It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nazi Survior leaves unclaimed 40 mil...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Prime example of someone trying to take his money to the grave but yet, will go to the State.

Little does he know.

He could of have least had gave me 1Mil.

And he would have had 39Mil to go..

Like Duh...

In a way after reading the story I can understand him. But, he just gave all his money to the greedy corporates like Germany. Something says he was spy.

Explain please...That's way too much to read.

He Left a Fortune, to No One

finance.yahoo.com...

By Julie Satow | New York Times – Mon, Apr 29, 2013 4:32 PM EDT

Mr. Blum, a Holocaust survivor and real estate developer, left behind no heirs and no surviving family members — his former wife died in 1992 and the couple was childless. His funeral, held graveside at the New Montefiore Jewish Cemetery in West Babylon, N.Y., was attended by a small number of mourners, most of them elderly fellow survivors or children of survivors.

Much about Mr. Blum’s life was shrouded in mystery: He always claimed he was from Warsaw, although many who knew him said he actually came from Chelm, in southeast Poland. Several people close to Mr. Blum said that before World War II, in Poland, he had a wife and child who perished in the Holocaust, though Mr. Blum seems never to have talked of them, and the International Tracing Service in Bad Arolsen, Germany, has no record of them in its database. Even his birth date is in question. Records here give it as Sept. 16, 1914; identity cards from a German displaced persons camp have it as Sept. 15.

*shaking my head in despair*

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

He could of have least had gave me 1Mil.

You want to be rich? You might become like him. A scrooge, hoarding your money, refusing to part with it even unto death.

From your link:

“He had deeds on his desk piled up to the ceiling of properties he owned,” said Vincent Daino, who was Mr. Blum’s neighbor for 25 years and became his unpaid driver when the older man’s eyesight began to fail. “There were royalties from oil rigs in Alaska, money from his stocks — about once a month he would have me drive him to the bank so he could deposit $100,000 checks.”

He didn't even pay his neighbor to drive him to the bank.

Theres your sign...

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Trust me, I can invest a Million without taking the whole 40 millions of it. I'm not greedy. Even at work when someone is trying to buy a simple candy bar, drinks, or a cigarettes. I put it on my account. Like 5 bucks will kill me. I'm far from scrooge.

I'm too giving..Which is why...I am broke.
edit on 5-5-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
reply to post by intrptr

Trust me, I can invest a Million without taking the whole 40 millions of it. I'm not greedy. Even at work when someone is trying to buy a simple candy bar, drinks, or a cigarettes. I put it on my account. Like 5 bucks will kill me. I'm far from scrooge.

edit on 5-5-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

I'm the same. It's slowly becoming something I've realised. I used to believe in karma. You know, you get back 3 fold what you give out. Give out bad karma, you get it back. Give out good karma, etc...

I give to the buskers when I see them.. not just silver coins, but gold coins.. makes a difference to them at the end of the day when they count it. If I have something if asked I'll share.

Where's the karma... bloody snookered me they did- what a scam. Damn hippies tricked me all those years ago.

This old fart who died.. doesn't even pay for a shave. You'd think someone so skinflint as that would have his own razor from 1780. Worn down to the nub but as sharp as the day it was made.

But then he's also the sort of guy who would marry a woman simply because he thought she was the last jew woman left on earth.

Sounds like no one will miss him and all he was worth to anyone is the money he hoarded.

Except his grandson.. mr GoldGrub. lol?

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

So you don't need a million then. But if someone did give you a million these same people that you buy cigarettes for would now want you to buy them a car... after all someone gave you the money, share the wealth. Then they would resent you for having this money but not changing your generosity. Then you can't even buy them smokes anymore.

Now you have to avoid them for fear of being badgered. You quit, go somewhere you aren't known and keep your million a secret. Want to know how rich people become hoarder, scrooges?

Me too. You are far richer than people with money, you know. Stay human.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

I didn't even read that far. I read as far, from the so called wife and child that he gave up, when he denied them. So, the supposed last Jew from Poland...Gave up on the hostages in Germany. Why? Because; he, was probably a Spy who didn't want to get caught.. That's why.
edit on 6-5-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

top topics

join