It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sex Superbug Could Be 'Worse Than AIDS'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Slugworth

Yes, I must agree with you, but I do hope you pressed them to buy a helmet.

As the saying goes, the only regrets in life are the things we never did.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I actually heard about this last fall. This is very serious and this strain can cause death from septic shock (septicemia). The problem is with one particular strain of gonorrhea. It is resistant to all but one very strong antibiotic.

This strain is mutating so rapidly and becoming resistant to antibiotics so quickly, that the CDC peeps are worried that it will become resistant to that one last antibiotic, too.

Scary stuff. One more reason to be glad about being married!

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

has some analysts saying that the bacteria's effects could match those of AIDS.

Thats a strange statement as according to wiki , the effects of Gonorrhea are nothing like a collapsed immune system (AIDS).

In both men and women if gonorrhea is left untreated, it may spread locally causing epididymitis or pelvic inflammatory disease or throughout the body, affecting joints and heart valves.

I think that what is meant is that the mortality rate of this virulent form of antibiotic-resistant Gonorrhea could make it as deadly as AIDS/HIV was initially. Did you read the OP?:

"Getting gonorrhea from this strain might put someone into septic shock and death in a matter of days," Christianson said. "This is very dangerous."

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Originally posted by jheated5
Does anyone else feel this could be a good thing for humanity? I will be the first to raise my hand!

No its not a good thing, and anyone who is promoting this "well good promiscuous peopel deserve to die" need to remember that its NOT ALWAYS promiscuous people that end up with this......

...you should be a lot more concerned with this hitting you directly whether you are promiscuous or not......

Wishing death on people because you dont agree with their certain lifestyle is about as short sighted as one can get........

Hey, it's not necessarily a morality issue. If a person is for population control and thinks there are too many humans already, then this could indeed be a good thing. The Black Death spurred on the Renaissance, so that was a good thing, wasn't it? Sometimes the deadwood needs to be gotten rid of. People like to cite hunting as being a helpful culling of some animal populations. Humans are just another animal -- and one that is way over-represented on this planet these days.

And if the culling disease is not airborne, but rather spread by bodily fluids, then so much the better. Careful people won't have a lot to worry about. That's my kind of pandemic.

Please spare me any self-righteous indignation here. We, as a species, kill so many people and other creatures, lay waste to the environment, and cause so much human and animal suffering, that looking on the bright side of a virulent pandemic upon human kind is not such a terrible notion. I'm sure our primate cousins would hardily be for such a pandemic, assuming they can avoid being the victims of human bestiality.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

If I felt this way I would consider suicide a logical solution. The only person on the planet that you can murder without legal repercussion is yourself. Why continue to live if you feel that way?

I'm not saying you're wrong about this, just that I don't understand the logic of it.
edit on 5/8/2013 by Slugworth because: typo

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Aka "I'm so high and mighty and better than those people who procreate in a recreational manner!"

Get real.

It all boils down to using a condom and using it correctly. That and knowing who to avoid.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItCameFromOuterSpace
reply to post by penninja

Loving? What does sex have to with loving?

Be safe. Masturbate.
Less kids.
Less STD's.
Less drama all the way around, which is good for everybody!
Self love.

What can I say, you do sound like a Master Baiter.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
If people would repent and turn to Jesus Christ and lead moral lives this stuff wouldn't happen. God created it so it would be one man married to one woman and divorce being a sin. If people would stick with God divine plan there would be no concern for STDs. Following Satan only leads to Hell. Reject the evil one and embrace the saving grace of Jesus Christ!

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by CyberneticProphet
If people would repent and turn to Jesus Christ and lead moral lives this stuff wouldn't happen. God created it so it would be one man married to one woman and divorce being a sin. If people would stick with God divine plan there would be no concern for STDs. Following Satan only leads to Hell. Reject the evil one and embrace the saving grace of Jesus Christ!

Umm, right...

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag
reply to post by luciddream

Aka "I'm so high and mighty and better than those people who procreate in a recreational manner!"

Get real.

I'm sorry that i believe spreading disease around is a bad thing with people you barely know.

Procreating in a Recreational manner? damn who is gonna take care of all those kids!?

That and knowing who to avoid.

Agreed and pretty much what i said by taking self responsibility.

edit on 5/8/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Self control is a hard thing to master. Obviously.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
One thing I've never understood is why female condoms aren't easily available. They feel better for the male which is more of an incentive for him to be ok with it during sex and it prevents STDs. There is no slipping off as the condom is inside the woman, and it's less likely to tear for the same reason with proper lube. The reasons most men don't want to use condoms is because in their words "feels like a message through a rain coat".

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
If people would stop having sex for 3 to 5 days this bug would probably become extinct. I really can't imagine a mind set that would even make that difficult but apparently it's fairly common.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Not true. If you get its not sensational. Take the antibiotics and clears.Better yet, just stay out of the risk group and your whole life will be better.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Getting tired of this PC speech. Don't say undocumented, call them for what they are. They are illegal immigrants! Anyway, don't sleep around and you won't have to worry about std's.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Well, this is a little concerning, now that AIDS seems to be on the back burner we have a NEW superbug out?

Anyone else find this......ODD, I mean yeah we have supberbugs come out all the time, but think about how easily gonorrhea is spread....

Think how many people a year get this, and its a passing thing....

This one kills......quickly......

Be careful people, use protection.....I swear with all the STDS out there, and things like HPV that lead to cervical cancer, youd swear someone was introducing this stuff into the population.......

www.cnbc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I agree that it is very convenient timing indeed.

Addressing your point about HPV causing cervical cancer however, HPV has never been proven to cause cervical cancer. It has been claimed, not proven. Yet they produced a vaccine for it that they promote to be and applied to young girls at the age of 12. They even went as far in some countries to gift the 12 year olds with ipods if they showed up to get vaccinated with it.

The only thing the research has going for it is that HPV has been detected in people that gotten cervical cancer but HPV is also very common and outside of certain claims that it causes the cancer (again , claimed not proven), a lot of peple with cervical cancer do not also have HPV present in their body.

Every time the research reaches a dead end they magically find a new strain and research is continued to be funded and vaccines are made.

Do not let these vaccines be injected into your 12 year old children without any thought at the very least.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by neilarm
If people would stop having sex for 3 to 5 days this bug would probably become extinct.

Do you REALLY think that?

As an aside note, some kind of infection (such as a strain of flu etc) is hardly sensational news these days, but when it is (God forbid) sexually transmitted, threads like this one shed light on a whole bunch of religious wackos here on ATS who are brain dead, in the Old Testament sort of way.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by soaringhawk

I hear where you are coming from but it is not as easy as that, take rape for one, incest, lack of information to the public as if this is a dirty secret, fear of the discussion due to moral obligations such as religion to name just a few of the complications.

There are so many people out there that cannot seem to go without sex for whatever reason, and there are millions who have psychological attachments to sex.

Individuals could spread this easily through multipal partners before they even know they have it and that could spiral out of control fast.

What is Nymphomania?

Nymphomania is a mental disorder marked by compulsive sexual behavior. Compulsions are unwanted actions, or rituals, that a person engages in repeatedly without getting pleasure from them or being able to control them.

In the case of nymphomania, people act out their compulsions by engaging in risky behaviors such as promiscuity. Whether or not nymphomania qualifies as a true mental illness is often debated in the medical community, but evidence suggests that compulsive sexual behavior is a real and serious illness.

www.localhealth.com...

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
What is Nymphomania?

I cannot fathom what Nymphomania has to do with mutated bacteria. STDs existed since the dawn of civilization, except now we have condoms, thank God. You might have brought Cannibalism into this discussion as well, because you can spread the infection this way as well. Duh.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join