It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Citizen Hearing on UFO Disclosure (complete video series within)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by freelance_zenarchist

Sounds like he conned some wealthy, old benefactor into funding his new documentary Truth Embargo.

Exactly.

That's all that it's about. Making money.

It's amazing that people still fall for it and think some great revelation is going to unfold.

Same happened with Thrive and Sirius - valueless pseudo-information and lies sold to the gullible.

Parting fools from their money has never been easier!

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
its over right ?

has it resulted in anything we can use ?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheniks
its over right ?

has it resulted in anything we can use ?

$20,000 apiece for the retired congress panel.

$?000 for the witnesses

$?000 and publicity for the panel of "experts".

$?0000 for the organisers.

Short-lived thrills for the shills and "sheeple"

Nothing at all for we the people.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by torsion

I agree. They just talked a bit about there experiences, took some money, got some unusual looks, and confused some minds

No disclosure.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
This is starting to get some good press.
www.nytimes.com...

This isn't all about making money. The panel had to be paid otherwise they wouldn't have been able to get a panel at all. This is about the truth and getting the truth out there. If you think you can change the world with any money or put on an event like this without any money you're pretty naive.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Impodog

This isn't all about making money.

Of course it is.

The panel had to be paid otherwise they wouldn't have been able to get a panel at all.

Exactly. They wanted to make some money. So too the witnesses, experts and organisers. None of them would have done it for free.

This is about the truth and getting the truth out there.

It has nothing to do with the truth. It has a lot to do with speculation, misunderstandings, hoaxes, theories and many lies, unfortunately. Oh, and making money!

If you think you can change the world with any money or put on an event like this without any money you're pretty naive.

Tell me exactly how the world has changed now the event is over...
edit on 7-5-2013 by torsion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
So, finally, Dr. (
) Greer has been outed as the 'roid abusing scam artist we all know he is! WOOT!

edit on 7-5-2013 by Dumbspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by torsion

Originally posted by freelance_zenarchist

Sounds like he conned some wealthy, old benefactor into funding his new documentary Truth Embargo.

Exactly.

That's all that it's about. Making money.

It's amazing that people still fall for it and think some great revelation is going to unfold.

Same happened with Thrive and Sirius - valueless pseudo-information and lies sold to the gullible.

Parting fools from their money has never been easier!

This, +1000. Couldn't have said it any better myself

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I paid $3.80 and watched the whole five days, which I thought was brilliant.
This is not all about money....if it was, they could have easily have charged more than $3.80 for the live stream.

Some people seem to want stuff for free all the time.
These things cost money and if anyone has watched all of the hearings, they should see it was worth it.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by torsion

this member named torsion, torsions mission is to equate the disclosure movement with money...

lol

I ask anyone to go to his profile and track/check all of his posts.

thank you
edit on 7-5-2013 by cornucopia because: added a word

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Nice article with interviews with the members

'Former congress members impressed with UFO testimony'

www....(nolink)/former-congress-members-impressed-with-ufo-testimony-1006/

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by lambros56
I paid $3.80 and watched the whole five days, which I thought was brilliant.
This is not all about money....if it was, they could have easily have charged more than $3.80 for the live stream.

It's true that $3.80 is not a lot. But times it by 10,000 or 100,000 or 1,000,000 paying on line viewers and it becomes all about the money.

Don't forget that Bassett had a benefactor pay the costs of the event and appearance fees. The retired congress people wanted $20,000 each. The many multiples of $3.80 were an added bonus for the organisers.

Don't know how much Greer was paid to attend. Further, I don't know why Greer didn't show them his moth photo, or offer them a ride in an invisible flying saucer. Indeed, why is he asking for government disclosure when he claims to have the power to vector in the ETs! Why didn't he vector the ET Ambassador into the conference in front of the press instead of ramble on about some document in a document in a document he'd read?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Whatever the truth of the matter is, the public attention that the event is gathering is positive as the important thing is not whether or not all of the information in the testimonies is accurate, but that the information is made public for everyone to take part of, either by paying a small fee or watching it for free on YouTube, allowing each of us to make our own conclusions based on the information that is provided.

If the testimonies are both accurate and correct remains to be seen if the truth embargo ever is lifted and full disclosure eventually takes place.

As for now, appreciate and make use of the opportunity to watch the event for free on YouTube and hope that people begin to dare to talk about ufology publicly instead of being afraid of being both ridiculed and scrutinized, as the subject itself is absolutely the complete opposite of being silly. In essence, the question of whether or not we are completely alone in the Universe is perhaps the most important issue of the history of Mankind, and just conversating about the subject makes people somewhat more humble and thoughtful, at least.

I haven't had time to watch all of the testimonies yet, but so far the majority of information has been brought forward in a professional and scientific manner, despite some of it being somewhat alien to established and accepted sciences.

But that is to be expected and should not be ignored completely, until it has been proven to be completely impossible, which is highly doubtful as we are constanly making progress and new discoveries in all fields of science.

The truth may be much stranger than fiction. Keeping an open, but critical mind is crucial when taking an interest in ufology.

Some people are more credible than others, but just because one of them isn't or haven't been previously, doesn't make the rest of them not worth paying attention to.

And, despite the significance of the event, to a lot of people's dismay; the event itself will probably and most likely not cause full disclosure. But, it is a step in the right direction, hopefully.
edit on 7-5-2013 by ABeing because: Added paragraphs.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by lambros56

This reminds me of 'salami scams': you steal a very small amount from a large population and no idividual gives a dang and lives with his loss. After all, who'd go to court to get back $ 3,80...

Conmen are very good at finding the sweet spot between willingness to pay and amount to pay. Say that 100.000 people would be interested in seeing the stream. Of those 100.000, how many would be prepared to pay 90 bucks to see it? I guess just a few, let's assume 100. That would bring 9000 dollars (minus expenses). How many would be prepared to pay 10 bucks? I guess, a few more, let's say 1000, which would earn you 10.000 dollars. Now, say we'd ask 3-4 bucks.. that's almost nothing. So, probably at least 30.000 people would be prepared to pay that small amount. And you'll end up with 114.000 dollars. Totally legal.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Dear NarcoBud (!). Greetings from the barren wastelands of Sweden.
Thankzaheap for the link. Been longing to hear/watch this. Take care.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Greer said that the admiral or whatever in France, told him that the radar tracked objects above their location , traveling between 100.000 km/h and 200.000 km/h.
Can a radar actually track such speeds and give them out as output ?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by torsion

Fair enough. But can you cite an example where an event wasn't "all about the money?" Everything in some way, shape, or form is going to be about money. Money will always be a factor. It's just the way things are. I'm not really sure what you're trying to prove here.

edit on 7-5-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
After being a life long believer in UFO`s etc I have only just started looking into Dr. Steven Greer, mostly because of the release of Sirius. He really does seem to to have a lot of credibility not only in the UFO information circle but also in the U.S black ops world, so, thank you OP for posting the links to this very well spoken hearing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join