Pres. Obama Tells Students to Reject Voices Warning of Tyranny Government at OSU graduation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
The German guy your talking about was truely a one of a kind. Obama is just a politician.
edit on 7-5-2013 by JimboSliceLV because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Fringe was in quote for a reason..I suggest you learn the art of inference.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

well when i think of the founders, i think of men just like me.
working men who came together, to fight tyranny, and after the war and when they were not in washington,, although i can't remember all of their professions i know they went home and kept on as a working man. not as some career politician.

Yeah if a hard days work involves letting you slaves do the work......

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

OP made me think of an old song, from the hey day of the Michael Jeffrey Jordan Chicago Bulls. It went."like Mike...if I could be like Mike...." I think I thought of it because, like. M-Jeff as we call him in Chicago, back in the day, you are making gigantic leaps. The President's didn't have anything at all like the tone you are portraying it to have. I'm not even sure where you got the idea that it did. I'd be interested to know where that leap comes from, or what your explanation for tying them together is.

I'm not trying to be difficult, I just truly don't understand it. To me, it seems like the equivalent of saying, "flour and baking soda are both dry, powdery substances. As such, they are very wet, like water." seriously, I don't even have a counter argument because Obama's speech you're referencing and Hitler's are so far removed from each other as to require complete and total abandonment of logic to link them. Or, I'm just completely missing something.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimboSliceLV
The German guy your talking about was truely a one of a kind. Obama is just a politician.

Hitler wasn't German, he was an Austrian, ethnic half German/Jewish, and like a 10th or something black(Sub Saharan African) that was financed by the British crown and American traitors who supported the idea of the British Union(Union between America and Britain).

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Going Godwin on this just makes you seem silly. He's just saying that government does good things as well as bad. This is an obvious fact. We need a mix of Capitalist profit driven forces and Public holistic driven forces. And we do need to pursue something greater than our own individual wants and needs. Collective actions have gotten us where we are today in the public and private realm.

Life is all about competition and cooperation. Government and the private market both have advantages in how they use those forces. It should be obvious by now that we need both, with both balancing out the strengths and weaknesses in each other.

It's a constant struggle but we can't act like we can just destroy one or the other and make it at this point in society's evolution.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by HolographicPrincipal

Well, I'm sorry to say, Obama is hugely collectivist no matter how pretty his speeches are. I am not fooled by his flowery words. I look beyond the pretense. Some of his statements have told us exactly what he is about....you know "spread the wealth" means one thing and one thing only, Marxist redistribution and he is going about it very systematically.
I know I am not the only one who sees it. There are tons of people who are not fooled by pretty words and fancy rhetoric and half truths.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
He can say whatever he wants in the entire speech. However, Specifically he states to "not listen to the voices of those who talk of tyranny or against the government". This is the exact opposite of what our country was founded upon. It is our job as citizens to question the government. If we had on the early parts of the 20th century, this country may be different.

Read a book about Hitler. Not what your text books taught you. Not what your teacher taught you. Read a book. Read Mien Kampf. It was written about 20 years before WW2. Before the 30's when he had his rise to power and before he was a community organizer. He then surrounded himself with powerful people, insulated himself and rose to power. Sound like someone else you know?

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17
reply to post by esdad71

Well, I don't know how tyrannical the regime really is or isn't. However, I do see that American culture is becoming more and more inclusive as a whole. More tolerant, more open-minded. As the policy makers and cultural impact sectors like entertainment are closely linked, I see a lot of signs that there is a good side to the top tier of our society. There are definitely forces attempting to create a better, more humanitarian world.

My hang up and trying to initiate change in our society is that I can't say I really know any better than the people in power. I question them at times, sure. But it's hard for me to come to the firm conclusion that the American regime is evil and that Obama is Hitler.

Honestly, if you're going around telling people that America's on the verge of this type of tyrannical coup then you better be damn sure of yourself. Otherwise you are doing more harm than good and creating unnecessary panic. This is the jist of what Obama is saying at OSU- if he is not a tyrant and does not believe tyranny is winning the battle for America than it is wise to ease the tension of the younger generations.

The theme of recent years seems to be to perpetuate inflated confidence as much as possible. My interpretation of this policy is that our leaders are trying to keep us from falling off a cliff... not making us less resistant to falling. So far this exaggerated trust has probably helped us more than it's hurt. America's social state has been teetering on a critical point for some time now and many have predicted collapse well before this point. I think the policy of encouraging trust has added to our stability since Obama took office and if we can get through the next four years without significant unrest then America will probably be in a pretty strong state.

How can you say stuff like this when all our leaders Lie to get into office?
When government is bloated, centralized and corrupt!
Where they hide the truth and strip our freedoms!
Where corporate lobbyist write our laws for the benefit of the corporate power house!
Where there is no accountability for the wealthy!
Where the corporations pay no taxes, while polluting our waters, land and air!
Where our resources are sold off "land, buildings, fossil fuels" to multinational corporations to increase their profits!
Where city state and federal government shows only losses but not the trillions in assets that is held in their CAFRs!

Wake up! The truth is here! Tyranny is real and upon us all!

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by esdad71

I'm sorry man, but when you compare a democratically elected leader, who held other office in government before becoming president, to Adolf freaking Hitler, you've lost all credibility.

And read the whole line. He's saying, don't expect government to hand you everything, government isn't your daddy, and it's also not the source of all of your problems.

Which is true, the government is the FACT of most of your problems, not the source. the source, is you, the useless eater who doesn't vote yet demands their voice be heard, it's up to you to force your elected representatives to do your bidding or throw them out of office.

The source of most of Americas problems is the american public.

This is not about my credibility, it is about waking people up. That is it. If you do not take the time to see what is going on around you, that is ok. However, you should read up a little more about HItler. Many of you need to read some history books and get off the 'net. I already destroyed the credibility of factcheck.org in another thread as well. Read a non-school printed history book...find something published in the 1950's or earlier. You will see a much different world view.

1. Hitler was democratically elected.
2. Don't expect the gov't to hand you anything? You have seen the commercials and the websites telling people to 'go see' if they qualify for benefits? Like I said, contradiction throughout the speech. There are now 45 million people on public assistance where it is at 30 mil in 2008. Obamacare has raised taxes on everyone also including you. 2014 will be the wake up call for all of you still supporting him.
3. Then you go on to tell me that I am the problem? Last year, I paid over 30,000 for taxes and healthcare. No handouts so Go
yourself. I vote and often. I go to city, county and state meetings on everything from cops in schools to pointing out pork bills. I am not afraid to speak up and I am the one he is trying to suppress...

this is the latest grass roots I started after Sandy hook to give a presence.
link
Look up Osceola county in FLorida and guess, what, they got funding to put LEO's in school. I don't need to give you the emails or phone call logs from my berating the local policitcians who said they did not have enough money to protect the kids but had money to line to pockets of local big business.

and based on your comments...he is winning and it sucks...

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Ring winger!
nutjob!
racist!
terrorist!
liberal!
radical!
leprechaun!

Your a crazy reality theorist. Freakin' paranoid freedom lovers. Take some pfizer product at 10,000% markup.
You'll feel better. We promise.
Love the mother state. Obey the mother state. Obama loves you.

Praise Lenin.
edit on 8-5-2013 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
So he doesn't want criticism on government issues, sounds like the US is creating it's own oppressive regime. But to compare it with someone who gave orders to slaughter millions. OK, the US has a lot of bodycounts, all violence is wrong but it's not like the US is invading Canada en Mexico. The US is more about going to someone else's home, changing it so there's less chance they'll become a problem for the US and then head back home. Hitler invaded it's neighbours and began eradicating that which he saw as problematic and wanted those countries to be ruled by the Nazi's forever.

But from a future perspective who knows maybe one day when it's worldpeace I bet people will look back on this period not being that much different from the time of the world wars, viewing the US just as evil as Nazi Germany was back then, only in a different way.
edit on 8/5/2013 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yeah if a hard days work involves letting you slaves do the work......

you need to go back and study your history, yes it is true some of the founders, did own slaves, some didn't.
also not all people who owned slaves, sat up in the big house while the slaves worked like hollywood likes to portray, many were right out in the fields, sweating right along side of them.

many of the founders released their slaves some before they died some while still alive. i have seen numbers that say that 1/3 to 1/2 owned slaves.

you know if you don't want to go to the library, there's this thing called google now............
edit on 8-5-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

Hitler wasn't German, he was an Austrian, ethnic half German/Jewish, and like a 10th or something black(Sub Saharan African) that was financed by the British crown and American traitors who supported the idea of the British Union(Union between America and Britain).

He also was a high level black magician and illuminist.

He was nwo through and through. He got too big, too fast, and started biting the luciferian power controllers over him and they shut him down.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by nosacrificenofreedom

The establishment is extremely dishonest, I understand that. But dishonest does not necessarily equal evil. I don't have enough information to demonize or condemn the Gov/elites as tyrants. Some individuals are, definitely. But in the aggregate, I don't know. There are a lot of great opportunities out there, many people do live a happy life. Characterizing the entire thing as tyranical/evil is really an insult to any who have lived under truly savage regimes. It is a cynical oversimplification of a very complex society.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
reply to post by Logarock

Fringe was in quote for a reason..I suggest you learn the art of inference.

Those were rhetorical questions in general not aimed at you sir.

I spent some time at Ohio state and its no wonder he would say such things there as the political science department should rather be called a Marxist training center. Even the history department is more like a Marxist interpretive center for all things history.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman

Originally posted by korathin

He also was a high level black magician and illuminist.

He was nwo through and through. He got too big, too fast, and started biting the luciferian power controllers over him and they shut him down.

Hitler shut himself down, his homo-erotic fixation with real ethnic Germans was the downfall of Germany. The various ethnic Slavic's in Soviet controlled territory would of fought and died with unmatched Zealotry for Germany due to how oppressive the Soviets were(one of the reasons so many starved to death on the Eastern front was because they where already starving due to Bolshevik's using starvation as a weapon to destroy the pre-Soviet social makeup of Eastern Europe). Hitler was a madman, the village idiot in a city that lost it's mind.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
During a commencement speech at OSU, the president tells the graduates that they should not listen to those who say that there is something wrong with the government.

Theodore Roosevelt (1901–1909)

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public."

James Madison (1809–1817)

"The truth is that all men having power ought to be mistrusted."

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations."

William Henry Harrison (1841)

"A decent and manly examination of the acts of the Government should not be only tolerated, but encouraged."

Thomas Jefferson (1801–1809)

"One man with courage is a majority."

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Benjamin Harrison (1889–1893)

"We Americans have no commission from God to police the world."

Gerald Rudolph Ford (1974–1977)

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

www.infoplease.com...

Your long past Presidents would be rolling in their graves, at the leaders and progressive destruction of America and toward the citizens for allowing them to.

The worst part is with their military power (and public support,by belief that America is No1) they will and do implement their version of enslavement and will take the world down with you.

Stop with no violence this Real ID if the American people are free and in control of the government,if not your total indoctrinated slaves by choice.If there was ever a reason to unite for a right cause, for and in America its now.

www.endtime.com...

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
So, coverups of the allowing of citizens to be killed (Benghazi), The spying on and control of the MSM and those against it (AP wiretaps, allowing terror acts to occur (boston,Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab(underwear bomber), Faisal Shahzad(NY Times bomber) all who were on the no-fly or terror list and taken off by the current administration as well as allowing Hasan to shoot up Ft Hood. Realize the first 3 I mentioned were all stopped by citizens and 'ignored' by the FBI and the other acronyms.

They control and monitor what we do and they are still coming for our guns. Have you noticed the uptick in 'random shootings'?

Tell me again that the current administration is not doing what Germany did in the 30's and I have a ball-peen hammer you can hit yourself in the head with...
edit on 13-5-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)
edit on 13-5-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join