It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court Justice: "The elites had to approve of Obama."

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I tried searching for a thread on this, and surprisingly couldn't find one.

In an interview with Clarence Thomas, he basically admits to the behind the scenes control of American politics.

Asked if he ever expected to see an African American president in his lifetime, the conservative justice said he always knew "it would have to be a black president who was approved by the elites and the media, because anybody that they didn't agree with, they would take apart."

Source

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
That’s the way that has been in what we call politics todays in this nation, nothing but corruption, manufactured candidates for the only purpose but to follow and obey those that runs the nation behind closed doors.

Now you know why the rich get richer the poor never gets out of poverty and the working class gets screw all the time.

People think they elect the president and the politicraps in the nation, this candidates are pre choose screen and the sold to the American public like the peoples choices.

And the population will believe anything.

"You can pick anybody, don't pick me, pick anyone who has decided not to go along with it; there's a price to pay," he continued. "So, I always assumed it would be somebody the media had to agree with."

He is right.

edit on 6-5-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
He's right.

Look, everyone was tired of Bush and the lies of both parties. people were waking up to the fact that politicians do not represent us.

I live in a mixed community (I wouldnt live anywhere else-) and I saw almost every Black and Minority get behind Obama even though they were fed up with democrats. THIS is the new "wedge issue"

I think we will see a Woman president and a gay president very soon. The "Wedge" issue is being morphed into a wedge politician- Its a defense mechanism for both support and to avert criticism.

-Frankly it is a brilliant strategy.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DarKPenguiN

I agree, why? because we are starting to see a trend that now those that runs the nation and choosing candidates to keep the population ignorant about how the nations is run, bring odd candidates, like nothing seen before, minorities including women, people of any race, then bring the gender issue candidates, then the religious one, this keeps the people debating, fighting with each other and this will buy time for the crocks running the nation nation for doing what they are good at, screwing the nation more.

No, administration for the last 40 decades has done anything for the benefit of the nations citizens, but people do not see that.

The Goldman Sach and Wall Street are in charge.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi7

Asked if he ever expected to see an African American president in his lifetime, the conservative justice said he always knew "it would have to be a black president who was approved by the elites and the media, because anybody that they didn't agree with, they would take apart."

If we accept this as holding its own in the court of reality, then we must also almost immediately assume that candidates like Ron Paul and others who don't fly by the official wire, will never be allowed to be elected president. And because we still apply the archaic system of the electoral college over popular vote, the chances of anyone getting into the Whitehouse that does not meet official approval, is slimmed even further.

Someone in another thread here was asking how we stop this imperial presidency. The answer was and is... that you don't because you can't. First of all, we had a chance last November and the nation either voted very foolishly or... the digital age simply ran slap over our asses and put someone into power; its own will over ours.

Now here we are a few months into the second reign of Obama the First and, well... our nation and its constitution are on the chopping block.

You either got what you voted for or... you got a spot on that block anyway, lol.

edit on 6-5-2013 by redoubt because: edit typo

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Of course they did. What better time to do so! They would have never thought twice about, if they couldn't pull the strings behind the scenes. Or if that the approval couldn't fit their overall plans.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

It is pretty brilliant, and i've seen it work. I can't count how many times i've criticized Obama and been called a racist, even though my comments were strictly about his policies and had absolutely nothing to do with race.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi7

comment removed due to misunderstanding
edit on 7-5-2013 by TheMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I think you guys are reading more into this than what he said. As much as I believe in conspiracies, notice that he said "elites and media", it sounds like he is just talking about educated (liberal) voters to me, republicans tend to demonize all reporters and democratic voters who aren't union laborers as "elites".

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

This is something that most of us already know but its still surprising to hear it talked about openly by people in positions of power.

You guys have seen the family trees, they're all related on some level, Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Obama etc.

Some on ATS have said that with x degrees of separation, we could find links between almost anyone. I can say without a doubt, that no one in my family is related to any of these people.

A 12 year old girl has discovered that EVERY U.S. President was related to John Lackland, the King of England who singed the Magna Carta, which is said to have inspired the US Constitution.

Ironic that the document which served as the foundation of freedom was signed by the same elitist whose progeny has ruled America from the beginning...

edit on 7-5-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
Now a 12 year old girl has discovered that EVERY U.S. President was related to John Lackland, the King of Englad who singed the Magna Carta, which is said to have inspired the US Constitution.

Guess what, if you did the same for the senate or congress you would get close to the same result, if you did the same for every judge or public servant also you would get the same result.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
The likes of Bush, Blair, Obama, Cameron and a lot of past "leaders" are selected not by the people but by the big money elites and are groomed for office over a long period.
It gives the illusion of "democracy" but is still an illusion, as the leaders of both main parties are similarly chosen, and their high level staffers appointed in a similar fashion, not for their brilliance or determination to serve the people, but for their subservience to the "leader" and those who put him in power.

The idea that any ordinary person could ever run for national office is a joke, as those same money and corporate interests, including the media mafia, will do whatever it takes to tarnish them and twist everything they have ever said or done and if that fails just make stuff up and prey on peoples fears of the unknown. So, it's best that we stick with the lovable rogues we already know!

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

If it's a woman candidate, it has to be a Democrat, likely Hills...because the media will rip apart any conservative female candidate.
edit on 7-5-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

I noticed you qualified the word educated with "liberal".
I think it's pretty clear what Thomas meant....exactly what he said...that the Elites can use someone with black background because no one will want to criticize him, and anyone who does will be ripped apart by the media. Is that not exactly what happened... the media just called any criticism of Obama racist and thus Obama gets a pass on whatever he does. It doesn't matter if he goes warmongering....it's in the name of saving Libyans....it doesn't matter if he goes gunrunning...it doesn't matter if an ambassador gets ambushed....if he gets Bin ladin he is the hero.... he uses drones he is defending the US...he interrogates a US Citzen before Mirandizing him...it's all the Republicans fault....he signs NDAA....more defense of the US..

literally he can do anything a Republican might do and it's all in the name of saving people or defending us against terrorism. He can do anything a liberal would do and it's the same thing.
He can redistribute wealth and create a bigger Nanny State and nationalize entire segments of economy and it's all in the name of justice.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

If it's a woman candidate, it has to be a Democrat, likely Hills...because the media will rip apart any conservative female candidate.

Totally. I think we will see Hilary next unless someone gay and Black (or latino) comes along first.

-What could you possibly say against the policies of a gay, Black, Woman without proving that you are a homophobic, racist, woman hater? Your arguments are dead in the water.

Thats the brilliance. The wedge politician makes the policies "personal"- These are now "icons" (while they are the first especially) and people reside with them based on color [EDIT: gender and sexual orientation]- Attacking policies becomes "personal". valid criticism is more easily ignored and reflected.
edit on 7-5-2013 by DarKPenguiN because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi7

Doublespeak and NewSpeak.

That is all that matters to the sheeple.

Logic is extinct.

edit on 7-5-2013 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bodhi7
I tried searching for a thread on this, and surprisingly couldn't find one.

In an interview with Clarence Thomas, he basically admits to the behind the scenes control of American politics.

Source

Apparently it costs the rothschilds and rockerfellers 300 million dollars a year to buy the American government.

the rothschilds originally set aside 500 million a year for this, shows exactly how dumb the politicians really are and seeing the scum print the money in the first place it costs em sweet fa in the end.
edit on 8-5-2013 by jinni73 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bodhi7

It is pretty brilliant, and i've seen it work. I can't count how many times i've criticized Obama and been called a racist, even though my comments were strictly about his policies and had absolutely nothing to do with race.

What race is Obama?

He ain't black, because he has a White mama.

He ain't white, because he has a Black papa.

He has no race.

The first raceless president.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
That’s the way that has been in what we call politics todays in this nation, nothing but corruption, manufactured candidates for the only purpose but to follow and obey those that runs the nation behind closed doors.

Now you know why the rich get richer the poor never gets out of poverty and the working class gets screw all the time.

People think they elect the president and the politicraps in the nation, this candidates are pre choose screen and the sold to the American public like the peoples choices.

And the population will believe anything.

"You can pick anybody, don't pick me, pick anyone who has decided not to go along with it; there's a price to pay," he continued. "So, I always assumed it would be somebody the media had to agree with."

He is right.

edit on 6-5-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

You are correct in most of what you say but heres the thing.Big money only gets the ones they hand pick into the door.Unless they are there in every voting booth in every city in the United States on voting day twisting your arm,its STILL the peoples vote that makes the final decision.America picked Obama on both votes.Electoral vote and popular vote.Gotta deal with it.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Black man here, and I did vote Obama. I'm a registered independent, but have always voted democrat. My grandfather voted for Hilary in the primary because he thought Obama didn't stand a chance. Black people have a love hate relationship with America and I think because of that many of us felt like 'hey, you guys have had your chance, let's see what we can do.' And I use the phrase you guys in jest, I think we should be able to talk openly and honestly about our differences. I love talking to my white co-workers and hearing they're unfiltered opinions. Would love to engage in frank, respectful conversation about race issues.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join