It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former senator comes says, ETs are here and the White House knows about it.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
How can anyone really say he would say that for the money of $20,000? If you would've watched all the videos, you would be able to see how genuine he is in his opinions throughout all five days. Either way, he would have been paid the money for his time anyways, with or without his opinions. I know of one of the committee members who hardly said anything very promising in promoting the existence of ETs. He would have been paid with or without his supporting opinions, so the doing it for money argument is pretty stupid.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicorette
It's very common for former US national politicians to receive large speaking fees for giving speeches, it's how many of them make money after being in office -- or how some of them receive kickbacks for favors done while in office, from a more cynical point of view.

If Gravel didn't insist on being paid, then every church group, elk's lodge, or chamber of commerce dinner he would speak at in the future wouldn't expect to pay him either.

That said, this comment by Gravel seemed to have a bit of a Freudian slip:

“This is an opportunity which I've taken to focus on this issue for an entire week and the preparation I made in coming to it, for my enrichment that's very important,” Gravel says.

source

you can choose tons of word choices in quotes and claim it to be a Freudian slip. Dissecting a quote as this makes it appear like you're reaching too much.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tenacious8
How can anyone really say he would say that for the money of $20,000? If you would've watched all the videos, you would be able to see how genuine he is in his opinions throughout all five days. Either way, he would have been paid the money for his time anyways, with or without his opinions. I know of one of the committee members who hardly said anything very promising in promoting the existence of ETs. He would have been paid with or without his supporting opinions, so the doing it for money argument is pretty stupid.

Not if he's doing it with the intent of being invited back to one of those farcical events. In which case, it makes complete sense that he spout out more nonsense to the UFO crowd...they love eating that stuff up without the need for evidence. If anything, you'd have to ask why wouldn't he? Classic case of "fruit of the poisoned tree". Once money is involved (And a lack of any credible evidence), you can pretty much toss out all of it. You're creating an incentive to produce results.
edit on 7-5-2013 by WilliamOckham because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by WilliamOckham
Once money is involved (And a lack of any credible evidence), you can pretty much toss out all of it. You're creating an incentive to produce results.

A lack of any credible evidence?! Did you watch any of the hearing at all?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Once money is involved (And a lack of any credible evidence), you can pretty much toss out all of it. You're creating an incentive to produce results.

Unless I missed something spectacular, your bar [for credible evidence], seems to be set too low.

I watched most (If not all) that clown show. Lots of the same ol' same ol'...and nothing in the way of history making, awe-inspiring like they promised. Of course, I was not expecting as much ;-) It was laughable. A staged "hearing" where former congressman pretend to give a damn about what is being said, and nothing in the way of proof of extra-terrestrial visitations. Not real evidence, anyway.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Unless I missed something spectacular, your bar [for credible evidence], seems to be set too low.

I watched most (If not all) that clown show. Lots of the same ol' same ol'...and nothing in the way of history making, awe-inspiring like they promised. Of course, I was not expecting as much ;-) It was laughable. A staged "hearing" where former congressman pretend to give a damn about what is being said, and nothing in the way of proof of extra-terrestrial visitations. Not real evidence, anyway.

The point of the hearing was not to convince the committee that ETs were real, that was resulting commentary. The purpose of the hearing was to prove that UFOs are real and that government, or some form within it, were covering up their existence. The evidence I was referring to was that of which the panel provided about the UFO coverup. Evidence of ET life will never be possible until the coverup is proven and the appropriate documents are released.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I saw this article as well on a different news site.

EX-Michigan Senator

I read that she was getting paid $20,000 and when ever I hear that IMO it dismisses what they are saying.

I believe that there are aliens visiting us from other planets or time traveling from our planet but I don't believe a Senator or that Senator has any info that would add to our knowledge of UFO's.

Stari

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Stari

Yea, I would'nt go as far as to say that, hell if you knew on hand some pretty incredible information, invited to talk at a disclosure hearing an paid $20,000 to boot, hell yea I would take the money!! To suggest otherwise is farce, so what, would you take the money?

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Arnie123

I found this very interesting, thanks!
S & F

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
all the presidents know there are aliens here and still visiting earth.the leaders of all countries will never let it be known however because it will cause most of the population to question their faith,and people get nervous and tricky when that happens,so no government will ever admit this to any of it's citizens!

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

It is funny how the posters here that live by de Nile will think that ex military/government is lying to them if they say aliens are real, yet they can't realize when the military/government is obviously lying to them when they say they are not.

Like when they say that it was a weather balloon over LA in 1942.
Really? A weather balloon took over 1,000 rounds of anti-aircraft fire and kept floating?
Or is it that they think something low and slow like that could not be hit because the US military was too enept?

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualarchitect

It is funny how the posters here that live by de Nile will think that ex military/government is lying to them if they say aliens are real, yet they can't realize when the military/government is obviously lying to them when they say they are not.

Like when they say that it was a weather balloon over LA in 1942.
Really? A weather balloon took over 1,000 rounds of anti-aircraft fire and kept floating?
Or is it that they think something low and slow like that could not be hit because the US military was too enept?

Yea I totally feel you and what an awesome example too, the "weather ballon" that the military thought was an enemy plane decided to shoot at....and HIT NOTHING.
Kinda scary if you think about it. I believe ETs an current beings still living here, (Check out the underground empire theory out) are the ones that we are seeing.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join