It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I bring Madness... [or, bringing a little insanity to the "Debate"]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
...Wherein The Protagonist, having been expelled by the tribe, due to his uncompromising relationship with Truth, and therewith deciding to embark on a Quest, has arrived at, in defiance of local prohibitions, carved into the forbidden Mountain's side, the Doorway of Insanity, and crossed the Threshold...

As mine eyes sought to acustom themselves to the Stygian Darkness within,
Lo, from the Depths, a booming voice proclaimed:

"Welcome to the Realm of Shizophrenia, Paranoia, and anything else you may care to explore!"

"Who Speaks?" i inquired in reply.

"Who is it that asks that question?"
it mockingly retorted, as the heavy tread of something huge resounded ever closer, and speedier. Without needing to look back, i came to the realization that the Door i'd entered through had silently closed shut behind me as my still unacustomed vision espied the outlines of an immense humanoid figure of Herculean proportions rushing forth.

"I am RELEASE! Your Escape to Fantasy! YOU HAVE SOUGHT ME OUT AND FOUND ME!
I AM MADNESS!!! EMBRACE ME NOW!!!"

a struggle of Titanic proportions thus ensued, to my increasing dismay, my magicks failed to fell the foul fiend, or even reveal it's visage! In panic, as a last resort, i attempted to devour it's Soul using Vampiric Magic, only to be soundly felled by a crushing blow which upon striking finally revealed my Oppressors face...

Mine Own...

"That is correct, i am merely a part of you, one you dare not ignore any longer, i am merely what you make of me.
Fear me and I'll Destroy you, Embrace me and Ascend to the Next Level."

As the fear drained out of me, and was replaced by Acceptance, the gossamer veils of false morality were lifted from my eyes.

what i'd encountered was neither an Angel or a Demon,

merely a different Point of View, no more than a different reality!

I could suddenly see clearly!

the ground beneath me fell away, or did i rise?
I know not, only that i arrived at the Next Level...

...There in a land between Reality and Illusion, between Time and Space, between Chaos and Order, betwixt The Spirit, The Soul, and The Body, there i floated for countless Aeons, unable to do aught save exist! It was there i learned, in whispers:

The Secrets!

It was there i learned that qualities such as Good and Evil are nothing more than lies created by Humans to control Humans!

It was there I learned the Great Division is not Right and Wrong, but...

Purpose or Death!

But i've had to pay a high price for this knowledge!

You see, i had to surrender myself to Madness!

What i mean is, well, I am now quite insane! At first, I sought refuge from these Truths within the protective Cocoon of Lies that society had given me, but they followed me therein and straightforth ate away at my every thought, impulse, and value!

Finally the whispers became the only Truth! My past, at last, was revealed as a Lie,
and my only Reality turned into TOTAL MADNESS!

Thus Enlightened, I returned to this Actuality and burst free from my Cocoon, at last truly The Magus!

I bring Madness...

Who's got the Cookies?
edit on 5-5-2013 by TheMagus because: added edit & comment

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMagus

Welcome to ATS deliciously mad one...here's your welcome cookies...enjoy....

Des

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

That was a really nice intro. So glad you joined us.

Enjoy your stay

peace and love
~nat

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Blessed Be, Lady Des,
your being 1st reply is truly Auspicious!*
Official Greeter of ATS,
oh my, those cookies look nutricious!

Know this, Lady Des: when The Church of The Universal Truth is firmly established [pending the development and construction of Faith Generators ™ and their attendant Faith Batteries™] you have my Cordial Invitation to join as a Matriarch. This is the Female equivalent of a Bishop [Male],

*the highest position in the Church is held by The Papess™ i had at 1st envisaged you suited for this role, however you "killed the kitten" the other day.
edit on 5-5-2013 by TheMagus because: corrected copyright

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Nay I..Oh Mad One...I killed no kitten...the heavens forbid even the thought....here are my kittens, Oh Squirrely One....

As one can see...sleeping sweetly.....

I pass on your Invitation to join as a Matriarch...I am Warrior Woman...with Dragons to tend to.

Des

edit on 6-5-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Oh, a writer I see. I like you already! Des brings the cookies, I bring my dragon for you to ride upon.

And a beer.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

OMG Des, those kittens are sooooooooo adorable!!!!!!!

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by natalia

why thank you, kind one.
be well, little one, patience and endurance will bring victory.

OH DEAR! I'm in a bit of a quandary at the moment, as when i referenced "killed the kitten" I meant you'd made an inconvenient revelation that "burst a bubble"
[namely you "dated yourself" on a past thread], or at least that's how I've always understood it. Upon googling for an online definition to reference...

i find the term is now an internet meme...

the Papess™, you see, must be young enough to project "the seductive wiles of a courtesan with the untouchable majesty of a virgin goddess" yet old enough to be a "wellspring of cunning and resourcefulness".

She™ must also be quite Mad, as well. ;
[there's another lady who has the look, but alas, too young]
The Church is quite Militant, i assure you, a Matriarch is a Female Bishop, and you get a Morning Star, through which you may Channel Power from the aforementioned Faith Batteries™, which are in turn powered by the Faith of the Laity. Though a Matriarch's Role, is to "gather the children to the Church" through educational [evangelicly-wise] means, [like a hen with her chicks] however you are Foremost Defender of your Diocese's Faithful. the roles of Matriarch and Bishop are the same, only the manner and style of going about The Work differ.

reply to post by Night Star

Oh No! True Story, i assure you, a tad metaphorical, perhaps...

hmm, I would look quite impressive riding that Dragon,

descending upon The Congregation in The Full Glory of My Effulgence.
edit on 6-5-2013 by TheMagus because: added edit & comment

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Hello there. Welcome to the site. Get ready for many debates, because they'll be coming like hot cakes. Hope you have a great time here!

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS!

Sorry I'm all out of cookies but here is a FLAG.

Looking forward to more of your posts.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Welcome to ATS!

Sorry I'm all out of cookies but here is a FLAG.

Looking forward to more of your posts.

greetings CE, don't worry Lady Des'
has provided enough for everybody
have one yourself,

reply to post by extraterrestrialentity

thank you,
i intend to

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Welcome, oh crazy mad insane deranged effervescent one...

You should blend in quite nicely around here !

Don't let Des fool you with those cute little kittens, she can be quite the barracuda whenever the need arises... and the need arises plenty in this part of town.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I am part of the welcoming committee here and I didn't know if you wanted a welcome cake or not. You seem so interesting to me. Like a shiny new red toy car.
Here's a belated welcome cake and a bacon cake... gotta love bacon!

Peace and love new one
-nat the lil angel cat-

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
Welcome, oh crazy mad insane deranged effervescent one...

You should blend in quite nicely around here !

Don't let Des fool you with those cute little kittens, she can be quite the barracuda whenever the need arises... and the need arises plenty in this part of town.

Thank You, i enjoyed a few Tank-Girl stories back in the day, via 2000A.D.
if you are anything like her
see below*
and yes, Des' would make a fine Matriarch, if the cookies fail, there's always the Morning Star!
resplendent in her Faith Armor™, she'd be just like a "gentler, kinder" Granny Goodness when dealing with the recalcitrant
en.wikipedia.org...

Granny Goodness is a fictional character, a deity and supervillain published by DC Comics. Created by Jack Kirby, Granny Goodness was modeled on comedienne Phyllis Diller and first appeared in Mister Miracle vol. 1 #2 (May–June 1971).
Granny Goodness did not begin as one of the higher-level residents of Apokolips, but was instead one of the "Lowlies" - the brutally oppressed peasant class. She was removed from her parents and trained to be one of Darkseid's "Hounds" (his elite soldiers). One part of their training was to train their dog; Goodness named hers Mercy. Through combat and training, the two bonded. As the final step of her initiation into life as a Hound, she was told to kill her beloved pet. Instead, she killed her trainer for ordering this. When Darkseid asked why, she answered that "to have done otherwise would have robbed my lord of a most valuable asset," telling him that Mercy would obey her first, but him foremost. Testing this, Darkseid ordered Mercy to kill Goodness. Mercy attacked Goodness, forcing Goodness to kill her pet. Darkseid was impressed, telling Goodness that she had graduated with honors. "You have trained Mercy so well in my name that perhaps you'll do as well training others whose blind obedience I will one day require."[2]

and of course, the path to Cardinal is open to her as well, if she'd like

reply to post by natalia

why thank you! that bacon cake shows you're quite "Mad" yourself, at least for bacon!

please excuse Me if I seemed neglectful, I assure you that is not the case,
as it is well said: "it's the quiet ones, you have to watch"

as the Church's Founding is Currently a work in progress, I'm still working out the Hierarchy's Titles
*please accept, along with CranialSponge, an Invitation to join as a Maenad [Grk="Raving One" [title subject to change]

CE has already accepted though is holding his cards close to his vest, regarding whether he'll be a Bishop or Cardinal,
Excellent Candidate there.

WarJohn [along with his Goddess/GF] has been invited, via U2U, as he has been offline for some time, as a Cardinals definitely Church Material there
edit on 6-5-2013 by TheMagus because: added edit & comment

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

My crow says very interesting. A maenad ..... Hmm.....very interesting indeed.

I'll accept for now. Greek mythology doesn't seem like myths to me...imo of course

Peace and love
-nat the raving one cat-

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I've been patiently waiting. When is our First Gather. Will voting commence at some point....

Tapping of widdle feets....

Des

top topics

join