It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy tries to rape mom, kills her, over Call of Duty ban.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skittle

After finding himself unable to follow through with the first act of violence, he used the rifle his mother had given him as a gift when he was 11-years-old.

Who the hell gives an 11 year old a rifle as a gift and not expecting domestic v
violence?

edit on 6-5-2013 by Skittle because: (no reason given)

THIS.

For that mattter, I think most teenagers shouldn't even have bb guns, but maybe it's a vice.

But also I think he may in fact of some kind of ADHD or ADD or inability to control aggression. While growing up, i had opportunity to know a few others that had terrible impulse control. People need to remember that this is especially true for teenagers. Their brain is not fully developed.

See here:
www.pbs.org -
New Studies of Adolescent Brains Challenge Assumptions...

Just make sure that these kinds of games are 21 and over and go after underage use.
edit on 6-5-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Absolutely sickening...and then there is this:

A 14-year-old boy from rural Iowa has been charged with first degree murder after shooting his mother with a .22 caliber rifle he received as a present.

Again, we have a death because parents failed to keep firearms locked up. I don't care if the gun was his, he should only be able to have access and use of it with a parent. Because of these parents' lackadaisical attitude towards firearms, instead of responsible use and ownership, the kid's mom is dead.

Obviously, this kid has some other issues as well, so maybe not such a great candidate for getting a rifle as a gift, hmm? Epic parenting fail here. And where the hell does the rape come from, what the heck? How this kid hasn't been identified as being a little off before, is a MAJOR failure on the part of the kid's parents.

Who the hell gives an 11 year old a rifle as a gift and not expecting domestic v
violence?

He's in a rural environment. Certainly not out of the ordinary for kids to learn how to handle firearms. However, the FAIL here is in the parents not taking the proper and safe means to prevent unsupervised access to the weapons. If you have guns and children in the house, they are better off learning the proper respect and rules of firearms, than "discovering" them and having an accident. However, it is also the responsibility of the parents to keep them locked up to prevent unauthorized use of them. Look, I have a moody 18 year old in my home, but even though he's an adult, I lock up the guns just in case. No access without my involvement. PERIOD.

In this case though, if not a gun, I feel the kid would have grabbed a kitchen knife. He's obviously mentally unstable and has some kind of serious undiagnosed problem.

William crooks says that he and Gretchen allowed Noah to play violent video games. He also says Noah showed some violent behavior throughout his childhood, including pulling all of his hair out and destroying furniture with knives.

EPIC fail to see the warning signs, and there is a REASON games have ratings folks, but oh no, MY kids must be so mature for it...yeah...right....

I hope the dad realizes he is just as much at fault for this as his psycho kid....
edit on 6-5-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thundersmurf
Kids are becoming little bullies these days because parents aren't 'allowed' to punish them physically, and aren't really sure how to raise them effectively without that physical incentive to behave. Kids get away with anything. You see it all the time - a kid screaming and throwing a tantrum at the supermarket and the parents just shaking their head in disbelief at what they've allowed to happen.

When I was a kid I knew that if I did something bad it would make my parents upset, so I didn't do it. I was able to manage my emotions and think about others. Kids today have been allowed to become selfish and unruly by parents who don't entirely know what they're doing.

I don't have kids yet, but they certainly won't be crying themselves to sleep because Daddy took CoD away.
edit on 6-5-2013 by Thundersmurf because: (no reason given)

Most aren't. I think it's just a matter of statistics. If you have 1% of a given population being at risk for serious mental illness with the potential for violence, then that would mean that, as the population grows, the number of such individuals being born will also grow correspondingly. No amount of beating or lack of beating made this kid the way that he was as he was clearly mentally unstable from childhood as per his own father's reports. The two girls of my youngest's experience were both suspected as being sexually abused and the two boys that were talking about stabbing have had longstanding problems with the school and my youngest is of the opinion that they are abused.

Now, I know you're going to say that I can't possibly imagine "my little angels" doing anything wrong but I do not and have not laid a finger on either of my children--ever. I never had to. Groundings? Yep and where it usually hurt the most, too. Also gave them rewards for good behavior--sometimes big, sometimes small. They are actually very upstanding individuals in their prospective schools. Youngest is bringing home little awards from school because of exemplary behavior in regards to being kind to other students (she stands up for kids being bullied). My eldest, while in high school, was known for breaking up fights (gentle giant) and scolding the participants for behaving like animals or children. I am quite proud of my kids and how they are isn't my being delusional. Trust me, I can list out their faults (like my youngest and her inability to keep her bedroom clean).

Beating your kids isn't parenting. It's a short cut/easy road to parenting where all it really teaches your children to fear you. One thing that schools have said about my kids in conferences is how much my kids respect me. They respect me without beatings. Then again, neither of my kids have significant mental issues with violence like this boy did so no great surprise that they haven't slaughtered me yet.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma
These R-Rated games act as catalysts to underlying conditions with these teenagers. Reminds of the kid who acted crazy when his folks canceled his War of Warcraft game account.

Holy Sh!t !!!!

Is that real? Or was this some kinda joke? It looked pretty real.

Let me just say, if I had ever witnessed one of my kids behave in such a way, I would call an ambulance to our home and have them promptly committed to the best psych ward in the metroplex. I can not even comprehend such a maniacal outburst. My parents would have simply beat my @ss down in a heartbeat, but I would have never had the balls to act like that in their home. WTF is in the water these days? Mutant children indeed!

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by B1rd1nFL1ghT

It's the whole new-wave "namby pamby" idea of how to raise kids, completely ignoring the methods used on us, and for hundreds of years. No spanking, and if you do, you can be charged with child abuse (and the kids know it). The state took the power from parents and gave it to kids.

Gretchen Crooks was shot over 20 times. Her pajama top had been undone and she was naked from the waist down. After the boy killed his mother, he texted his dad to confess that he'd killed his mother "accidentally."

I hate it when I "accidentally" shoot someone over 20 times.....

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by B1rd1nFL1ghT

Even if it were a hoax as purported by a few posters, I would still be dragging my kid in for a full psych evaluation for behaving like that and posting it on youtube, no less. Apparently, the kid in the video made a number of "freak out" videos. Zero freaking dignity. Kid has serious issues, regardless of staged or not and thanks to youtube, we can witness the full questionable glory of absolutely repugnant behavior. Staged or not, the kid is still mental because at the end of the day, he freaking stuck a remote up his butt for youtube in the first video...and does stuff like this in other videos:

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I'd still blame the parents.

In this case, the Dad more severely than the Mom.

What kind of parenting it is that you tell your boy "Just push her over a grove"? Even if it's only a joke.

Remember, if the Dad can joke about this, imagine what he jokes about with his son on a daily basis??

Trust me, as Asians have a saying, you can't clap with one hand.

Plus, crazy people are generally not born that way, unless it's a natural defect or something. But it's mostly influences that makes them snap.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

I'd say you are being trolled

www.youtube.com...

I mean cmon they are selling t-shirts.
edit on 6-5-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

You are correct! If a parent spanks their child these days, they are shamed by the community and potentially at risk for an investigation. But that kid was in need of some serious medical help. He's far beyond the @ss beating stage.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

I'd say you are being trolled

www.youtube.com...

I mean cmon they are selling t-shirts.

You misunderstood me completely. I probably wasn't clear (sleep deprived today). The likelihood is as purported--hoax. However, as a parent, if I caught my kids making videos like this and putting them up on youtube, I'd still take them in for a full psych evaluation--pretending or no. Hence why I said "zero freaking dignity". Parents should be ashamed at their brats acting like that for what...youtube views? It's called having a sense of honor and dignity so in my book, even if the freak out videos are a hoax both boys still have serious issues. That clear that up?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I'd say their issue is they wanted to be youtube famous, they've 27 freak out videos. Main one with over 71 million views.

That equates to some $$$

a total of over 320 million video views.

Kids do crazy things.

And these kids are selling this stuff on itunes lol props to them.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

A very sick and troubled person; this news is very disturbing. I am just thinking that when someone says they want to kill someone else; people need to pay attention and not think it is a joke.

His life is over in the free world; he'll do life in prison. What a waste of a life.

I am also wondering...what family secrets there may be...that have not been and may never be revealed.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Only if they monetized it. No ads = no monetizing = no money from views. Hope they are selling a whole lot of tshirts because honestly, what they aren't thinking about is that someday, their potential future employer could see those videos and say "uhhhh, no".

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

His life is over in the free world; he'll do life in prison. What a waste of a life.

I doubt it. My guess is they put him in a psychiatric prison, then release him in 5-10 during budget cuts.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by caladonea

I doubt it. My guess is they put him in a psychiatric prison, then release him in 5-10 during budget cuts.

Seriously...why?

I am thinking if what you say does happen...what will society have...another (Norman Bates) on their hands?

I'm just saying.

edit on 6-5-2013 by caladonea because: add more

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Ok, please take a look at this video and tell me who we should blame.

Blame the kids? For coming out of their womb acting like this?

Or do we blame the parents?

Please pay attention to how most of the parents are reacting on the show. They are acting as if they themselves are the victim.

Pay specially close to one of the African American lady, where every time her daughter threatens her or cuss at her, she gets so scared. Oh my, it's as if when the kid says: "I'm going to kill you!!" The Mom actually believes it and is truly afraid of a midget.

It's sad really, that in this society of ours, as long as you have $$$, you have a penis and a vagina, you're basically qualified to become a parent.

Perhaps now it's time for parents that wants to have children to take a test. To see, if they're really psychologically fit to become parents.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker84
I'd still blame the parents.

In this case, the Dad more severely than the Mom.

What kind of parenting it is that you tell your boy "Just push her over a grove"? Even if it's only a joke.

Remember, if the Dad can joke about this, imagine what he jokes about with his son on a daily basis??

Trust me, as Asians have a saying, you can't clap with one hand.

Plus, crazy people are generally not born that way, unless it's a natural defect or something. But it's mostly influences that makes them snap.
I joke with my kid all the time --- he's currently 20, has a bright future ahead of him; he's talented, charismatic and extremely witty! I love his sense of humor - and there have been times where we both have said something rather dark - but guess what, it's our sense of humor that allows us to know when we're joking about something!

In all my years on this planet, I don't think I've ever had an ill or sadistic thought to wish harm or death on anyone, and I sure as HE77 can speak for my son on this one as well. Just because we may make certain wise-cracks in a dark sense of humor, doesn't mean we're natural born killers!

Some people can take a shot of tequila and it will have no effect on them whatsoever, whereas another person will take that same shot, and it'll give 'em a decent buzz.

I'm gonna pray to Allah, Buddha or Baby Jesus that you're not a Psyche Major... because you're seriously off the mark by ID'ing this kid's schema the way you just did.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

There has been a long string of young men committing this type of murder. We had one in our own town and it was the son of a very kind, gentle woman her daughter works for us. There was nothing wrong and no problem at all with the kid, but he killed a friend and then sat down and ate breakfast as the body lay there.

Last year a boy killed his father and his fathers friend, I think he was 11-12. he said he was never abused and just like everyone thought, the dad was a great father and loved him.

The one thing I keep seeing in common is they say "I don't know why". In the case of the boy in our town, years in a psychiatric hospital never changed that, he simply does not know why he did it.

If you believe in demons it seems the only possible explanation as the children all seem to be sane and yet they do horrendous acts and then seem surprised themselves.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
This whole thread is so disturbing, from the OP's original story to the subsequent videos throughout the thread. Perhaps I'm living in the "Twilight Zone".......anyone remember this one?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

edit on 6-5-2013 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join