It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Britons "In Retreat" from Minority areas

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by destination now
reply to post by buddhasystem

In the last five hundred years, the main issue is protestant or catholic....

Oh yeah, I can imagine. What I was saying is that the very mention of a clan hit me about the head as a sledgehammer. It was in Inverness in Scotland. It was a bit too, erm, visceral.

And to this day many things can be deduced about a person merely by asking what school they went to..not a class thing

The "class thing" exists everywhere and is easier for people to comprehend...

I am glad that the religion I grew up with (and was allowed to discard without fear of reprisal) was one of forgiveness, compromise and understanding

Oh I see, you practiced Buddhism. Congratulations.

Yes, I know the class thing exists everywhere, but that was not what I was referring to, the children in the denominational schools and the secular schools all came from various social backgrounds, but even when they came from the same social background they were still differentiated by what school they went to in terms of religion.

And no, I didn't practice Buddhism...just standard Church of Scotland, the difference from the Catholic church being that we didn't have to say 100 Hail Mary's or confess our sins etc. Also Church of Scotland has no issues with contraception, eating meat on a Friday or whatever other daft nonsense...

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
This is SUCH a misleading thread title, maybe a very " few" or minority is retreating usually white supremacists Id imagine.

Otherwise everyone is mixing along just fine .
What a bubble the op lives in and sadly. I hope Americans dont actually believe this retric and nonsense.
edit on 12-5-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered
This is SUCH a misleading thread title, maybe a very " few" or minority is retreating usually white supremacists Id imagine.

What a bubble the op lives in and sadly. I hope Americans dont actually believe this retric and nonsense.
edit on 12-5-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

The thread title was taken directly from the headline of the source article...

And I don't live in a bubble, and who cares what Americans think...and what exactly is "retric"?

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   

I think you have got yourself confused. This is a real phenomenon in the UK and no, it's not "white supremacists" as we have so few of these and most are poorly-educated morons who are actually likely to be the ones left behind in these area's.

Are they now?

Pot, kettle? He/she is not in a bubble - there is a long standing (and growing) concern of most British people about immigration and not just whites, but other immigrant groups who have integrated over the years, such as Indians or Caribbean families. Besides, why are you mentioning America in this? It has nothing to do with America or Americans... Me thinks you are confused, ironic considering you lambasted the OP's thread title.

British people, on the whole, don't object to immigration per se, but it's the level of such we've seen over the past 15 years or so that has us worried. There is only a finite amount of homes, jobs and money - we shouldn't be the dumping ground of Europe, or indeed the world.
edit on 12/5/13 by stumason because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join