It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another really bad, Cop shooting a citizen; no knock and the wrong guy is inside

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
copsshootingpeople.wordpress.com... /

According to CSP commentator Lori Holland, “Aaron was not defending his father. The police were looking for his father, Randall Palmer, who was wanted for non compliance with the local drug court program. Aaron was at home on Saturday night when the police kicked in his door. He was chopping celery and onion for dinner when the police entered, and as he came to see what was happening the officer immediately shot him. Randall Palmer was found where he was hiding from the police, in Shawnee, the next night.”

If this story is accurate and true in the details think about what you would have done. You are fixing (preparing for non-Texans) supper and your door crashes in?

IMO this is unaceptable...again if the particulars are indeed true.

Initially, the story ofthe killing of Aaron Palmer by Oklahoma police read as one of courageousness and devotion to filial ties. Now, a new, more disturbing story emerges. According to CSP commentator Lori Holland, “Aaron was not defending his father. The police were looking for his father, Randall Palmer, who was wanted for

edit on 5-5-2013 by 727Sky because: added content

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Didn't something similar happen a couple of years ago with a Marine? It won't happen but the shooter should be charged with second degree murder.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
copsshootingpeople.wordpress.com...

is the original story when first reported:
QUOTE:
The Oklahoma Bureau of Investigation said a Seminole County law enforcement officer attempted to serve a felony warrant for Randall Palmer at his home in Seminole about 7 p.m. Saturday.

Palmer’s 24-year-old son Aaron Palmer confronted the officer with a knife, a news release from OSBI said.

The officer fired once at Aaron Palmer, striking him in the chest. Aaron Palmer was transported to a hospital in Shawnee and died.”END QUOTE:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Do you know if it was a swat team or an individual cop? Were there any witnesses?

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Deathby alligator......seems fair to me.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by BattlePlastic
reply to post by 727Sky

Do you know if it was a swat team or an individual cop? Were there any witnesses?

Not from that web sight...all it does is report on shooting throughout the states basically quoting the police reports. That is one of the things that caught my eye was the follow up.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Link to story Here's a link to a local news outlets report. This happened back in August of 12, there should be a follow up somewhere.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by BattlePlastic
Link to story Here's a link to a local news outlets report. This happened back in August of 12, there should be a follow up somewhere.

Man you are quick; I found a few to but yours seems to cover the incident quite well thanks.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
OK State Bureau of Investigations Government story doesn't mention witness that heard the shot less than a second after entering the house.

"If you was to drive up on. What would be the first thing you'd notice? Children's toys? You go in with guns blasting then? No, no. I see no justification for what was going on," he explained. "An innocent man died because they didn't take the time to knock on the door."

edit on 5-5-2013 by BattlePlastic because: re added quote

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by 727Sky
copsshootingpeople.wordpress.com...

is the original story when first reported:
QUOTE:
The Oklahoma Bureau of Investigation said a Seminole County law enforcement officer attempted to serve a felony warrant for Randall Palmer at his home in Seminole about 7 p.m. Saturday.

Palmer’s 24-year-old son Aaron Palmer confronted the officer with a knife, a news release from OSBI said.

The officer fired once at Aaron Palmer, striking him in the chest. Aaron Palmer was transported to a hospital in Shawnee and died.”END QUOTE:

Sounds like a story made up by the cops. Why wouldn't they knock? Did they have a warrant?

So the guy is chopping his veggies for dinner, with a knife of course, and then some random people (does it say if they're in uniform or not) crash into his house...

After shooting the guy chopping veggies, of course the cop will say he was "confronted" by a man wielding a knife. He is going to lie his way out of this the best he can

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I wonder if this is as bad as it sounds or...worse? Bad would be the cop being a trigger happy buffoon. Worse would be a tragic accident. How for an accident?

Ever been to a tactical shooting range with moving/pop up targets? Bad guys with knives and guns are commonly used on the paper. You have a 1 second or less to ID, determine threat or innocent, and fire. Basically, point shooting on near instinctual identification.

So... Cop kicks door on a no-knock warrant, cop goes through entryway and comes around corner to find man..maybe holding the knife forward ..maybe holding it out to the side, JUST like one of those paper targets a cop may have shot 100 times under high stress training. Instinct....BAM...before even thinking.

My question would become, what is the cops reaction and that would tell the tale to me. Is he screwed up by what happened or cocky and self assured that the guy he shot did the wrong thing? If it was a tragic accident for instinct shooting over thinking, he ought to be pretty screwed up over having shot the guy. Just my two cents.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Wow so because he didn't go to his little AA/drug program they bust down his door wth.. Cops are getting out of hand.

Gs

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
This is a perfect example of why no-knock warrants should only be authorized in the rarest of situations. Too often judges are approving these without cause when a standard warrant would still be safe for the officers.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

I couldn't agree more. I'm thinking to my home here as I sit typing. If I heard my front door crash open, my immediate response would be to grab my .45 and cross the kitchen, ready to shoot whatever just violently came through my door. We've had home invasions in this area just enough to make that a valid concern and reasonable assumption to such a thing happening with no real warning or reason to expect it.

...and I suppose I'd be shot dead as quick as this man. That is a scary thing when it could as easily be a wrong address or some other reason that there really isn't a reason it should be happening

...making my reaction a perfectly logical one from all sides. No better for outcome though. My family would be rich but they wouldn't feel any better about not having me around.

* My wife and son are opposite sides of the house and on the other side of my great room for the front door location ...so my response would be fast to catch whatever was happening before it turned toward them and away from me.

edit on 5-5-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Same here, door crashes in and what ya gonna do? Grab your trusty firearm which is withing arms length or on your body and boom you are dead if it is cops at the wrong house an not looking for you but someone else. Swat tends to empty a magazine before seeing how much damage they have done with their LEO 14.5" ARs which to my knowledge have the dreaded 30 round magazines.

We have had thieves break into houses a couple of years ago in fake cop uniforms screaming police.....

There are reasons for no knocks and Swat and police will defend the procedure with all kinds of good reasons. They work until something like a wrong address or wrong person is in the house and ends up dead.....Bad situation for us home owning pedestrians when things go wrong.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Oh, absolutely. To add to the picture for that, we had a drug raid on my street with a neighboring house a few years ago. I couldn't believe it. I'm in a 100% residential, single family home and middle class type neighborhood for blocks around...to give a picture of the setting here. Well, here comes the SWAT team stacked and moving from both sides of the guys house, to converge on the front door and kick their way through. You know what scared me though?? It's not the fact they did a raid or the number they used for one guy. It's what they did it with.

They were ALL carrying M-4 rifles! In a Residential area! These are post World War II boom homes. Late 40's early 50's construction. Those .223 rounds would go stem to stern and into the rooms of a neighboring house, if it didn't hit a stud on the way through!

I recall just yelling to my wife to get our son, get in the bathtub and stay there until she heard me say otherwise. That was about the safest place if the Rambo wanna-be's actually USED the long guns they were carrying. Idiots! A good % of the big city departments (and ours used a big city budget to kit out their warrant squads and SWAT) have MP-5 in 9mm - .45 for such occasions, so they can fire their weapons without killing a kid in a neighboring home.

Add no knock? Well, they've created a combat situation going through the door with people inside to have no clear idea what is happening in the first seconds ..except they are under assault by someone

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Imagine living in an area that has home invasions as a reality (Arizona). Now add no-knock warrants and it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out what could possibly go wrong.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

Last night I heard a story of another unarmed individual being shot it was a commercial about a duo's radio program in Austin.. One personality is kinda a bleeding heart and the other personality is a retired cop. The cop actually made a good case that if you are confronted by police and make any sudden moves some/many will not ask you "what do you think you are doing" before they draw and fire.....Bottom line is speak before you reach for anything and get permission first....we are not talking would of, could of, should of, but how to keep from getting shot by some spring loaded to draw and fire Leo.

new topics

top topics

join