It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You received a 500 point bonus ... and?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   

A member of the forum staff, [SNIP] , has applauded your activity on this thread titled, [SNIP]. Thank you for contributing to the quality of our forums. You received a 500 point bonus, keep up the good work. Do not reply to this U2U.

So I've received a fair few of these if I remember correctly, but I'm not sure what they do, where I can see them on my profile. ?
edit on 6-5-2013 by ZeuZZ because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2013 by Gemwolf because: Removed identifying items in message. Remember that personal messages may not be posted in public threads.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeuZZ

Click "Profile" on the ribbon at the bottom of the screen, let your profile load, scroll down a bit, while watching the left side of the screen - and look for the line that says "applauses". That will tell you how many you've gotten.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeuZZ

I'm not sure what they do either
.....but you've got 17,608, you can see them when you click on your profile

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeuZZ

A member of the forum staff, Kandinsky, has applauded your activity on this thread titled, Neil DeGrasse Tyson - Best point ever made on childrens ambitions lost by parenting and testing. Thank you for contributing to the quality of our forums. You received a 500 point bonus, keep up the good work. Do not reply to this U2U.

So I've received a fair few of these if I remember correctly, but I'm not sure what they do, where I can see them on my profile. ?
edit on 6-5-2013 by ZeuZZ because: (no reason given)

Below your avatar on the right... see p:537... that's your points..

But looking at your points I would say you haven't had many applause yet.... unless there is a problem of some sort.

peace,

Korg.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
reply to post by ZeuZZ

I'm not sure what they do either
.....but you've got 17,608, you can see them when you click on your profile

Weird.... why then does is profile ticker show only 537 points?

Korg.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

The "P" in the mini-profile is how many posts a person has made.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   

P = Posts, not points.

Edit: @Heff. Your urge to always be first is getting a bit much...

edit on 6-5-2013 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

NB4 Gemwolf

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Yes, what do the points do? Not that it matters much as I seem to gain them, then lose them due to a string of off topic posts

Can you end up with a negative balance?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   
28 applauds - you are doing something right.

( I am saving my points to purchase an ATS Corvette ! )

edit on 6-5-2013 by Timely because: close brackets

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

The "P" in the mini-profile is how many posts a person has made.

aha
geeze i'm learning so many things that after being here so long should have known

thanks

Korg

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
The points as far as I can gather work in paralel to the elite bankers of the world and he/she who gathers the most points and applauds will be the long awaited Anti-christ who will force all others to bow down too and applaud the evil ones avatar.

Careful Heff your giving them a good/bad? run for their money errr... for their points.

This is the only reason for my poor posting,but I`m watching you all very carefully.

(note to self, Gemwolf sounds jealous of Heffs apparent quicker fingers and "destination now" sounds happy to be out of the running)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by gps777
The points as far as I can gather work in paralel to the elite bankers of the world and he/she who gathers the most points and applauds will be the long awaited Anti-christ who will force all others to bow down too and applaud the evil ones avatar.

Careful Heff your giving them a good/bad? run for their money errr... for their points.

This is the only reason for my poor posting,but I`m watching you all very carefully.

(note to self, Gemwolf sounds jealous of Heffs apparent quicker fingers and "destination now" sounds happy to be out of the running)

Basically like bitcoin then, cool.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

"destination now" sounds happy to be out of the running)

Yes, my goal is to obliterate every point I get, without actually getting banned

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
not looking too bad actually

Mood: eternally happy

ATS Points: 17,614

Flags: 976

Stars: 1,538

WATS Index: 22

Threads Started: 81

Applause: 28

Cool, thanks for the feedback

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeuZZ

Good thread, but a question as well. I don't think we should be posting content of U2U's unless we have permission from the sender. I don't know if that's a rule, but maybe it should be if it isn't. Thanks.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
I don't think we should be posting content of U2U's unless we have permission from the sender. I don't know if that's a rule, but maybe it should be if it isn't. Thanks.

Yeah, I agree. I too never do that unless I have the sender's permission.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Yes, it is a rule.

16f.) Private Messages: You will not use the private messaging system to send mass messages to multiple member accounts. All private messages are subject to the Terms and Conditions of Use and the Terms and Conditions of Membership. Violations will result in immediate account termination. You also agree that Private Messages are confidential. You will not post or publically display messages received from TAN, their agents, or any other members, in any way, without the written permission of the author. TAN, at their discretion, may review the content of your private messages when, and only when, complaints are received from the recipient(s) of your messages.

The message in the OP is an automated U2U which was probably left up because of its positive nature (I will however do some minor editing for the sake of consistency). 99.9% of the time any message that is posted in the public boards will be removed.
edit on 6-5-2013 by Gemwolf because: My grammar is pathetic today

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Ah. Thanks for this reminder. You can never be too sure.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Points used to have a specific purpose.

They were used to customize your mini-profile. Putting up an avatar was free, however pretty much everything else cost points. The 2 lines of user title under your name, the text color, the background color/design etc.

Those are now free as of the ATS 2010 redesign. At this point in time they kind of just exist... similar to status points on other forums... you can increase them by posting quality stuff.

As far as the other question goes, yes it is certainly possible to have negative points. Various warnings deduct points and if your balance does not cover that you'll go into the negative. Sometimes that happens to a new member who hasn't quite gotten the hang of the ATS way but comes around sooner or later and a staff member can fix that. Other times it's someone who just keeps racking up the warns... which at some point probably won't end well.

Hope that helps clarify a bit.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join