It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sex Superbug Could Be 'Worse Than AIDS'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

Sounds like you need new friends...

Gonorrhea is a bacteria. It was only a matter of time before this happened, so I am not at all surprised. Sad thing is, you would think the threat of death (HIV) would have been enough to make people keep their pants on, but the human race is not all that intelligent on average.

As to the comments wishing death on people; I hate reading these types of stupid comments here on ATS. It makes all of us look bad. But again, it is just proving my point that the smart ones are in the minority.

edit on 6-5-2013 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Ok, lets be promiscuous and not pay the price, make sense.

I don't mean an accident, then again, i guess the person didn't trust enough to tell you they are infected? some relationship huh? off to a good start.

Please dude, spread your wisdom about one night stands.

Why would anyone be sleeping with strangers in the first place? people they have no idea about? it felt good at the moment? you think is a good practice?

Umm, i don't know why you brought god into this concept, i believe in no such things nor mentioned any in my post..

If i get infected with some deadly infection due to my carelessness and my choice to sleep with people, then ITS MY FAULT for getting infected!

I don't feel bad if a promiscuous person gets infected. Period.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by valiant

I absolutely agree with you on that....

People do need to take responsibility, unfortunately we know that a large percentage of people will not.....

link   

Originally posted by luciddream

Ok, lets be promiscuous and not pay the price, make sense.

Nobody here said that being promiscuous is the right thing to do, in the first place. It is you who went on you Freudian slip here.

I don't mean an accident, then again, i guess the person didn't trust enough to tell you they are infected? some relationship huh? off to a good start.

You have NO IDEA what you are talking about. Figures.

A lot of times the symptoms aren't there to begin with, for a while. Check the literature.

Please dude, spread your wisdom about one night stands.

Again, I didn't advocate one night stands and I never will. Inventing things and putting words in my mouth is just plain stupid.

edit on 6-5-2013 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by westcoast
reply to post by resoe26

Sounds like you need new friends...

Chlamydia is a bacteria. It was only a matter of time before this happened, so I am not at all surprised. Sad thing is, you would think the threat of death (HIV) would have been enough to make people keep their pants on, but the human race is not all that intelligent on average.

As to the comments wishing death on people; I hate reading these types of stupid comments here on ATS. It makes all of us look bad. But again, it is just proving my point that the smart ones are in the minority.

True that man. We have faded away in the past year... bout bashed his head in because I'm certain he was trying to be a bit too 'friendly' with my wife.. Sad when it is someone you thought you could trust (known him since 1st grade). Guess people change ese.

I don't see in the article anywhere where it states how many have succumbed to this disease though...

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

reply to post by 200Plus

Mistake happens.

What do you think about a drunk driver killing bunch of people and becoming handicapped himself?

Do you feel sorry for him or is he going to jail?

He chose to drink. He chose to drive.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I'll advocate one-night stands if you don't want to. There is nothing wrong with two consenting adults doing what they will provided they are protecting themselves.

People with STD's have sex all the time. Wrap it up.

I also fail to see how this could be worse than AIDS. But even if it's not it seems pretty damn bad enough.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Nice taking my words out of context. i guess you are trying to get some brownie points by bringing child into the arguments?

When does a newborn child choose to be promiscuous?

You read my post properly right?

If the new born child is infected it is not its fault.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
----and sex doll sales spike!

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn

I'll advocate one-night stands if you don't want to. There is nothing wrong with two consenting adults doing what they will provided they are protecting themselves.

I respect your opinion even though I was never a fan of one night stands, I take it more seriously. Protection is good at all times, of course. And anyone who thinks that DEATH is a proper punishment for two consenting adults who decided to roll in hay, is a sick and perverted person. Also a moron.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

You use the driver as an example, I look at the victims in the car that was hit.

Super-bugs do not stay in isolated parts of society. They spread out.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
good thing im married and not part of transient love partner thing called college anymore.

Yeah funny story when I was single a buddy of mine used to laugh at me and tell me he was glad he was out of that rat race when he married. Well his wife cheated on him and the only way he found out was cause he got an infection.

I am sure a lot of people think that and then found out their spouse cheated on them while at a Doctors office trying to figure out what those burning symptoms are...

edit on 6-5-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
Holy crap that's scary.
What's next? You stick it in and it explodes?

Thanks for the heads up.

So soooooo glad I had just finished that bite of soup when I read this...I am pretty sure it would have come out my nose!

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by 200Plus

Yes but they are limited to transfer by bodily fluids only. And since this is a terminal disease, it ends with them. As long as no one else carelessly contract it.

Heck i can defend cancer patients, and other idiopathic disease, which people have NO CONTROL over yet many result in death.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Heh, going after the player instead of the ball i see. Maybe thats how you feel good about yourself by insulting others because of their opinion. Interesting.

Anyways, If this disease was true, Its not like we can do anything to stop it, natural selection at works.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Hey, Promiscuous people should pay the price. i do not feel bad for them one bit.

Self Responsibility.

Okay, fair enough. But what about those people who get STIs because their partners who they are completely faithful to are cheating on them without them knowing? Some people give their partners no indication anything is wrong when they're playing the field just because they can't help themselves. People who are caught in the crossfire have no responsibility for getting things like HIV or herpes and yet pay the price for the rest of their lives. They're being responsible sticking with the same person, they might be trying for a kid and don't know their partner has it, then they (and possibly the child) end up with something that they're stuck with or that can cause a lot of harm.

It's not a good thing for humanity, at all. It's quite a worrying fact, and is an advocate for STI testing any new partner, in my opinion. But how many people are willing to ask for that?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Nice taking my words out of context. i guess you are trying to get some brownie points by bringing child into the arguments?

When does a newborn child choose to be promiscuous?

You read my post properly right?

If the new born child is infected it is not its fault.

Sure did, you made a blanket statement that was ignorant in my opinion......

Wishing death on anyone because you dont agree with how they live their lives is ignorant,

Whats even more ignorant is the fact that some of you seem to think that just because you arent promiscuous, that this would have no effect on you........

I read it just fine, I just dont think you thought it out completely

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

I think I understand what you are getting at..but it is the way you are presenting yourself that is the problem.

So you think that any adult who knowingly has unprotected sex deserves whatever it is they get as a result. They knew the risks, they knew their behavior was dangerous, so don't expect anyone to feel sorry for them.

I get that.

I think however, that when you give an impression that you are glad there is this super bug to kill people, it throws a much broader net out. It just isn't that simple. Did you see the age groups most affected? young teenage girls are the biggest victims. Not cheating husbands. You don't even have to have sex to contract this. (I wont go into details...read about it)

For me, the bigger concern is how much of a mutation is there? It wouldn't be much of a jump for this to become much more than a STD, but an all-out bacterial empidemic...with horrible consequences.

Just be careful what you wish for.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Hey, Promiscuous people should pay the price. i do not feel bad for them one bit.

Self Responsibility.

Hey, prudes should get testicular cancer. I do not feel bad for them one bit.

Responsibility to Love not Hate

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join