It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Citizen Hearing on UFO Disclosure (complete video series within)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

Originally posted by abeverage
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

For a stipend of $20,000, six former members of Congress are sitting at the National Press ClubText

www.washingtonpost.com...

Sure for a fee will sit down and listen to theories doesn't mean we will do a damn thing about them or believe you is what $20,000 gets you...Basically a Congress star appearance...

edit on 6-5-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

Thanks for sharing your interpretation of this event. I'm inclined to agree with you actually, but still think it's important stuff and needs to be available. It's still another inch of ground fought for, eh?
edit on 6-5-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

I actually believe Disclosure has been going on for years, through various forms of media for at least the past 50-60 years and possibly even the past 100. What this actually means I cannot determine yet. But I do know that full disclosure will never happen until a large percentage of the world believes in Extraterrestrial life and is accepting to it.

When there is actual contact with a large portion of the population via a signal or the landing on the white house lawn type scenario, that will indeed be the full disclosure. And personally I believe that is going to cause a huge backlash if they admit there was prior knowledge as to the secrecy and misinformation.

But I also believe there is a lot of money to be made off this topic...

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
If anything, the essential question of the matter regarding whether or not we are alone as intelligent organisms in the Universe, is a subject that is not only important to discuss in public, but perhaps even a topic that only needs to be approached to bring about a global social change and paradigm shift, if brought up in schools, in homes, on the streets, among governments and in the media.

I tend to think that one too many times, people fail to recognize the significance of this matter, as it often causes an unprecidented spark of curiosity, ingenuity and creativity among individuals, which could potentially lead to amazing scientific discoveries and technological advancements; if only people are willing to be more open-minded and consider the numbers regarding the amount of galaxies, stars and planets that scientist estimate to exist in the observable Universe.

Perhaps, it is time that people start looking at things from the perspective that we may in fact NOT be alone in the galaxy, much less the Universe; instead of doing the opposite.

I thoroughly enjoy watching and listening to the videos posted. It certainly is thought provoking and broadens one's perspective.
edit on 6-5-2013 by ABeing because: Added paragraph.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
You have to respect the effort and work that went into this event. I am just curious where did they get the money to pull this off? There's no money in ufology. But this wasn't a tiny little UFO convention in some high school gym.

At a minimum, they spent 120,000 on 6 former congressmen. I don't know how much it costs to rent a room in the National Press Club for four days, but it's got to be more than your average convention hall. Plus all those witnesses being flown out and put in hotels, did they come on their own money?

I would guess the whole thing cost 200k, maybe even 250k. Who paid for that? It wasn't random UFO buffs, that's for sure.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I have to say the part about the missing TRILLIONS is something this WHOLE NATION should be concerned about.

I believe we are in a time when there are parts of the US that are accountable to no one and have zero congressional oversight and may even be above many parts of the military, yet use our taxes for funding R&D or operations.

If that is true and the accusations that even the Secretary of Defense is unaware of the black hole of budgets that could pay for Obama care well then Aliens or Hoaxes there is a precedence being made to some accountability to the Military of this Nation!

I do also believe that technology that could give us Independence from Oil is also withheld because of control and greed. I may not agree that this is reverse engineered technology but I do believe it is something that should be shared with all of humanity. It could be that this tech will completely change the power structure and dynamics already in place which is the biggest reason it will not see the light of day without drastic changes...

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

I do also believe that technology that could give us Independence from Oil is also withheld because of control and greed. I may not agree that this is reverse engineered technology but I do believe it is something that should be shared with all of humanity. It could be that this tech will completely change the power structure and dynamics already in place which is the biggest reason it will not see the light of day without drastic changes...

Unfortunately, I have to agree but I believe there are other factors playing a role in the matter, perhaps the most significant one being the currently existing cultural paradigms.
If the extraterrestrial presence suddenly would become reality beyond any reasonable doubt, not only would it have immense scientific implications, but the social infrastructure would probably come to a stand-still, the economy would become extremely chaotic and risk collapsing completely, people would be raining down on the world governments and last but not least, religious establishments and cultures, not all but some, would have to try to defend their belief systems somehow and this could potentially lead to confrontations between the various factions of both religion and other world-views.

I actually think that someone, or some people, have put a great amount of thought into this and how disclosure should happen as they probably would have reached the conclusion that the consequences and potential social ramafications sudden disclosure could bring about, could be too much for our society, at this point, to handle.

Desentizing the public prior to disclosure might actually be the only way to proceed with this issue.

But, capitalism and political power are without a doubt two major factors, if not, the biggest ones.
edit on 6-5-2013 by ABeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicorette
You have to respect the effort and work that went into this event. I am just curious where did they get the money to pull this off? There's no money in ufology. But this wasn't a tiny little UFO convention in some high school gym.

At a minimum, they spent 120,000 on 6 former congressmen. I don't know how much it costs to rent a room in the National Press Club for four days, but it's got to be more than your average convention hall. Plus all those witnesses being flown out and put in hotels, did they come on their own money?

I would guess the whole thing cost 200k, maybe even 250k. Who paid for that? It wasn't random UFO buffs, that's for sure.

Lolz, no it was 'nonrandom' UFO buffs. Greer's site and (I believe, may be wrong) the Paradigm Research Group were asking for money starting last year to make the Sirius movie; and the video from the Committee Hearing will be made into a movie to be released this fall, hopefully to full theater distribution. They've already had meetings with the people at Sundance, etc. As far as the Congressional hearing costs, I believe an anonymous benefactor paid for most of it, described as someone who 'wanted the truth out'. Could be anybody, in other words. For all the debunkers whining about how Greer keeps dropping the names of famous people, it's obvious he has some high-level contacts, which means money.

There was also money raised from sales of Sirius which came out just a week earlier and the 4 bucks it cost to stream the hearings live times tens of thousands of viewers world-wide. The video went out live in both English and Spanish and will be published in several other languages as well including Mandarin and (IIRC) Hindi which means it will cover a good third of the world's languages. It was well worth it for me, I enjoyed it immensely and being retired, had the time. I loved watching the Congresscritters slowly getting a clue.

I haven't checked the links yet but hopefully they include the evening lectures; Dolan's was a highlight (the man is really quite angry at both the depths of the secrecy and the depravity of our current govt.) and Linda Moultan Howe's talk had some new to me stuff. I even liked Stanton Friedman's presentation and he usually gets on my nerves.

Thanks for posting, OP!

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

I believe wholeheartedly that everything that you have mentioned should be of concern for all people, and I see it this way, this type of presentation can open new doors and new eyes to alot of what many dont get a chance to see and or hear, whether you firmly believe in UFO, ET, etc,. there WILL be other questions raised.

Whether a fan of those making the presentations, those that are on the panel, or the guy in the first rows tie, sometimes we as people have a tendency to close our eyes or are blinded by choosing to be on the side of one part or another.

This has a bit of everything.... we have the military, documents, cover-ups, all the alphabet agencies, missing money, secret meetings, high ranking officials going back as far as 60 yrs until today. If for any other reason, this truly has something for everyone.

I am currently on the 5th video, and I came into the documentary thinking this was going to be all about little green men, with drawn pictures that look like 2 yr old drew them, and I am surprised, and delighted that I took the time to open my mind, and that ATS members have taken time to share and be part of whether you or I know it, this is a part of history.

Peace, NRE.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicorette

Stephen Bassett of Paradigm Research Group organized the event.

The event will cost upward of $600,000, he said, including fees of $20,000 to each of the former members, making it the biggest event the group has held (it’s hosted other news conferences around Washington, including a 2007 one aimed at pressing presidential candidates to support government disclosure of UFO sightings).

Why the push now? Bassett says there’s growing pressure on the U.S. government to open up about what it knows, and all advocates need is a “critical mass event” like the hearing to push them and the mainstream media. And there’s a generous private (and so far unnamed) donor willing to foot the bill.

www.washingtonpost.com... 12/55b80866-a383-11e2-9c03-6952ff305f35_blog.html

Sounds like he conned some wealthy, old benefactor into funding his new documentary Truth Embargo.

The Citizen Hearing on Disclosure will form the basis for a documentary to be produced by Just Cause Entertainment. Truth Embargo will have the necessary scope and production values to warrant theatrical distribution.

www.citizenhearing.org...

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ABeing

You may be right, that the secrecy is as much a KNOWING on the part of the black budget ops people that we couldn't handle the truth. There's more than a bit of chatter that some of what's being kept from us is pretty horrific (like where some of the thousands of missing children every year really end up...).

I also sometimes wonder what would happen if everyone had free unlimited energy. This is tantamount to giving every crazy in every town a bomb, if you get right down to it. How do you control people when everyone has uncontrolled power? We need to be much more advanced spiritually and in every other way as a society before that will be a safe scenario.

In any event, look into Richard Dolan's hypothesis of a 'Breakaway Civilization'. I think he's really onto something with that, and it certainly explains where the money went.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Thanks for all the wonderful comments and meaningful, insightful posts! I don't normally do this, but I'd really like to see this thread get the attention it justly deserves.

This is our chance to help these videos find a larger audience.

Please flag the thread if you haven't already (if you agree, that is.)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

Thank you for the tip, I will look into that as soon as I have more time on my hands.

Regarding potentially horrific truths about the reality, this is in my opinion where the issue lies.
Depending on each individual's paradigm, presuming and assuming that the truth is stranger than fiction, if an individual lives by the perception that all extraterrestrials would be or are malevolent in nature, that life has no purpose and that there is no value to the experience of conscious existence at all; for people living with such a dire view of the world, disclosure may be a sign of the end of times or a sign that it suddenly is a global free-for-all and fight for survival, with no expectations of benevolence from either their neighbors nor the extraterrestrials.

It all comes down to what the person bases his/her belief system upon.
If one is of the abrahamaic religions and follows the modern doctrines, then any and all extraterrestrial presences would probably be met with fear and aggression.
If one is either spiritual or agnostic, then it all depends on the initial individual impression and reaction.
And if one is atheistic.. I cannot comment on that as atheism is a vague term at best and means different things to different people, but I would presume it would be much like the experience for the spiritually and agnostically aligned person.

I really dislike generalizing. I mean no ill intent towards anyone regardless of their paradigm.
I consider myself a science grounded, spiritually aligned, philosophically and theologically (but not religiously) oriented person. Whatever category that puts me in.

I am a little drowsy as it is getting rather late over here, but I hope my point came across.

Right now, as the tension in the world is arguably quite high; disclosure may not be such a good idea at this point, or it could be inevitable and we will have to see what happens.
edit on 6-5-2013 by ABeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

That's what I was waiting for, thanks for sharing.

I've been thinking about all the people talking about encounters and witnesses and WHY would they all say lies with aliens - all in the name of some military technology? This is unrealistic, claiming that every single witness, person from civilian to a pilot or military, talks about his encounter ONLY to disinfo people into thinking there are aliens whereas it is all about military technology/

No military technology requires so much cover-up, it's like they went over the edge in overprotectiveness. And I haven't seen enough documents (IF ANY) from ANY WHISLEBLOWERS that say - We created these stories only to hide our military technology from people - where is the evidence for such cases? It's even less than the accounts of alien encounters?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Star and flag for you. I watched the first video and the witnesses seem very genuine and credible. I know the people will be out in force to try and tear this disclosure thing down, the only way they know how, by saying everyone is crazy. I hate it when the only argument they can come up with is that one.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Thanks for posting this Op! I've been waiting to watch the videos on this conference.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by freelance_zenarchist
reply to post by Nicorette

Stephen Bassett of Paradigm Research Group organized the event.

Sounds like he conned some wealthy, old benefactor into funding his new documentary Truth Embargo.

Why would you think he "conned" some old benefactor into funding it? Some people could actually believe in their cause. I don't mean to sound agitated but funding is a necessity for these types of things. The majority of ATS rag on the likes of Stephen Greer for being money-hungry, but the first couple videos show that he is very well educated on the subjects they are introducing to the committee. Obviously, he plugs his own projects quite a bit but nothing will be receive recognition or be promoted without proper funding. It's just how the world works these days.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Good stuff, aside from Earthfiles Howe lol.

On part 2 now... Greer can't sit still while Sheehan talks lol.

yeah that howe lady is a plant by the powers that were...

i know because her agenda is about the greys being evil or behind the cattle mutilations....

i cant get into it now because i have to go, but it was shadow ops behind the cattle mutes...

then blamed on ET...

very clever, lol

but thankfully we have intuition aka our connection to the Source/Truth...

oh and brothers and sisters in the know who shared this info with all

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by cornucopia

Originally posted by Lysergic
Good stuff, aside from Earthfiles Howe lol.

On part 2 now... Greer can't sit still while Sheehan talks lol.

yeah that howe lady is a plant by the powers that were...

i know because her agenda is about the greys being evil or behind the cattle mutilations....

i cant get into it now because i have to go, but it was shadow ops behind the cattle mutes...

then blamed on ET...

very clever, lol

but thankfully we have intuition aka our connection to the Source/Truth...

oh and brothers and sisters in the know who shared this info with all

her testimony was a bit on this side of condemning the ETs as malevolent and she was the perfect stereotype of "animals are being murdered!!!" hippie that everyone loves to laugh at hahaha. but her evidence on the laser-based technology incisions to the committee was actually pretty good. Hopefully the good outweighed the hilarious faults

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
with the amount of times she testified on many different panels, it's highly doubtful she would have planted by "the powers that were." Stephen Bassett organized it, obviously overlooking what material would be presented, so it's very unlikely she would have been able to do anything disastrous

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Tenacious8

hey believe what you want, but she doesn't know the whole truth...

or she is a shill.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I have modified cornucopia's post to include the most recently updated videos. They are still in descending order and the new vids will be at the end of the quote:

Originally posted by cornucopia
thank you for sharing the whole video..
hopefully we can get the whole hearing up in here on the first page

please, thank you

I got em up in order, ok no embed or will slow the page down, good call

hugs

Citizen Hearing on UFO Disclosure April 29th, 2013 - pt2
www.youtube.com...

Citizen Hearing on UFO Disclosure April 29th, 2013 pt3
www.youtube.com...

Citizen Hearing on UFO Disclosure April 29th, 2013 pt4
www.youtube.com...

Citizen Hearing on UFO Disclosure April 30th, 2013 pt1
www.youtube.com...

Citizen Hearing on UFO Disclosure April 30th, 2013 pt2
www.youtube.com...

Citizen Hearing on UFO Disclosure April 30th, 2013 pt3
www.youtube.com...

Citizen Hearing on UFO Disclosure April 30th, 2013 pt4
www.youtube.com...

Citizen Hearing on UFO Disclosure April 30th, 2013 pt5
www.youtube.com...

Citizen Hearing on UFO Disclosure May 1st, 2013 pt1
www.youtube.com...

Citizen Hearing on UFO Disclosure May 1st, 2013 pt2
www.youtube.com...

Citizen Hearing on UFO Disclosure May 1st, 2013 pt3
www.youtube.com...

Citizen Hearing on UFO Disclosure May 2nd, 2013 pt1
www.youtube.com...

Citizen Hearing on UFO Disclosure May 2nd, 2013 pt2
www.youtube.com...

Citizen Hearing on UFO Disclosure May 2nd, 2013 pt3
www.youtube.com...

Citizen Hearing on UFO Disclosure May 2nd, 2013 pt4
www.youtube.com...

Citizen Hearing on UFO Disclosure May 3rd, 2013 Part 1A
www.youtube.com...

Citizen Hearing on UFO Disclosure May 3rd, 2013 Part 1B
www.youtube.com...

May 3rd, 2013 Part 2
www.youtube.com...

May 3rd, 2013 Part 3
www.youtube.com...

May 3rd, 2013 Part 4
www.youtube.com...

May 3rd, 2013 Part 5
www.youtube.com...

The uploader has begun uploading the "night lectures" as well:

Night Lectures - April 30th, 2013 pt1
www.youtube.com...

Night Lectures - April 30th, 2013 pt2
www.youtube.com...

April 29th 2013 Night Lectures (Steven M. Greer)
www.youtube.com...

May 1st, 2013 Night Lectures (Stanton Friedman) Part 1
www.youtube.com...

May 1st, 2013 Night Lectures Part 2
www.youtube.com...

May 2nd, 2013 Night Lectures pt1
www.youtube.com...

May 2nd, 2013 Night Lectures pt2
www.youtube.com...

edit on 7-5-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join