It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The greater the number of people that "Wake Up"...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
...the more disillusioned I become.

This isn't a call out thread, nor a eff this forum thread. It's a personal realization thread.

I've been a long time viewer of this forum. I've made a number of posts similar to this one. This one may be my final.

People are "waking up" left and right, in droves. It's a shock to the system that maybe everything is not as it seems. A simple google search leads them right here.

That is where it starts and ends.

And where is starts and ends, for me, seems to be turning into a endless circle. News and feedback. That would be completely valid, if it were valid at all. It doesn't seem to be anymore. Endless threads created on shock news stories that have little to nothing to back them. Hundreds of posts.

Empty posts. Posts of argument for argument's sake. Name calling. Small people making grandiose statements. Grandiose topics turned into small arguments. Left/right arguments. Pointing fingers as truth without realizing the pointing finger sways.

I for one, find myself tired of it all. This forum used to be full of thinkers. Now it's full of typists. Empty, drone typists thinking that they are educated, aware and progressive, spouting the same stuff as the symbiotic beings doing the same exact thing on the NBC/Fox forums.

I'm not sure I have much else to add, not that this will add anything to the general scheme this site seems completely comfortable with. Holier than though attitudes are not righteous because those who decide to contribute feel righteous. Those who sit day and night refreshing news links to nab those stars are not much better.

Contribute. Add to an idea. Start your own idea. Think in a logical way. Attempt to control flash in the pan reactions. Otherwise...you have what we have, rather than the more civil, intelligent board that once existed. There is a way back and forward, realization is the first step.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I think this should go in the RANT section, I also think that anyone who starts a new thread should stick around for a minimum of one hour to see what people post.

after all, your talking about the quality of the posters on this site, but you just yelled at everybody and then walked away.

your not helping the situation

nothing personal OP

Peace

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I know this doesn't help, in fact it's almost a cliche, but among the quarter of a million people who have ever registered with ATS, and the 8,000 that have visited in the last week, there are a few thinkers. It's discouraging to hunt for threads that have not been taken over by "typists," but there are just enough so I don't despair.

It's pretty esay to discover the threads which have gone crazy, drop them, and resume hunting. Sometimes, if you catch a thread early enough, you can sway it towards reason, at least for a while.

But if you want to disappear, I can understand that. I benefitted from a month or two on vacation from this place, and I'm sure I'll take more.

When you are able, stop by, drop your seed, and hope it grows. Or, look for some other young plants and help nurse them along.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Wake up? In a way yes. But this is only the first step, it is good that the first step is happening for droves of people, and not just a few.

What you describe is people realizing that somewhere along the way, we took a wrong turn as a human race. But, the thing is, we keep searching outside of ourselves for the answers.

We look here, and there, on these boards, and others. We know the walls are closing in, and we know now more than ever that happiness cannot be found in the external things. But the next step, is a bit harder, and I do hope we realize it before its too late...

The true nature of all phenomena is change, constant flux and change. When we put our happiness and wisdom and all that we are into this constant flux, it will only end in disappointment, it always ends in suffering.

The next step is to realize that in order to change the world, we must change ourselves, and when enough people start coming to the realization that you are coming to, and then have the true epiphany of searching for happiness inside of themselves, the more 'true' awakenings will happen... and when this happens... well... it will be unstoppable. It almost already is. The elites are turning a machine so big, that even they in all their 'wisdom' and 'power' do not even fathom its grand design. It will be their downfall.

So, for one, I understand, but for another, do not let despair get you down brother. Search for truth within yourself, and it shall set us all free.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
It was something I said, wasn't it.

Oo

I was in an office the other day and someone was talking about "Wormwood" out at the end of the solar system. and I said "Nibiru?" and he said "Nah real, probably 2 lights years out.". And I couldn't walk away fast enough. I couldn't find a stupid brick wall big enough to bang my head on.

Yeah people are waking up. In a room full of other 'awake' people though, I think it's safer to be asleep.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by preludefanguy

You can only search for and find comfort within yourself when you've satisfied it externally.

Unless we all become hermits and live on a big rock in the desert, we need to know we've provided for those we look after or care for.

So we have to find external comforts... and the only way to do that is to give in return for something. Effort for things, employment for cash, etc. And we store things to prevent being uncomfortable in times of less.

Travel on a few thousand years, and we don't need to store fruits and nuts. we pop off to the market. But we still store cash. Ooh and I needs me an ipod. and the thing.. that goes with it. to .. thing with. I need that.

we've not grown beyond the cavemen we were, despite the 'enlightened' ones telling us in simple terms what it is we must do. Realistically, it's like telling a child not to like cake and forcing him to watch all the other kids play with their nintendos.

if they don't chuck a tantrum, they sulk. Rarely do they think "I am complete without the external things."

unless you're raising strange kids indeed.

edit on 6-5-2013 by winofiend because: please. do not raid your kids. Oo

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

and even more rarely, does the being who thinks they are stop and say, I am not.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Is there really such a thing as "waking up" ? In a uniform way I mean. Most of the time we can't agree on what "waking up means" even among the "awoken" here on ATS.

I don't think that you can really expect the level of cohesion necessary to bring about change among such a group of different minded people : you have the ones who think it's all about reptilians, the hollow earth, religious and/or apocalyptic mumbo jumbo, the illuminati, the NWO, the greys etc... etc...

On man's definition of "awakening" is another's definition of bat$hit crazy.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Ismail

What "being awakened" means to me personally is when you finally realize that the world is not what it seems.

As in it is NOT normal to need money to survive, and those who control it are NOT your friends that are there to make life easier for you.

Basically, SOMETHING controls this planet, and is enslaving us all to "work" for it. And if it sees that our lives are becoming too comfortable and easy, it changes things so we must work harder, as the last thing it wants is for us all to be so prosperous that we all retire in a year's time.

What exactly it is that is controlling and enslaving us is the big question that so many argue over.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by FutureThinker
I also think that anyone who starts a new thread should stick around for a minimum of one hour to see what people post.

Ad hominem much....

Clearly, the minimum should be 3 hours, now both you and the OP are the dumb ones.

after all, your talking about the quality of the posters on this site, but you just yelled at everybody and then walked away.

your not helping the situation

And a strawman...

And hyperbole...

nothing personal OP

Yeah because I think you sucked up all personal-ness that could be had and drown out the OP. What makes you think or believe that someone speaking about general issues and you can take it so specifically towards yourself. Maybe you're not that important nor special.

Peace

Yeah blow it out you know where.

edit on 5/6/2013 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join