It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syngenta Charged for Covering up Livestock Deaths from GM Corn

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I put this article up for any people that doubt that GM foods can be dangerous and even lead to fatalities. These companies clearly do not know what they are doing even so they are happy to test their products on people...

Biotech giant Syngenta has been criminally charged with denying knowledge that its genetically modified (GM) Bt corn kills livestock during a civil court case that ended in 2007 [1].

Syngenta’s Bt 176 corn variety expresses an insecticidal Bt toxin (Cry1Ab) derived from the bacterium, Bacillus thuringiensis (Bt) and a gene conferring resistance to glufosinate herbicides. EU cultivation of Bt 176 was discontinued in 2007. Similar varieties however, including Bt 11 sweet corn are currently cultivated for human and animal consumption in the EU.

occupymonsanto360.org...

It is clear that testing need to be done over longer periods of time and not handled in house... This farmer lost four cows and it was not an isolated case.

The charges follow a long struggle for justice by a German farmer whose dairy cattle suffered mysterious illnesses and deaths after eating Bt 176. They were grown on his farm as part of authorised field tests during 1997 to 2002. By 2000, his cows were fed exclusively on Bt 176, and soon illnesses started to emerge. He was paid 40 000 euros by Syngenta as partial compensation for 5 dead cows, decreased milk yields, and vet costs (see [2] Cows ate GM Maize and Died, SiS 21). During a civil lawsuit brought against the company by the farmer however, Syngenta refused to admit that its GM corn was the cause, claiming no knowledge of harm. The case was dismissed and Gloeckner remained thousands of euros in debt.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
But.. but... GM foods are healthy, the people who make it say so! This must be lies! Corps and Gov would NEVER lie to us!!! Hogwash!

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Glad to see it. Everyone knows about Monsanto, but Syngenta is jut as bad, if not worse. Glad to them getting called out.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

The sunflower seed my husband bought is not being eaten by the birds, it is ver strange they usually empty it in two days and none want this seed. Not sure what grower or brand but I am sure it must be GMO.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
The case was dismissed, must not have had a great legal counsel.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Playing God with food invites the Devil to the dinner table.

What more need said? I hope they find ways to nail every last one of these companies to the wall for what they've done to us.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Playing God with food invites the Devil to the dinner table.

What more need said? I hope they find ways to nail every last one of these companies to the wall for what they've done to us.

Couldn't agree more!! I keep saying this about cloning and creating new species and the endless tests playing god....It should be left alone!

The bad thing is it is all about MONEY!! We have fields that can grow all natural corn.....Why do we need or in their eyes REQUIRE to use GMO garbage?? MONEY!!! Bunch of horse spit
edit on 5/6/2013 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Maybe your sunflower seeds are like this corn... I try to get organic seeds they do not cost a lot more and you are safer with them. As long as they are not hybrids you can collect and reuse seeds too..

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by Char-Lee

Maybe your sunflower seeds are like this corn... I try to get organic seeds they do not cost a lot more and you are safer with them. As long as they are not hybrids you can collect and reuse seeds too..

We can't grow them here sadly. I guess my husband was unable to find any at all in the stores and finally found some, he dumped them in a lidded container and threw away the bag, so we don't know what they were. I think most things are GMO now. The seeds are not old or rancid, so I guess they just know something is wrong with them.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Flag for pointing this out. I wonder if the new Monsanto protection law covers other sleazy companies too?

Since January I have cut out all kinds of food that might have corn, corn syrup or corn mash filler and dropped 15 pounds. So yeah, as a certain ex-con TV personality is fond of saying, "it's a good thing."

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I wish people who lied about things on mass scale about safety of their food would be tried and executed. I also wish the people who lied on a mass scale about the safety of pharmaceuticals or downplayed the side effects of them would be executed also.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I do not agree with execution but I do understand your sentiments. It is wrong that people are willing to risk human life and health for profit. There should be stiff sentences for such people. Instead the law seems to protect them.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Last summer I bought my dog the same food he was eating for the last 2 years. He loved it, in fact I went out of my way to go to the farm store to pick to up for him.
The last bag I bought from there the dog wouldn't touch, and he is the kind of dog who gets excited over a new bag of food.
We have a large property so I dumped it out in the area we don't use, and when I was cutting the grass it was full of flies and STUNK!!! I ended up covering it up.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I think that when the whole scope of this is realized -

The genetically modified food.
The medicine that genetically modifies us.
The genetically fertilized human.

And the detrimental effects -

The mass die off of animal and incest species.
The increased disease index that the medical books keep updating. And disabled people no longer able to work.
The increase of people becoming reavers of innocence...mass shootings, psychotic breaks, terrorism, people going postal...

The horror is staring us in the face. But I don't know how to fix it! We left Frankenstein unchecked to play their wicked alchemy. Now it's affecting us from very different fronts. Have they even consider cross effects yet? The combination of eating this gmo food, crossed with the medication to treat this = is now why you have an *insert here* disorder and will die a slow and agonizing death.
Now we look in the mirror and see we are the monsters - Frankenstein's result. It's a stark realization, and yes - these companies and their scientists should be in court and held accountable. Big Pharma companies and these GMO companies are dangerous. All they see though - is generated revenue. Even the comedy of the court drama - cost's a damn fortune!

The whole system needs reform. Especially if scientists are running control experiments and showing evidence it is in fact showing it's not good for you! Half the medication and gmo crops creations should be banned, dumped, scrapped! I don't think established medicine that has been proven record of providing medicine with minimal to no side effects! Nothing so drastic - I love medicine. Science has done really good to! Blood pressure meds, controlling serious diseases like diabetes. Surgical medicine! The machines we have to assist in people healing and saving lives where they couldn't have been saved before a hundred years ago! Amazing stuff. But many drugs need to be put back to the drawing board, taken back to testing and control groups that should take decades - and careful monitoring - with regulations put into place for the safety of the public. This is specifically true of psychotropic drugs - as we still are in such a stage of infancy with neuroscience and how the brain works. Enough is enough. There needs to be a serious clamp down and tightening of regulation. This needs to be a huge - national issue and debate - it's time for science to start facing the evidence and sing whatever tune their going to go with. But questions need to be researched and answered - do your damned jobs and look at cross effects.

I for one hope peanut butter cups are screened and a - ok. My whole family loves those things. It's the # one asked for gift in stockings and baskets! And remember - it's the diet stuff that's gmo too.

Cirque
edit on 6-5-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: spelling

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

There are too many people in the world according to the rulers , so this is one way to reduce the population and make us pay the expense of killing us. sick people make the gross national product go up, so they think its good for the economy and profits to poison the food supply.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by supergravity

If they really wanted to kill us. Would there not be far simpler methods than slowly poisoning us with GM foods and toxic chemicals.. Surely it would be far simpler to start a large war or release a virus or something.. Unless they are real sadistic gits or something..

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

I do not think science or scientists are at blame. Humans are inquisitive by nature we like to understand things around us. There is nothing wrong with GMOs the problems lie with trying to feed them to people. We do not understand the science behind it well enough. The real problem behind all this is greed and companies putting money before the well being of us and our planet. These things are the driving issues that need to be addressed. If they are not this beast will keep rearing its head in different ways.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

I do not think science or scientists are at blame. Humans are inquisitive by nature we like to understand things around us. There is nothing wrong with GMOs the problems lie with trying to feed them to people. We do not understand the science behind it well enough. The real problem behind all this is greed and companies putting money before the well being of us and our planet. These things are the driving issues that need to be addressed. If they are not this beast will keep rearing its head in different ways.

Well I know that. I'm also looking at this situation - down the road. After generations, long after I'm dead - who've been exposed and changed into something nature didn't invent. Science did. Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.

But this is just one more thing to be scared about isn't it? Fact is - mother earth is furious. With weather, war, and superbugs - it's just one more thing to add to the list of Evidence "The World is Mad". Usually when mom's this mad, dad's not far behind. We're due for a spanking.

Peace,
Cirque
edit on 6-5-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: punctuation

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Covertblack
The case was dismissed, must not have had a great legal counsel.

Sometimes cases are dismissed for reasons other than the merits -- such as the corruption of the decision-maker in the judicial system. Funny how money can get its way, one way or another, either through bribery or extortion.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Hi, Syngenta/Monsanto NO-FANS !!

Boy are we glad to be able to buy our almost 100% organic stuff !!

We do NOT trust what comes from China and USA ! PERIOD . !!

We buy "on line" from our local farmers, and buy from "organic stores" like:
www.avril.ca/en/about/
www.marchestau.com/EN/historique_policy.php
and the "organic zones/sections/SHELFs" in our "IGA" store !
magasin.iga.net/Browse/Organicandnaturalfoods.aspx

Blue skies.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join