It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rules on hormones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Last thread got locked, but I'm still befuzzled about the rules about endogenous drugs in your body.

Hormones or similar emotionally released drugs like oxytocin would be a great topic, about what they have discovered in their role and response to the human mind.

Also the drugs involved in the epigentetic methylation of genes via gene expression, I started a thread here which was well received in all after the plagiarism accusation was cleared up.

And finally would it be ok to start a thread in the science section asking what people think the primary catalyzing effect on human consciousness over the past 100,000 years that transformned up from apes to the humans we are today if I don't mention what I think it is but let others try to work it out?

Thanks.
edit on 6-5-2013 by ZeuZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Stimulating the body to make these hormones naturally is not hard. It requires much research which I am currently in the middle of. I am more into studying the repair hormones and where to find them in nature. Presently I am studying glutamines and their help in repairing injuries. Here is a link www.rescancer.com... Glutamates are important in this because our body constantly changes glutamates back and forth to glutamines when needed to help repair the body when needed. Present medical practices are ignoring this when designing drugs, treating symptoms instead of addressing ways to cure problems correctly. I have a long way to go in my studies. It is important to heal along with feeling good. I am hoping I can find a better way to moderate these functions without telling people to take drugs.

It seems that cancerous tumors often have high levels of glutamates in them, something that puzzles me. Possibly because of all the free glutamates we consume that cause a rush in the body instead of a steady even absorbtion. Genetic diseases are not diseases, we all need to eat certain diets and straying from what we are supposed to eat is bad. Putting chemicals in the food that attract us is one of the worst atrocities that man has done. How can our bodies moderate things when this policy is allowed to exist. We have cravings for a reason but these cravings have been led astray.

Another good thread you have started. S&F. Hope I can contribute something.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Stimulating the body to make these hormones naturally is not hard. It requires much research which I am currently in the middle of. I am more into studying the repair hormones and where to find them in nature. Presently I am studying glutamines and their help in repairing injuries. Here is a link www.rescancer.com... Glutamates are important in this because our body constantly changes glutamates back and forth to glutamines when needed to help repair the body when needed. Present medical practices are ignoring this when designing drugs, treating symptoms instead of addressing ways to cure problems correctly. I have a long way to go in my studies. It is important to heal along with feeling good. I am hoping I can find a better way to moderate these functions without telling people to take drugs.

That is awesome information. I am aware that excess glutamate in your system is highly stimulatory, I once got in a pickle with too much use of a natural substance found on our bodies and also in fish as a nutrient (gamma-Hydroxybutyric acid) ingested in a day, which ended up with awful excitotoxicity due to excessive glutamate release and impaired uptake. When the glutamate binds to its receptors (AMPA, NMDA and kainate) and in excess it can cause a large influx of calcium ions into neurons. This calcium influx can cause a process called 'apoptosis', also known as programmed cell death. Essentially, the neurons commit suicide.

Luckily GABA-B antagonists such as phenibut or gabapentin which you can buy at your local Hollands and Barrets or health store are amazingly neuroprotective against excititoxitity, and I was fine very shortly after. Supplementing with zinc and magnesium could help to prevent some of the neurotoxicity.

Lesson: Things that mess with glutamate are not to be taken lightly!

(reading your research, looks very interesting!)

Anyway back on topic, I would love for the three questions in the OP to be answered.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeuZZ

Yea, I read about the high levels of glutamates consumed destroying the receptors and causing problems in the nervous system. The article I read didn't address calcium Ions as the cause though. I'm starting to wonder if those calcium supplements doctors were prescribing to women was a bad thing. Calcium deadens things, it abosorbs signals and binds them sort of like a buffer. Both the cox 2 inhibition Propan's and the calcium in milk deaden perception and energy transmission. A little is good but too much is bad.

Off topic again

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I'd like to read you two discussing DHEA. I haven't even looked on search engine for a DHEA thread, but if there isn't one (or even if there's an older one) maybe you two can remedy that. Thanks for the information in this thread! I'm giving you both imaginary stars.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
So no feedback from the mods on the hormones we are allowed to discuss? I would hate to break any rules.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I know that I would like to be able to write a thread about adopting a “sensible drugs policy” but I think to do so would be against the T&Cs of the site so I have never wrote such a thread.

I can understand why the OP is asking about this but for me I just don’t write threads about drugs because its against the T&Cs that I agreed to when I signed up. You might not like it but those are the rules, if you want to have a conversation online about drugs I am sure there are plenty of forums where you can do just that.

Anyway when you have sex you don’t need drugs so i think we should talk about sex more.

edit on 6-5-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
There's be no point having sex without drugs
It's the dopamine and other endogenous drugs that makes it what it is.

That's why sexuality is so edgy in this society; they'd make it illegal if they could but just figure out how. It's the one drug they can't tear from our grip, so they lay a guilt trip about it instead.

I can understand that coming from someone elses perspective, but It's impossible to not write a thread about drugs in an odd way. The very fact you are sat typing that post at your keyboard is due to the organic chemistry of the drugs in your body. I don't see the distinction between drugs and the drugs you are made of, in reality there very little if any difference. Your probably metabolizing more nn-dmt than me now (depending on your melatonin levels).

I'm just seeking some guidance as to what drugs are allowed to be mentioned here and which are not. I especially want to start a thread on the density of the human neocortex and the reason why humans seem to have taken an orthogonal turn from normal animal life, but that would involve having to speak about the neurophysiology of the drugs involved.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I'd like to refer you to the closing post in your previous BBQ request:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

That Admin post would apply here, too.

If you have a question about a specific topic being allowed, I would suggest
contacting staff

**Thread Closed.**

top topics

join