cause that a diffrent issue.

Yeah, no need to break it down.
If violent crime happens in the US, many criminals are stopped by an armed person.
The fall in crime here in the states runs parallel with firearm ownership increasing.

What and how it happens for you, again, I could care less. But, if you use your country as a shinning example, then you are either ignorant or lying.

Anyway thought you didnt care about other countrys?

I don't. But if used as an example, you have better have your crap straight.

So why even bother replying?

I enjoy showing people that they are wrong.

I take a intrest in researching and learning about other countrys and have travelled to the US. No im not a expert but I can see you politician are going against the ideas your founding fathers set up.

No, you see what your Govt run Media shows you. Or the US media outlet, that has their head so far up the butt of the Govt, they pitch the same crap.
Wars and battles have been lost because of how you are reading into things, with no real world experience or intelligence.

I just did

Not really.

Oh, believe it.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

It is oppressive, by definition. You are not allowed to have certain things, because your Govt deems it as such.

You cant own explosives and high powerd fireworks in the US without certain requirments. I can buy almost what ever fireworks I want. So again it works both ways.Your countrys bans some stuff my country bans some stuff.

You are trying to bring the Patriot Act into this argument. That is nice and all, but it doesn't apply to most of the US population.

It still happens and If I was a American I would be pretty concerned and worried as this flys againt your countrys ideals. I dont have to be a American to see that.

When speaking of the Country I reside in, the person with real world working knowledge tends to have a better understanding of how things operate.
And freedom of speech means what again? I guess the freedom to talk while uninformed. Oh well.

Freendom for us to have whatever opinion we want.

Your opinion is nice and all, holds no weight on anything, but is incorrect for the US.
Your opinion is valid for your home country. Enjoy it.

And your opinion holds no weight on my country. Still its nice to hear other opinions....as long as they are respectful.

Yeah, no need to break it down.

Well yes there is. Diffrent causes for diffrent forms of crimes.

If violent crime happens in the US, many criminals are stopped by an armed person.

So drunks that start fighting end it by shoting each other? Commons assault stoped by blowing someones head off? Yeah summary execution seems abit excessive.

Defence from murder, rape or home burglary is were deadly force should happen.

The fall in crime here in the states runs parallel with firearm ownership increasing.

Otherway here but diffrent country diffrent ways. Instresting too know though thanks for pointing out. It intresting how mankind can differ.

But, if you use your country as a shinning example, then you are either ignorant or lying.

lol my country is not a shinning example lol But its no better or worse than USA both have BIG issues both have crap that stinks present and in the past. I would say a shinning example is switzerland but thats just my opinion!

I don't. But if used as an example, you have better have your crap straight.

Nope my country is not a example on how the USA should be. As I have stated numerous times diffrent culture diffrent ways. My point is neither is any better or worse just diffrent.

I enjoy showing people that they are wrong.

So do I so this could go on a long long time.......

No, you see what your Govt run Media shows you. Or the US media outlet, that has their head so far up the butt of the Govt, they pitch the same crap.
Wars and battles have been lost because of how you are reading into things, with no real world experience

Nope I study hsitory and dig through lots of sources. I pay little attention to main stream media. Why do you think Im on this site?

or intelligence.

Lets not let this get personal again.

Oh, believe it.

Nope but then neither are you wrong. I think we just have got our wires crossed.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

You cant own explosives and high powerd fireworks in the US without certain requirments. I can buy almost what ever fireworks I want. So again it works both ways.Your countrys bans some stuff my country bans some stuff.

There is no guaranteed right to own those items. There is the 2nd Amendment that addresses firearms very clearly.

It still happens and If I was a American I would be pretty concerned and worried as this flys againt your countrys ideals. I dont have to be a American to see that.

Oh, I agree. The Patriot act is complete Unconstitutional garbage.

Freendom for us to have whatever opinion we want.

Yes, regardless how wrong or incorrect you are. You are right.

And your opinion holds no weight on my country. Still its nice to hear other opinions....as long as they are respectful.

Nope, not from me. I don't play that crap. Your country, your problem, your choice.

Well yes there is. Diffrent causes for diffrent forms of crimes.

*sigh* sure sure.

So drunks that start fighting end it by shoting each other? Commons assault stoped by blowing someones head off? Yeah summary execution seems abit excessive.
Defence from murder, rape or home burglary is were deadly force should happen.

I don't drink. So it doesn't apply to me.
Some how, regardless if both are drunk, a punch is thrown first. If you don't want to be shot, then don't throw punches.
Any fight can turn into manslaughter.

Otherway here but diffrent country diffrent ways. Instresting too know though thanks for pointing out. It intresting how mankind can differ.

When your Govt banned Firearms, or most. Crime dropped briefly, then went up. And the reason for that is???????

lol my country is not a shinning example lol But its no better or worse than USA both have BIG issues both have crap that stinks present and in the past. I would say a shinning example is switzerland but thats just my opinion!

Yeah, okay then. Sure sure.

Nope my country is not a example on how the USA should be. As I have stated numerous times diffrent culture diffrent ways. My point is neither is any better or worse just diffrent.

Okay then. So dictating how the US should operate is an invalid statement.

So do I so this could go on a long long time.......

Fine by me. Although, my time in the next 90 days will be cut short, as I am opening a business...Manufacturing firearms.

Nope I study hsitory and dig through lots of sources. I pay little attention to main stream media. Why do you think Im on this site?

You sure seem to by into what is pitched.

Lets not let this get personal again.

Either way, doesn't bother me.

Nope but then neither are you wrong. I think we just have got our wires crossed.

Okay.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

There is no guaranteed right to own those items. There is the 2nd Amendment that addresses firearms very clearly.

Written law or the constitution at the end of the day its all words on a peice of paper. Dont say the constitution is wriiten in stone either cause it has been changed. What makes something a "right" in a democracy comes down to how much the public support that right. If no one is willing to stand up them the politican will change or just out right ignore it.

Oh, I agree. The Patriot act is complete Unconstitutional garbage.

We agree on something.

Nope, not from me. I don't play that crap. Your country, your problem, your choice.

Then why are we talking if you dont care?

*sigh* sure sure.

Well yeah. Saying Guns are the sole cause or prevention of crime is a stupid as saying booze or drugs is the sole cause of crime there are so many diffrent factors.

I don't drink. So it doesn't apply to me.

Your not missing much. But its a big problem in the UK. You cant ban it like you cant ban guns in the USA as it just drives it underground.

Some how, regardless if both are drunk, a punch is thrown first. If you don't want to be shot, then don't throw punches.

Guess its just a diffrent way of thinking over here. Not to say your wrong. But if someone throws a punch you either take it or throw one back.

When your Govt banned Firearms, or most. Crime dropped briefly, then went up. And the reason for that is???????

Our murder rate is down and so are serious wounds . Other crimes are up due to to other reasons be it drink or drugs or the high unemployment rate.

Yeah, okay then. Sure sure.

Glade we agree again. We are just diffrent countrys with diffrent flaws and good points.

So dictating how the US should operate is an invalid statement.

Nope not dictateing. what you do in your own country you own problem. My only concern is when the actions or a person in one country affect people in other countrys. But then there isnt a effective solution to that problem.

Fine by me. Although, my time in the next 90 days will be cut short, as I am opening a business...Manufacturing firearms.

And best wishes then Im starting my own business up too in home engery research

I have no problem with what you do as long as you dont start illegaly shipping guns over here. Though are you doing hunting rifles? cause im planning to get one. Also what would you suggest for red deer? Also what would be a reasonble price? Just to buy in UK really expensive but I can import one once I get my lience.

You sure seem to by into what is pitched.

Think we just got our wires crossed.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Written law or the constitution at the end of the day its all words on a peice of paper. Dont say the constitution is wriiten in stone either cause it has been changed. What makes something a "right" in a democracy comes down to how much the public support that right. If no one is willing to stand up them the politican will change or just out right ignore it.

I agree. The politicians and Govt have become so far out of control, it isn't funny.
As for the Constitution being written in stone? I never said that. It can be changed, but it needs to be done the correct way.

We agree on something.

Good to hear.

Then why are we talking if you dont care?

Still going to point out when people are wrong.

Well yeah. Saying Guns are the sole cause or prevention of crime is a stupid as saying booze or drugs is the sole cause of crime there are so many diffrent factors.

Well, I think you have come around then. Only a slave is disarmed.

Your not missing much. But its a big problem in the UK. You cant ban it like you cant ban guns in the USA as it just drives it underground.

I agree. People should be able to make their own decision. If someone wants to smoke crack, go ahead. Not my problem, until it becomes my problem. When it directly affects me in a negative manner, like pick my pocket or break my leg, then I have the right to take action.

Guess its just a diffrent way of thinking over here. Not to say your wrong. But if someone throws a punch you either take it or throw one back.

Look, I grew up picking fights with Bouncers on OSU campus. I enjoy fighting. But, now that I have a family, that depends on me, if I fight, I run the risk of getting hurt and not being able to function to support them. If someone wants to fight, my first reaction is to avoid the fight. But if it is pressed, I have no problem protecting myself with a firearm. Doom on the person that challenges me.

Our murder rate is down and so are serious wounds . Other crimes are up due to to other reasons be it drink or drugs or the high unemployment rate.

If, like here, citizens were able arm themselves, I think many criminals would rethink attacking someone. I know that they do here.

Glade we agree again. We are just diffrent countrys with diffrent flaws and good points.

I get that, hence why I never attack someone else's country or their laws. I have no clue what is best for the people in the UK.

Nope not dictateing. what you do in your own country you own problem. My only concern is when the actions or a person in one country affect people in other countrys. But then there isnt a effective solution to that problem.

Oh come on. Blaming another country, in this case the US for the printable pistol, is pretty juvenile. Just because it is out there, doesn't mean others have to partake.

And best wishes then Im starting my own business up too in home engery research

Very cool.

I have no problem with what you do as long as you dont start illegaly shipping guns over here.

Nope, not going to happen. We will sell, within the confines of the US laws.

Though are you doing hunting rifles?

Nope. HK Clones.

cause im planning to get one. Also what would you suggest for red deer? Also what would be a reasonble price? Just to buy in UK really expensive but I can import one once I get my lience.

For deer? I would say anything in the .223, 308 or 30-06. Don't use FMJ ammo, as it will over penetrate the animal and likely just go straight through. Use a hunting round or a hollowpoint or some kind of hollowpoint jacketed round. When it strikes the animal, it will expand like a mushroom and drop the animal.

Think we just got our wires crossed.

I hope so.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

If, like here, citizens were able arm themselves, I think many criminals would rethink attacking someone. I know that they do here.

But the murder rate will go up. Im not talking legit self defence but people getting angry and cause they have a gun on hand useing it in haste. Coupled with our drink problem adding guns to the mix would couse havoc.
I think the UK mindset is we would rather have slightly lower serious violent crime but in exchange have slightly higher minor crime. Im not going to say if that right or wrong but just the way we prefer things.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Actually you are wrong on that, if you are arrested for ANYTHING at all in the UK you automatically have to give a DNA sample. If you refuse you end up being forced to the floor and one taken forcefully, the police in the UK are allowed by law to do this.

So if (in my friends case) you end up being released without charge (ie no action taken, no conviction etc) you're record of arrest is stored forever via the dna sample.

Not even the USA does this (the DNA forced sample).

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

But the murder rate will go up. Im not talking legit self defence but people getting angry and cause they have a gun on hand useing it in haste. Coupled with our drink problem adding guns to the mix would couse havoc.
I think the UK mindset is we would rather have slightly lower serious violent crime but in exchange have slightly higher minor crime. Im not going to say if that right or wrong but just the way we prefer things.

Up until about 1913 carrying a gun concealed in UK cities was entirely normal, indeed there were adverts in the newspapers about this etc. 100 years later we're at the opposite end of the spectrum.

After two world wars and various social ills it has been bred into people up until now to be a victim of crime.

So what can be done over the next ten to twenty years is incrementally re-arm the populace just like they've been incrementally disarmed.

Start with non-lethal devices, then work your way up to the more decisive stuff. It takes about twenty years to change a generation slightly so within about 2 or 3 generations we'll be back to what is a comfortable level. Perhaps not as even-keeled as the US but somewhere up there.

The government is very much overdue for a paradigm shift back to individual responsibility and a libertarian re-alignment anyway. The USA could lead this but right now home-grown outfits like UKIP are making the start of what will hopefully come.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join