It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official: US Special Forces [team wasn't] allowed to fly to Benghazi during attack

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Oh no, it's just a protest gone bad, nothing to see here.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Interesting. I think you raise a good point about the actions and cover ups of past presidents, but it is my opinion that times have changed too much for this to happen today. It is moreso that the government has changed, to the point that the media will usually not pursue something that could potentially be damaging to certain politicians. And not only the media, but the government itself has a much better system for protecting politicians who are in the loop with cases like this. I think that if outside pressure becomes too great, those involved would sooner throw someone under the bus, so to speak, as opposed to allowing a vast conspiracy to be unearthed.

What you mentioned about these previous presidents is true. Look at what happened to Clinton as well. That is when things changed, when Clinton left office and Bush took his place. Look at what Bush personally did, along with his administration. He was not prosecuted for the very reason I mentioned, which is that government secrecy has advanced today, and is a direct enemy of democracy. It is just hard to believe that so many people were out for Clinton after what he did, compared to the few who were after Bush after it was proven he lied to the nation and to the UN. So I do not know what will come of this, but I can guarantee everyone one simple thing...It will not be found that some high ranking official was behind this. Even if they were. It will not be allowed to go that far. Look at what happened with the Fast and Furious scandal. Nothing.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
From what I've been able to piece together from reports that can out before and after the event, is that the ambassador had uncovered/discovered something odd that was going on in Libya. There were a few reports that stated he had requested additional security because he believed he was going to be assassinated for what he had discovered and that there was a hit on his head. He even wrote parts of it in his dairy that he feared he was about to be killed because someone wanted him out of the picture.

With that in mind and the fact that all these other things had occurred such as the reports that there were no protests or not allowing rescue teams to come in and help; makes it seem like someone here in the US wanted him dead.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Why? I mean, really. Why?

Regardless of political affiliation, why would you want Americans to die?

What purpose did it serve?

What political gain, political capital was earned from this?

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Very good question Beez...what was there to gain by this? If the govt had saved Stevens Obama would have been a hero....remember, Stevens was likely part of the cover up of fast and furious gun running. They sacrificed him to shut him up and blamed the attack on that video. Hillary is just as Marxist as anyone in this admin. They all are aiding and abeting the growth of the Muslim Brotherhood, just like the Carter admin did.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I found this to add to the discussion. It doesn't bring new facts, but it brings a perspective from a Special Forces veteran. An American. One of those people The President and Secretary of State are supposed to be acting in the name of, yet seem to have betrayed that night in Libya and for the months prior to it (See documents linked by myself earlier in this thread for details on that).

This, from a retired Sergeant Major. If he's not for real and such a man by this name wasn't 5th Special Forces, with that rank, I'd imagine folks in this very thread could find that out quickly enough. That's about the top of the Enlisted ranks, so, not exactly a million of them floating around out there, I'd guess.

A few words about Benghazi by a Sergeant Major, 5th Special Forces, Ret.

For what it's worth, I know as fact that sentiment is not unique. It's become common beyond what many would like to admit.
edit on 7-5-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
This information was available on MSM only days after the incident. It is well known they asked for back up but the higher ups didn't send. Question is why

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Looks like CNN Attacked McCain for not supporting the Prez. Who would have guessed that

McCain is surely a globalist, but that report from CNN is purely partisan. CNN has been in the tank for Obama since the 08 election, and they will defend all his actions or non-actions like the good puppy press they are. Even more suspicious than McCain skipping a briefing by Obama puppets, was the peculiar behavior of Petraeus and his affair. Petraeus is who was truly kept from giving testimony. Where is your expose on that?
edit on 7-5-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Still stuck in Benghazi huh?

People still talk about Watergate and the Blue Dress....

If you've got a minute, I'd like to talk about the Iran Hostage Crisis...

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I completely agree--this seems much bigger than Watergate. Where are the modern day Woodward and Bernsteins?

We could use a few real reporters that actually have a spine--too many Christiane Amanpours out there pushing Obama propaganda.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
reply to post by Golf66

So in your professional opinion have you ever thought better to beg forgiveness than ask permission? I'm not talking "Tears Of the Sun" here ain't an ambassador considered a national asset thus priory op to save their persons?

Sure, then again this coming from a guy who never even wanted to go past the direct troop leader level. I intentionally planned my career to ensure I was never in the political "leadership" ranks. I made SFC as an enlisted guy then switched to the officer corps and didn't stay past Major.

I personally, have taken lot's of chances in my career. I never had to make an international incident type inducing decision though. Sure, I have crossed international borders without approval once or twice but only in a deniable operation.

Those two SEALS did what I think any SF Team Leader/Sergeant would have made on the ground - go get the guy out who cares what the brass say. The career of a Captain or Major (or some E8) will withstand the scrutenty of such a decision.

However, when you start talking LTC's and above all involved in the decision making process things get more political and less practical on a rhicter like scale a Colonel/Captain (O6) is about double the level of politcs as a LTC.

Once you hit the Flag Officer level it's nothing but politics. I have met some good Flag Officers but I have never met one who would disregard national command authority.

I'll clarify a little - for most of them I don't think that they fear for their careers too much - they are set benifits and future prospects wise. I also don't think most are true narcassists - though there are a few.

I don't think they are worried about the money or the prestige or even the shame - especially if they think they are taking a moral stand.

Being genuine good leaders of men they all have long coat tails of officers they have brought along with them through the ranks. They all have thier little empires and mini-me's.

They know that if they are black listed for a mistake of that magnitude it will affect every career of the officers junior to them that they have personally championed.

Such an incident would call into question all of those officer's actions as well.

Not fair but life is not fair...

SF it pretty apolitical at some levels but at others its the same as the rest of the government services.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
This is pathetic, in that republicans are making a big deal about benghazi and allowing operation fast and furious to get buried. They are also allowing arab spring to go unnotticed. Is this all the "opposition" that republicans can muster?

I already knew both parties worked for the same boss and this helps me make a stronger case for that.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
No one died during Watergate and yet Nixon got "axed".....Benghazi could be Obama's Watergate and lead to Impeachment proceedings.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

It might serve you well to read the whole article? Not just the excerpt the parts that serve your theme?

Your Headline: Official: US Special Forces weren't allowed to fly to Benghazi during attack

The Article Headline: Official: US Special Forces team wasn't allowed to fly to Benghazi during attack.

What's the difference you ask?

Well...2 Special forces teams WERE flown to Benghazi.

The team that was told to stay put was assigned to the Tripoli Embassy...and It would seem a good idea to secure the OTHER embassy in Libya, rather than abandon it and it's personnel.

U.S. military officials confirmed late Monday that a four-man Special Operations Forces team was denied permission to leave the US Embassy in Tripoli following reports that the consulate in Benghazi had been attacked.

They also noted that the situation at Benghazi remained unclear and there were concerns the Embassy in Tripoli also could become a target.

[lastly...these revelations are not new...only useful political exploitation]

These issues have been addressed and reviewed in great detail by the Accountability Review Board,” State Department spokesman Patrick Ventrell said at a briefing. “There were eight hearings, 30 briefings, 25,000 documents. The ARB interviewed over 100 witnesses.”

The Special Forces soldiers would have been the second group of U.S. government personnel to travel to Benghazi. Earlier, six Americans flew from Tripoli to Benghazi to attempt to aid the embattled personnel at the diplomatic mission.

the team that was denied permission to fly to Benghazi consisted of just four Special Operations soldiers and that the flight did not arrive in time for their presence to have had an impact in the fighting.

The only U.S. defenders who arrived in time to battle the insurgents was a small group of men who chartered a plane in Tripoli after the initial assault on the Benghazi consulate and arrived in Benghazi by 1:30 a.m. on Sept. 12, in time to help set up a defense at the diplomatic annex.

A Libyan C-130 transport plane that would’ve carried the second group of U.S. Special Forces operatives from Tripoli to Benghazi ultimately left Tripoli for Benghazi between 6 and 6:30 a.m., after Doherty and Woods were dead.

Two separate U.S. Special Forces teams from elsewhere in Europe were ultimately authorized to respond to the attacks, but did not arrive at staging bases until the evening of Sept. 12, more than 12 hours after the fighting had ended.

edit on 7-5-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-5-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Why? I mean, really. Why?

Regardless of political affiliation, why would you want Americans to die?

What purpose did it serve?

What political gain, political capital was earned from this?

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Well it does serve to make the locals look bad.....'Evil Muslims' killed poor innocent Americans etc. etc.

This in turn can then be used as a justification for imprecisely dropping very expensive precision munitions all over the Muslim world.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
No one died during Watergate and yet Nixon got "axed".....Benghazi could be Obama's Watergate and lead to Impeachment proceedings.

Hmmm. Well Nixon broke the law and lied about it...

Behngazi was a an attack by extremists?

Unclear on the analogy?

If facts don't matter and only death toll...then we have some accounting to do with the GOP Administration that was in power during 9-11???

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastStarfighter
This information was available on MSM only days after the incident. It is well known they asked for back up but the higher ups didn't send. Question is why

Cuz Spec Ops was already on it's way and this was four guys with only 9mm sidearms and they were assigned to the Tripoli Embassy??? Which very well could have been the next target.

Any other questions? Or are they not as fun when you have an answer?

Squeezing blood out of murdered Americans for political BS purposes never gets old to some politicians.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

IF they are going to impeach obama then they might as well go after him about operation fast and furious and/or violating the second amendment by trying to pass the unreasonable second "assualt weapons" ban that thank god failed.

Otherwise they LOOK LAME as hell!

edit on 7/5/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
All political bias aside. This is a far bigger scandal then the Main Stream Media has reported it to be. People need to be held accountable for conscious action and inaction that cost American lives. What happened in Benghazi was governmental terrorism, people need to be prosecuted and sentenced to jail time.

I fear if that doesn't happen, American dissent is only going to increase exponentially as people already view the government as lawless and taking a position of being above the law. Why should the population follow law if our own government has such little regard for it?

My opinion anyway.

no it isn't...why?....well actual testimony by the military says they couldn't get there in time. same thing that was known during the fall of 2012 hearings. only republicans want it to be a bigger scandal....so, they keep repeating it over and over.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

IF they are going to impeach obama then they might as well go after him about operation fast and furious and/or violating the second amendment by trying to pass the unreasonable second "assualt weapons" ban that thank god failed.

Otherwise they LOOK LAME as hell!

edit on 7/5/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

this is just another case of republicans filling up another porta-potty, ok, after wiping... what's next...oh yeah debt ceiling!...republicans will refuse to pay Americas bills....can't wait for them to screw up our debt rating more, and cost taxpayers more money in interest payments,...hey...better than that money going to some stupid poor people for food stamps, right?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
More Obama administration transparancy in action.Meaning we may never know those answers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join