It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syngenta Charged for Covering up Livestock Deaths from GM Corn

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

I'm no Monsanto fan, but poor reporting and bad/junk science do more harm than good to the arguments against GM foods.

Syngenta was "charged" by the farmer in question, NOT law enforcement! There is no record of a conviction in any of the three jurisdictions where he brought his "charges."

Gloeckner, who lost an earlier civil law case asking damages from the company in the Frankfurt Regional Court, has now filed a criminal case against Syngenta.

www.gmwatch.org...

Moreover, no proof was ever offered that GM corm was responsible:

There is still no explanation provided by the authorities as to the cause of death of Gloeckner’s cows.
Unsurprisingly, no causal relationship between the GM feed and deaths was determined; and there is still no explanation for the deaths.
Independent studies have shown that basing health assessments on flawed scientific assumptions is not only arrogant, but foolish.

occupymonsanto360.org...

jw
edit on 7-5-2013 by jdub297 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Thank you for posting. This is terrible and very upsetting...I can see the pain and suffering on the face of the deceased cow...I just don't understand why do they feed them corn in the first place? I thought the natural food for cows are grass anyway. Am I missing something?

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by fareast123

Corn is fed to mature cattle to prepare them for butchering.

Grass has no fat and little protein; they have to graze all day just to get enough nourishment for sustenance,

Corn, on the other hand, is high in carbohydrates and protein; it helps develop muscle tissue in essentially sedentary animals, who eat as much as they used to, but don't know the difference.

Corn is also a great source of oil, i.e., fat. It creates the "marbling" that permeates the muscle and generates higher prices when the cattle are sold to be shot in the head or electrocuted, skinned as they bleed-out, and cut into quarters for sale to butchers and processors.

For centuries, corrn was regarded in Europe and the East as unfit for humans; it was "animal feed."
Cattle feeders and raisers have to be careful how much corn they feed, or they can "founder" an animal, causing it to be unable to defecate, and killing it. Foundered livestock can only be saved by manually removing the feces through the rectum. Most feeders do not want to do this and consider the loss part of the cost of doing buinsess.

jw
edit on 9-5-2013 by jdub297 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
GMO foods even have a noticeably different taste. My aunt was telling me some of her usual snacks don't taste the same. I think Hershey kisses was one of them. And I had just finished reading an article on my phone about GMO food and a list of companies and even actual names of products that used gmo. All the snacks that don't taste good anymore were gmo products.

And since then I've noticed other foods that don't taste right. But I don't know if its psychological because I KNOW they use gmo so I already associate it as being bad. That's why I point to the example of my aunt and others who have noticed things. People who don't pay attention like I do and would have no idea what brands or products are on "the list". So when I have independent individuals from all over the place telling me their favorite foods don't taste good or right, or the same anymore, that tells me I'm not just crazy. It DOES effect taste!

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

Whoa! Aren't we jumpin to conclusions?
Could it possibly be that something else might be altering the taste of foods to which you've grown accustomed?

Do you know whether the pesticides applied to the cocoa plants have stayed the same?
Or the fertilizers or giberellic acid?
What about the dirt where the beans lay to ferment?

Or whether the other things might have been affected by growing, maturity, packing, transport, processing, packaging and intrinsic factors?

What about other ingredients? Have you ruled out any changes in the 75 ingredients, including milk, paraben, methylparaben, whey potein, et c. that go into a Hershey's Kiss?

What about yoursleves? Many illneses are marked by changes in perception of salt,bitter, sweet, sour, acid, et c.
Could the fats added during processing have changed or been contaminated by PCBs, BPA, HIV, DNC, PBS, NPR??
If I were you, I'd see an oncologist, stat.

And, why is your aunt eating processed milk chocolate anyway?
Don't you care about her health?

jw
edit on 10-5-2013 by jdub297 because: sp

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join