It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hell doesn't recycle, it's a waste, Nature doesn't Waste! Therefor...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Does Hell even exist?

If you look around in nature you will find a few common things, One major is Fractals, another is that "Nature recycles EVERYTHING". Nothing you find in nature does it not reuse in some way, even our manmade items are being reused by nature and will be either broken down and reused there or reused as a whole product, eventually not a short term process, but everything on this planet will be reused and recycled at some point.

Now think about Hell, brimstone, fire, bunch of " evil " people or " people who didn't do something in the eyes of some religious check list ". But is there true form and function in such a place? Where is the connection between reality of nature and Hell? How does a place that takes all the evil supposedly and hold it there, being a part of natural recycling dynamic? Even in nature what is considered the bad " decay and refuse " is reused as either food or shelter for another.

So how could a place like hell even sustain itself? Yes I am bringing science into a metaphysical realm of speaking since we are supposed to be so concerned about this place in our living time, it should have a connection to the reality of living or else it simply isn't so.

If Hell is a true place, and it doesn't recycle ( as written in many texts ), then wouldn't this place be so over crowded that we'd have a overflow or explosion of evil so to speak?

Even if you are religious, believe in hell, it's not a sin to speak and think and question such a concept, so please don't speak to me in a hateful tone or try to sway me to think another way. I respect your opinion, is why I am curious to hear your thoughts.

edit on 6-5-2013 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I picture the devil being overthrown by now
by hitler or someone haha since it's filled with every bad person. Just a thought

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Then certainly they'd by now established a Starbucks or Bank of America and have us by the Financial " junk ".

Oh, maybe I spoke too soon? But I could agree, Satan in the bible's terms doesn't hold much to the beings we've had witness too in our history.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Tranceopticalinclined

A typical Christian response: "It's outside our spatiotemporal bounds, blah, blah, blah," or "It's another dimension or plane of existence." I don't know how any human being is capable of knowing this, but the handy-dandy Bible graciously supplies them with the "truth."

Do the concepts of heaven and hell even seem remotely compatible with our modern understanding of the universe and the physical laws that govern matter? Absolutely not.

It's funny that hell is similar to the inside of a volcano. You'd think that the Abrahamic God could have been slightly more creative. I mean, why not a light-year wide chasm filled with supermassive black holes? Having your insides repeatedly stretched for an eternity is probably a lot more painful than eternal hell fire.
edit on 5/6/2013 by Nacirema because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Casualboy100

HAHA! A HELL of a mutiny!

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Hell violates the laws of physics, and the character of God. If we eliminate the pagan concept of the immortality of the soul, pagan religion and mythology, bad translations, and works of fiction such as Dante and Milton, there is almost nothing left. That is why I call Hell a 404.

Hell is a big 404 - not found.

There are four main props of Hell, and I will knock them down in succession:

Prop One
Without the concept of the Immortality of the soul, Hell gets a bit shaky. It's very simple, if we look at the story of the creation of man by God. We all know it - God took some dirt, made a body, breathed into the body the Breath of Life, and man became a living soul. To simplify:

dead body + breath of life = living soul

Now, let's reverse it:

living soul - breath of life = dead body

Perfect logic - start with the living person (soul) and kill it, so that the breath of life returns to God who gave it, and what do you have left? A dead body! So that means that when you're dead, you're dead. There is no immortal soul to go to Hell, Hades, or the Inferno. The spirit cannot go there either, because it has returned to God who gave it. Is God going to send His own Spirit to Hell? God forbid! There remains, if you examine all this closely, nothing to send to Hell. The same Bible which the Eternal Torture (ET) crowd likes to quote about Hell, says that "the soul that sinneth shall die." Nothing said about being sent to Hell too. If we jump forward from Genesis to the Revelation, we see that Death and Hell are both thrown into the Lake of Fire. Now, I ask you, if such a thing has happened, how can Hell still exist (if it ever existed), and how can the dead be in Hell if Death has been destroyed? Let's move on.

Prop Two
"Hell" as we have come to understand it, has come down to us, like the Greek concept of the Immortality of the Soul, from pagan sources. I don't want to elaborate too much on the Scandinavian "Hel," the Greek "Hades," or the Latin "Inferno," but you can Wiki that for yourself if you are not familiar with the mythology. This is how "Hell," or "the grave," became Hell, the place of eternal torment. Check any good dictionary, especially the Oxford, for information on Hell. "Hell" is also a verb, meaning "to bury," reinforcing the "grave" usage. Even the Buddhist concept of Hell is very close to the ET version, the main difference being in the artistic style of the representation. Two props down, it won't take much more.

Prop Three
This one is very simple - in almost every instance of the usage of "Hell" or "Hades" in the Holy Bible, a better rendering would (and should) be "the grave." A couple of hours with a Strong's or Young's Concordance should clear up this chestnut for you. Did you ever think about the way the proper name of God, YHWH, has been rendered as "LORD"? At the same time, the names of all and sundry pagan gods were improperly rendered properly, when the God who said not to even speak their names gets short shrift. This happens because the (mis)translators had/have an agenda, and "Hell" is no different. One prop left.

Prop Four
If you care to dig into it, you will find that apart from what I have already mentioned, a misunderstanding of body, spirit, and soul; pagan concepts and mistranslations, all the evidence for "Hell" is based on fiction. Yes, from Dante Aligheri to John Milton to Mary Baxter's “A Divine Revelation of Hell,” everything we have to support the concept of Hell is fiction. Every last account is unverifiable, from epic poem to story, to sermon, to EweToob video. Fiction - Legend - Myth - lies.

Heaven, yes!

Hell, no.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

No. No it doesn't.

A place imagined by people has no bearing in reality. Even in a multi-verse scenario there is no place for 'souls' to go after death.

I was excited by title, but ultimately let down by the question itself.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
It's funny that hell is similar to the inside of a volcano. You'd think that the Abrahamic God could have been slightly more creative. I mean, why not a light-year wide chasm filled with supermassive black holes? Having your insides repeatedly stretched for an eternity is probably a lot more painful than eternal hell fire.
edit on 5/6/2013 by Nacirema because: (no reason given)

Well what is more accessible to man, both modern and ancient?
The threat that if you don't adhere to religion your body will be stretched through time and space, or you will constantly be tortured by fire?

Everyone at some point has touched something hot and know without a doubt that it sucks beyond almost any other physical pain. It could be argued that the three worst ways to die in no specfic order are drowning, suffocation and burning alive. Nearly nobody can fathom the feeling of being stretch through a blackhole, it may not even hurt, i would imagine it would, but maybe it doesn't, but everyone who has ever gotten a sunburn knows fire is the real deal.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
My two cents..... Metaphysically speaking

If you think of Heaven and Hell as two opposite spectrums, like you would see on a Political circle that is not complete.

I apologise for the picture but is just a visual.

In the middle or center, you have the "physical" world. Our reality. What we can see, touch, smell, taste, hear, indicating to our perceptive senses to conclude that what is around us is real.

If you subscribe to reincarnation, then the rules of the game of life between good and evil, heaven and hell, truth and falsehood, apply to both sides. Meaning souls in heaven can be reincarnated just like the souls in Hell.

To influence those souls who are new to THIS game, ,as well as those fighting for their chosen side to convert others, with the introduction of HUMAN Species into the cosmos/life force.

Through the power of meditation, taking Time for yourself to Talk to yourself, Knowing your own body, will teach you the power of thought and the ability of an idea to instantaneously transform and manifest itself in the "physical realm" and thus experiencing dimensional break through. That sensation that transforms you, called an epiphany moment.

There are laws to nature embedded in mathematical equations and science.

Principles exist. Fire is a form of destruction, yet can be used as a form of creation with the pine cone.

Oxygen breaths life, yet too much of it can kill.

"It is better to reign in hell than to serve in Heaven?"

There is ALWAYS a Hierarchy in life, like a triangle or food chain. On the top, you will have your God, good or bad, underneath is how those with an intellect, who follow their God's teachings, distribute his teachings of their value of the way of Life.

The luciferian way of life is the complete separation of God and the good perception of LOVE.

The Hell side of the Spectrum. You will have a ruler, Satan, or what ever name, you will have those who will reign under his worship and control trying to spread the idea that is the luciferian way of life.

The reason why this way of life fails is because there is no balance. Not in the sense of 50/50 but the recognition that the other does not exists.

Earth itself is the battlefield and has many energetic points, intersecting "Ley lines", monuments for worship, that can be used for either side to conduct their business.

The battle between good and evil is a concept fueled by thought and emotion. The very things each individual is in control over. Is influenced by the environment in which the individual is raised.

So look around you, the environment that you surround yourself in, to influence your actions imposed by your thoughts and feelings/emotions. Are they empowered by the forces of good or evil? and do you, should you, are you compelled to change it if necessary, and for what purpose?

edit on 6-5-2013 by whatzshaken because: spelling/wording

edit on 6-5-2013 by whatzshaken because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Hell is death and the grave, but on dying planet it's going to be like hell and those that get left behind are gonna be in hell because the earth is dying and those that will survive will live in Christ, Last time it happens.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

A couple thoughts if I may. My first is that God created nature, and is therefore outside it. Not to say that through nature one cannot see God however.

Second, I don't know if Hell as a physical place exists. My own humble opinion is it is a state of separation and isolation away from God.

I also don't think Hell (assuming a physical place) is designed to "contain" evil either. Evil is alive and well in this world, just look around.

The again, I guess it would all depend on how one defines "evil."

So, my humble opinion is hell in this case is not a physical location, so really it can't get overfull.

From the CCC:

We cannot be united with God unless we freely choose to love him. But we cannot love God if we sin gravely against him, against our neighbor or against ourselves . . . To die in mortal sin without repenting and accepting God’s merciful love means remaining separated from him forever by our own free choice. This state of definitive self-exclusion from communion with God and the blessed is called "hell." (CCC 1033)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Hell and everything that comes from it is a place that does exists and the text made it so, they are called prisons, domestication of human beings in a domino manner, making people into products while securing the system that stands to protect the Law (BIBLE), in hand creating angles (police officers/army), God (financial building/bank/money/leader/church), it's not only in the bible, but other texts also.

It absolutely does not exists in Nature, and i agree 100%, that is why i am to believe that Religion is for Commercial purposes only, to secure an agriculture society, Nature, is 100% recycle, and sustainable, it has all of the mechanisms to deal with everything, something we have walked away from, or have been forced (by the laws "bible", enforcers "army/police" ) to walk away from choosing just one of the very destructive and unsustainable system to be on top of the Hierarchy.

top topics

join