It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy tries to rape mom, kills her, over Call of Duty ban.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   

"I’m not joking at all. She’s dead. I’m scared. I killed my mom with my .22. I don’t know why I did it," confessed Crooks in a 911 call after the act. "I feel crazy and I know I'm not. I think I have some form of ADD.

"I tried to rape her. I tried to rape her but I couldn't do it. Who tries to rape their own mom? My life is down the drain now."

Gretchen Crooks was shot over 20 times. Her pajama top had been undone and she was naked from the waist down. After the boy killed his mother, he texted his dad to confess that he'd killed his mother "accidentally." The father, thinking his son was joking, joshingly responded by telling him to "throw her in the grove."

According to the father, the mother and son would fight often, but would make up and play videogames together. Noah did once say he wanted to kill his mother, but the father didn't take it too seriously.

www.destructoid.com...

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I... I'm not even sure what to say, I feel sickened by reading this. To murder your own mother and then to attempt to rape her all out of rage stemming from not being able to play some god damn call of duty? It's just next level sick. Wasn't like she was some crazy abusive mother. Just a psychotic minded child. Blame the ADD? eh.

What a horrible tragic situation. It's the kind of story that makes me feel hollowed out inside.

If only he knew the feeling of his remorse before he did what had... Blinded by unfounded rage....

Makes you feel sick.

“Tell them my weapon is empty. I just wish it was a dream so I could wake up and I could kiss her and hug her.”

He said his mother made homemade doughnuts for him that night and he couldn’t believe he killed her after she did that for him.

Crooks continued talking about playing the violent video game, “Call of Duty.” He told the dispatcher his mother took away the game because he got some bad grades.

“Something just came over me,” he said.

Jury listens to 911 tape
edit on 6-5-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Whoa, the title gave me a surprise. Who would kill their own mother over a game? Better yet, who would kill their own mother? And he even tried to rape her.

Boy, that is one sick kid.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I would not blame the video game here. Lets blame the parents for buying him the R rated game.

His dad should of had a serious talks on his thought of killing his mum also and investigated that thought.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

What a horrible tragic situation. It's the kind of story that makes me feel hollowed out inside.

Spend enough time covering the Boston stories and you will be just as empty. Yep this story does it too... I need a break from the world for a few weeks, months maybe.

+3 more 
posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by amraks
I would not blame the video game here. Lets blame the parents for buying him the R rated game.

His dad should of had a serious talks on his thought of killing his mum also and investigated that thought.

No where in COD does it have people raping their mom's. This isn't about an R rated game, clearly.

+1 more 
posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Take the kid out and put him down like a mad dog. It would be a waste of time and money to do anything else with him.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Yep. It's clearly the mother's own fault she got [almost] raped and killed by her son.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

No where in COD does it have people raping their mom's. This isn't about an R rated game, clearly.

Hey but I would imagine they will try pin their fingers at the game like they always do.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nevertheless

Yep. It's clearly the mother's own fault she got [almost] raped and killed by her son.

What else was they buying him or letting him see to have this mentality.

They mention the actual name of the game for a reason. if it was something like Frogger they wouldn't of bothered.
edit on 6-5-2013 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   

What else was they buying him or letting him see to have this mentality

Rape-videos, probably. Also telling him that they wished it to be his professional career.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   

What else was they buying him or letting him see to have this mentality

Rape-videos, probably. Also telling him that they wished it to be his professional career.

no need to be a Smart Alec Troll.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   

terrible.

maybe the violent games affected him ?

dreadful.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz

terrible.

dreadful.

This is what I am talking about you will blame video games.

But these video games have ratings on them, his parents bought them games for him. violet video games never affected him his parents affected him by letting his little mind play the game rated above his age limit.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz

terrible.

dreadful.

I don't care for that crowd of people(the type who try everything in their might to find fault other than in the person at fault).

The sad and terrifying reality is, some people are just born evil. I think more then we would ever like to admit or imagine are born evil, and prone to evil.

+2 more 
posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I think everyone should take a second to understand that a kid who would attempt to rape and then kill his own mother, over ANTYING, would have done so, over ANYTHING.

There seems to be a horrific issue of anger management and basic brain function taking place in teenage kids, mostly in the us. I don't hear a lot of these cases from canada or the UK, but I actually had to read this one a few times to make sure it wasn't one of the several other I've already heard about.

The game didn't make the kid do this. His inability to deal with having something taken away from him, IE. basic discipline, made him do it. He would have found a reason eventually to snap and kill someone.

Don't blame the game, and don't blame the gun.

Blame the kid and his access to a gun while clearly having some type of metal health issues, and no, I'm not saying and current or proposed "gun control" could have avoided this. This is the problem with guns, no matter what, people like this idiot will always have access to them.

+1 more 
posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by amraks

This is what I am talking about you will blame video games. But these video games have ratings on them, his parents bought them games for him. violet video games never affected him his parents affected him by letting his little mind play the game rated above his age limit.

I have played violent video games since they existed. I have been watching violent movies and television since I was old enough to sit up and stare in a particular direction.

the number of corpses left in my bloody wake is, currently: ZERO.

If videos games affected children behavior we'd all be running around dark neon lighted rooms munching little pills listening to repetitive techno music.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by amraks

wow... I am not blaming the games. I asked the question.

thanks

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Why can't he just be a #ed up kid who was born wrong in the head? It's so easy to blame the video games, while hundreds of millions of kids play violent video games every day without ever dreaming of killing their mothers. How do you account for that?

Blaming video games is such an easy, knee-jerk reaction akin to, in past generations, when parents would blame music, TV, movies and the like for their kids messed up behavior.

+18 more 
posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Why is that that the real problem, the elephant in the room, always gets ignored??? The real issue here, IMO, is the shameless state of mental health in this country. The way it is stigmatized, patched over, ignored, serviced with a for profit prison system instead of a freely accessible mental healthcare system, and treated like we're discussing lepers rather than regular human beings with problems?

This kid was obviously troubled and I would be willing to bet that he showed warning signs before this act happened... but it is "normal" for us to gloss over the warning signs and to ignore red flags because we're more worried about kids like this getting labelled or tossed onto damn Prozac than we are about solving problems or treating the sick in a responsible and caring manner.

Now this kid will end up in prison forever or being put down like a dog. I wonder if avoiding the cost of care and public stigma seem worth it now?

We've got to begin addressing these issues. The world is getting more and more stressful and demanding - even for kids... and the cases of people just snapping are becoming more and more commonplace. It's a shame... a true shame.
edit on 5/6/13 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join