It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ah yes, Dating Sites, where women of quality can prescreen their selections.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
It's rather sad that so many ignorant, uneducated troglodytes pounce on/after every woman they lay their eyes on. Which is why god invented dating sites, so women might get to know the man before "getting to know the man."

And of course, this involves rigorous prescreening processes. And of course, listing what you like/dislike about men in general.

And remember guys pay very close attention to these words:

Spelling mistakes bother me, I would be lost forever without a GPS, I can be impatient and stubburn, I can't really cook (but I try!), and I drive too fast.

BUT..in saying that...

I am dedicated, honnest, hard working, motivated, disciplined, energetic, fun, compassionate AND sometimes pretty funny

*Underline for effect. No characters were edited in this public service announcement.

Thank you for your time,

B
edit on 6-5-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Who needs online dating, I run into enough crazy with out the added crazy factor of the internet lol

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
It's rather sad that so many ignorant, uneducated troglodytes pounce on/after every woman they lay their eyes on. Which is why god invented dating sites, so women might get to know the man before "getting to know the man."

And of course, this involves rigorous prescreening processes. And of course, listing what you like/dislike about men in general.

And remember guys pay very close attention to these words:

Spelling mistakes bother me, I would be lost forever without a GPS, I can be impatient and stubburn, I can't really cook (but I try!), and I drive too fast.

BUT..in saying that...

I am dedicated, honnest, hard working, motivated, disciplined, energetic, fun, compassionate AND sometimes pretty funny

*Underline for effect. No characters were edited in this public service announcement.

Thank you for your time,

B
edit on 6-5-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

You are making fun of someone who doesn't like spelling mistakes and then makes one herself, by underlining for effect - yet not underlining all of them. Or even the first.

Also, you couldn't let this one go because you pounce on/after every woman?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Well, I met my husband on eharmony. We've been married for 8 years now. It worked for us.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I did the whole internet dating scene for a while.

I met psychos, man haters (what hell were they even there for), some beautiful women, some beautiful souls.

The one thing I didn't meet was my soul mate, turned out she was a continent away and married to a right muppet.

Whilst the internet didn't help me find love it did produce an interesting array of friends. You guys included.

And Smylee I'm very happy you found your love.

Cody

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Internet dating, huh? I've been doing that for a few years, I have some stories to tell about that. I'm not so sure I would recommend it to anyone personally.

It is effective to hang out with people in person. As my dad says, go to clubs. Me: "But I don't want to pick up a girl at a bar!" Dad: "No, gaming clubs, book clubs, that kind of thing."

So I don't know. I've spent a lot of time hanging out (yeah that's all I usually do) with girls on dating sites who I never see again, that I should have been spending hanging out with my friends.
edit on 6-5-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Everybody kept telling me to go to bars and clubs to meet men. But I've never been into that kind of scene, or that kind of man.

And its really hard to meet men at work when you teach elementary school. Go figure.

So I did the eharmony thing....met a few whackos, made a lot of friends, and met my husband.

I think different things work for different folks.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
My mom met her husband on one of those sites.
I met my hubby the old fashion way. Through a mutual friend of my ex. 3rd best thing the ex ever did for me!

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I tried that scene a few years ago. Even Craig's List is almost as bad.

They universally want a financially secure man above all else, no players, wanna travel, quiet walks, and will be comfy in your house as you are out there raking in the dough for them.

I found that most are around 50 and have suddenly realized that they are headed into old age without much of a pot to piss in and they start getting desperate...but with very high standards.

I found what I wanted elsewhere. she wears yard-sale denim.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

To help your edit, unless England has a different spelling, "stubborn" is the correct spelling.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Well, i worked in a mental hospital when I met my wife. She worked on a different unit, same shift. I had seen her a few times and was enamored by her. But i was enamored by many of the ladies working there. She asked my sister (a coworker) to invite me to a party for her. We moved in together a month later, married 6 months after that. 18 years later we are seeming to peak in passion. I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't have what I have.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Works for Martha Stewart....

www.9news.com...

It's a good thing....

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I think dating the internet is a silly idea.

Yuck. You never know where it's been... with everyone most likely oO

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Interesting. Im not sure i could be bothered with internet dating thing. But theres tons of women where i live. And me being incredibly good looking and a big bag of fun, i don't know if i would need it
..Only joking of course..Seriously im a bit frightened of the whole dating thing. Im currently going through a divorce, and i will be happy when its finished, But the thought of starting dates again fills me with fear for some strange reason

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

Been there done that Doc,

Learning the whole dating game again is terrifying, and to be honest at our age pointless.

I learned that just being me was a lot more effective than being some internet persona battling against a load of married guys just out for a shag.

I'm sorry for your personal woes, but rest assured a guy like you will be just fine, I would however if I may be so bold ? Suggest a break from your former life as soon as possible, just kick back relax and re-evaluate.

Take Doc time as it were.

If you're buying Cuba's good fishing, OK beer and sexy babes, and I like my flights first class

Cody

edit on 6/5/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Yea i know what you mean cody. Im certainly in no rush. Get those fishing rods ready. Il buy the beer.......Just leave that marker pen at home this time

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

If i had to reenter the dating arena....yeesh.

I wasn't that good at it the first time around. If my wife wasn't aggressive in going after me, I probably would still not be married.

But she says she used to have dreams about me when she was little. She thinks we were destined. LOL...dunno. I just know I really, really like her.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by boncho

To help your edit, unless England has a different spelling, "stubborn" is the correct spelling.

I glanced at that quickly and thought I had saw something amiss but saw the two b's not even paying attention to the u's. Apparently, she wasn't either.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Nevertheless

You are making fun of someone who doesn't like spelling mistakes and then makes one herself, by underlining for effect - yet not underlining all of them. Or even the first.

Also, you couldn't let this one go because you pounce on/after every woman?

You don't see the humour in this? Does it matter if it's a guy or girl? Why do you make it into something sexist?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
If you haven't seen that SNL skit where they make fun of Martha Stewart going on match.com, you really should check it out.

<<   2 >>

join