It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former senator comes says, ETs are here and the White House knows about it.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
t.now.msn.com...
---
So, going thru various news outlets to see whats been going on, I saw this interesting news article on MSN.
How 'bout it? What do you guys think about this? Is this former senator from alaska revealing dangerous information? Or just getting paid to just say somthing just for the sake of the money?
I for one would love for this to be very true, but $20,000....is enough to justify coming out with this information? A little bit of persuasion I suppose, but nonetheless interesting, IF somthing happens to him, well then, I guess we all know what that means, I sense more an more "higher up's" are coming out the perverbial closet on this situation, thoughts?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
If I hadn't been a senator in years, and was being paid $20,000 ... I'd say it too. It doesn't mean it's true.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
If I hadn't been a senator in years, and was being paid $20,000 ... I'd say it too. It doesn't mean it's true.

Doesn't mean he's wrong either, fact remains there are things going on in politics that are shady!

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I know they are here, Men in Black used real stand in aliens didn't it!

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Yea I was kinda thinking the same, $20,000 is a pretty chunk of change...
But at the same time, politics are pretty shady, I mean at his level, I'd say thats a start, I'm hoping for the best.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arnie123

Yea I was kinda thinking the same, $20,000 is a pretty chunk of change...
But at the same time, politics are pretty shady, I mean at his level, I'd say thats a start, I'm hoping for the best.

And I always say expect the worst lol
edit on 6-5-2013 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Here's what the source article links to. It has a bit more information and a video. news.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
This man has been doing speeches for 40 years at least. Not a new thing.

I think he mostly expressed an opinion he has about ET life visiting earth. The $20,000 helps to pay for things and maybe he thinks it's better than his other options available to him.

Who knows. Maybe he's lying for the $$$. But I'm giving him benefit of the doubt. Why? Because he was a real senator. He's lived. Do I believe him? That's a separate issue.

Dennis Kucinich think he got an alien communication from a ufo. I bet there're many political figures that're like this but they keep their mouth shut so they're not thought to be crazy.

But maybe they're crazy... I don't know.

Remember John Lennon? He said he saw a ufo on top of an apartment building. This kind of things is fairly common. Reminds me of that song "Human. Born to make mistakes."

You can see here:
en.wikipedia.org - May Pang...

In June 1974, Lennon and Pang returned to live in New York City. Lennon stopped drinking and concentrated on recording. As Lennon had previously had cats in Liverpool—while living at his aunt Mimi's house—he and Pang adopted two cats which they named Major and Minor.[15][16] In the early summer, while Lennon was working on his Walls and Bridges album, the couple moved into a penthouse apartment at 434 East 52nd Street, where Lennon and Pang claim to have seen a UFO on August 23, 1974, from their terrace, which had a panoramic view of east New York. To gain access to the deck Lennon and Pang had to climb out of their kitchen window.[17] On the night in question, a naked Lennon excitedly called Pang to join him on outside and they both watched a circular object silently floating less than 100 feet away.[15] Lennon called Bob Gruen—Lennon's "official" photographer—and told him what had happened. Gruen suggested Lennon should call the police, but Lennon laughed it off, saying, "I’m not going to call up the newspaper and say, 'This is John Lennon and I saw a flying saucer last night'". Gruen called the local police precinct which confirmed that three other people had reported a sighting, and the Daily News said that five people had reported a sighting in the same area of New York where Lennon and Pang lived.

Rational said of my mind says it was all for publicity.
edit on 6-5-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Heck if I could get away with it,I would set up my own foundation online naming it the Kdog Research Foundation of Unexplainable objects and ask for donations based on videos I found on youtube.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Here's what the source article links to. It has a bit more information and a video. news.yahoo.com...
Thanks man for the added sources.
I can say this much, if I ever got a chance to hold a higher up position, you can bet that I'll share some thoughts on ufology an anything involved with it.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Well, not much came of statements from a former Arizona governor who said he actually saw a UFO, along with thousands of other witnesses at the same time, even though he is also a former USAF pilot quite familiar with conventional things in the sky. Nor was there a media frenzy when Colonel William Coleman, a former USAF Chief Public Relations Officer with years of debunking under his belt, admitted when directly asked on camera in 1978 if he had ever had a personal sighting to having been the chief witness in a case in which he had his squadron of B-25s follow a UFO back in 1955, nor when former astronaut Deke Slayton described his checking out in a P-51 a UFO hanging out in the sky in 1951 then zipping away at high speed, nor did statements of personal sightings from two former U.S. presidents, both together with other witnesses.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by xpoq47

Well maybe its perhaps people are taking more of an interest in it now, like some great awakening.
Take this really old stats poll,
www.ufoevidence.org...
Thats alot of americans who believe in this...an thats from 97'
Note* I could'nt find a current 13', then again I didnt look that hard, its tedious to do stuff on my smart phone, my laptops crashed :'(

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   

When asked about the fact that he was compensated for his participation in the hearing, Gravel says it did not influence him to agree with the testimony.
“This is an opportunity which I've taken to focus on this issue for an entire week and the preparation I made in coming to it, for my enrichment that's very important,” Gravel says.

So he's got no evidence of his own....just opinions by the looks of it.

$20,000 to further his own enrichment!.......nice gig if you can get it!!

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
When I got to the part of the article that read ".. you may want to stop reading" I almost took the author up on it, given such an attitude. What a tosser.

Well the former senator goes on to say that the media make it an effort to marginalise and ridicule such claims.

And then the article goes on to ridicule the claim.

So much stupid in that article I have no idea where to start.

So I'll leave it with, for $20,000 I'll say whatever you want me to say. If you think it costs me anything to come on the internet and post my beliefs, thoughts and opinions, think again. It's free to do it. I can go to a library and post on ATS. But for $20k I'll sure sell you what you want to hear. And I'll wear a suit!

that's all I got from the article...

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
...You dont even want to know what I would do for $20,000

-Just 'sayin....

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I wonder what the outcome would have been if 20K was'nt involved....

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Arnie123

I wonder what the outcome would have been if 20K was'nt involved....

Only Steven Greer would have attended

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
It's very common for former US national politicians to receive large speaking fees for giving speeches, it's how many of them make money after being in office -- or how some of them receive kickbacks for favors done while in office, from a more cynical point of view.

If Gravel didn't insist on being paid, then every church group, elk's lodge, or chamber of commerce dinner he would speak at in the future wouldn't expect to pay him either.

That said, this comment by Gravel seemed to have a bit of a Freudian slip:

“This is an opportunity which I've taken to focus on this issue for an entire week and the preparation I made in coming to it, for my enrichment that's very important,” Gravel says.

source

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
He only served two terms in the Senate back in the 70's. It takes TIME to get important chairmanships and be on important committees.

He's not really considered relevant at all...
edit on 6-5-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Paid witnesses aren't credible in my opinion and the UFO conference promoters should have taken that into account if they want this Disclosure project to have any credibility as well...imho of course.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join