It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy tries to rape mom, kills her, over Call of Duty ban.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Blaming moral corruption of the youth on a new form of entertainment is something that politicians have done for a very long time. The youth always find it ridiculous, and proof that adults are idiots who are afraid of change and want to stifle it.

For some reason, those same youth somehow grow up to do the exact same thing to the next generation. It would be funny if it weren't so sad. They are just modern witch hunts.

comic books
rock music
D&D
heavy metal music
video games

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarKPenguiN
The difference was in the way we were parented- NOT the things we enjoyed doing/playing.

Great posts in this thread...and the above, for me, seems to sum up the whole phenomenon quite succinctly.

Too many parents treat their children as accessories for their life, they both work full-time, farming out the care to paid professionals and subsequently do not know their children and what kind of person they are. Increasingly, I see parents, rather than addressing bad behaviour and character flaws, making excuses for those behaviours, or buying promises of good behaviour with 'things'. Most of the labels being applied by health care providers seem to reinforce this habit, 'it's not their fault, it is the such and such' 'they can't help it' etc. Problems or not, children need to accept responsibility for their own actions, and it is the role of the parents to set the example for that and not to expect others to fill that role for them. Children can become master manipulators if such behaviour is not nipped in the bud.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slugworth
That still sounds awfully perverted to me.

Yes. Absolutely. Raping your mother is perverted.

What I was saying was is that he wasn't trying to satisfy or titillate a sexual desire.

It was about power.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miracula

Originally posted by Slugworth
That still sounds awfully perverted to me.

Yes. Absolutely. Raping your mother is perverted.

What I was saying was is that he wasn't trying to satisfy or titillate a sexual desire.

It was about power.

Absolutely agree, Miracula. If it were about sexual titillation, then he would've been able to. As it were, he was unable to. Intention was more likely to defile her as opposed to feeding some Oedipal fantasy.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miracula
It was about power.

Totally. In this case, and many others, rape (attempted or otherwise) is about asserting control. I would hazard that he doesn't even know why he did it, not that that is an excuse, unless he has some kind of functional problem in the control centre of his brain.

I have two male gerbils, and the less industrious of the two is always trying to mount the other whenever a dispute arises. Human group structures are not that far removed from those of rodents, and in times of stress, we tend to behave very similarly.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteAlice
[Intention was more likely to defile her

That's what it sounds like to me.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I don't know if I even believe the news anymore. And her face like another face in some previous story in the past year, which really makes me wonder what is going on. Was he programmed, did this really happen like this, is the news faked. I'm not even going to be roped into believing any of the news anymore. Maybe it happened, maybe to cover a past event, maybe a program that came out, maybe its all faked.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join