It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teenager Cameron Dambrosio arrested for "disturbing verbiage" in rap song

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
from the article..

The Methuen, Mass., high school student was arrested last week after posting online videos that show him rapping an original song that police say contained “disturbing verbiage” and reportedly mentioned the White House and the Boston Marathon bombing. He is charged with communicating terrorist threats, a state felony, and faces a potential 20 years in prison. Bail is set at $1 million.

but this is the best part about the article.. i must quote...from Sgt Ed Mullins of the New York Police Department...from article..

“If you’re not a terrorist, if you’re not a threat, prove it," he says. “This is the price you pay to live in free society right now. It’s just the way it is,” Mullins adds.

so this is what the country has come to......if your not a threat, prove it....say something disturbing..prove you didnt mean it..

and add this to the recent program by Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw $1 million for a new violence prevention unit aimed at preventing tragedies...

you all remeber this qoute..

“We want people to call us if the guy down the street says he hates the government, hates the mayor and he’s gonna shoot him,” Bradshaw said. “What does it hurt to have somebody knock on a door and ask, ‘Hey, is everything OK?’ ”

..papers please..and we MUST search your house has well...for your safety and that of the public..."freedom is gone but you will always have a choice"...a choice provided to you by the govt....hmmm...did the heat just get turned up on our kettle

Cameron Dambrosio article
news.yahoo.com...

Palm beach article and thread

www.mypalmbeachpost.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I feel like it's my duty now to produce the dirtiest song possible about government terrorism and how our rights are being eroded into non-existance.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by clearmind

Strange they won't post the lyrics, unless I misread the article. If he was calling for acts of violence on the whitehouse he's in trouble.

CJ

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Not a free country any more. Osama Bin Laden won. PERIOD. He is smiling from where ever he is over this.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Obama works for the Methuen Mass police department?

CJ
edit on 5-5-2013 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

well it is from the christian science monitor

from another article...

“[Expletive] a boston bominb wait till u see the [expletive] I do, I’ma be famous rapping, and beat every murder charge that comes across me!” D’Ambrosio had rapped. The 18 year old high school student faces 20 years in prison and is currently held on a $1 million bail pending trial. Police admit D’Ambrosio’s “threats” were not made against a specific person.

and ..come on...$1MILLION dollar bail?!?

so how long before the cops start 'contacting' other online users about something they said?? and you cant tell me that there are no other 'song lyrics' out there that are just as disturbing...or is this actually the ONLY ONE...

www.infowars.com...

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by clearmind

well it is from the christian science monitor

from another article...

“[Expletive] a boston bominb wait till u see the [expletive] I do, I’ma be famous rapping, and beat every murder charge that comes across me!” D’Ambrosio had rapped. The 18 year old high school student faces 20 years in prison and is currently held on a $1 million bail pending trial. Police admit D’Ambrosio’s “threats” were not made against a specific person.

and ..come on...$1MILLION dollar bail?!?

so how long before the cops start 'contacting' other online users about something they said?? and you cant tell me that there are no other 'song lyrics' out there that are just as disturbing...or is this actually the ONLY ONE...

www.infowars.com...

Yeah, sounds like they are reaching on this one. Is Ice Cube going to be busted for singing about his AK?

CJ

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Yay for free speech and the First Amendment

/end scarcasm

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Check out some of the creepy quotes from our "authorities" regarding this matter:

For law enforcement officials, filtering what does and does not constitute a threat is a delicate balancing act that, since the April 15 bombing, may be tilting to the side of additional caution over individuals' free speech.

“The danger of this in light of the tragedy in Boston is that law enforcement is being so risk-averse they are in danger of crossing that line and going after what courts would ultimately deem as free speech,” Mr. D'Ovidio says.

Using a zero tolerance approach to track domestic terrorists online is the only reasonable way to analyze online threats these days, especially after the Boston Marathon bombing and news that the suspects had subsequently planned to target Times Square in Manhattan, Mullins says. The way law enforcement agencies approach online activity that appears sinister is this: “If you’re not a terrorist, if you’re not a threat, prove it," he says.

“This is the price you pay to live in free society right now. It’s just the way it is,” Mullins adds.

Teenagers, social media, and terrorism: a threat level hard to assess

Welcome to Amerika 2013.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
perezhilton.com... ing-terrorism-charges#.UYgKDMo2ebY we it seems he brought up the white house(never wise in general when certain words are combined with white house)

scallywagandvagabond.com...#-about-boston-marathon-massacre-and-now-hes-a-terrorist-too/

www.salon.com... this one claims to have the link to the video.....seems hes just doing a pretty crapy rap and looking at this kid....serious is not something that comes to mind as he would probably be too baked to get off his couch to cause any chaos (turn down your speakers if you wanna watch the video.....and remember you will never get these 2 minutes of your life back)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
"see something say something"....they will take EVERY threat seriously...
i like to quote this article ..www.mypalmbeachpost.com... from this thread...www.abovetopsecret.com... because i think these two are very relevant to this thread and case...

He said he met with Bradshaw about the program and “got assurances from the sheriff that this is going to be done in a way that respects people’s autonomy and privacy, and that he makes sure to protect against people making false claims.”...Bradshaw acknowledged the risk that anyone in a messy divorce or in a dispute with a neighbor could abuse the hotline. But, he said, he’s confident that his trained professionals will know how to sort out fact from fiction.

now that said..speaking as a form LEO..they are the kings at making a small incident into a huge affair..and EVERY threat will be taken seriously...ie..the young teenage boy being held on $1 MILLION DOLLAR BAIL for "disturbing verbage"........read up a couple post to see what he said...is that the worst that is out there? is that the worst that has been 'rapped' or..is this kid being made an example of..to instill fear into the people to never say anything that may seem 'disturbing"? are you a 'loner'? do you keep your shades closed during the day? do change your hair color often? do have facial hair and change your apperance that way? do you belong to any conspiracy web sites
have you said something ...'disturbing"

1984..ha! 2013 is what he really meant

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Do you ever say anything meaningful ? I think not. You should try to contribute to the conversation instead of spewing drivel.

In reality we still have the freedom of speech. If he has done nothing but talk (or in this case sing) he should be left alone. Innocent until proven guilty. I think.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Although rap itself is spawned by the devil (not because the devil is evil, but because he really likes to irritate people), I bet music agents are beating this kid's door down to sign him to a record deal. With this kind of publicity he couldn't have done better. Stupid music police now? This one crosses the line into satire.
edit on 6-5-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Well this is what the public asked for. First people wanted to ban "hate speech". Then people wanted harsher penalties for "hate crimes". Punishing someone for what they were THINKING and not the violent act itself is thought police. When you control what people can say you are controlling what people can think.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Rap is spawned from the devil? What kind of idiotic nonsense is that?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diisenchanted

Do you ever say anything meaningful ? I think not. You should try to contribute to the conversation instead of spewing drivel.

In reality we still have the freedom of speech. If he has done nothing but talk (or in this case sing) he should be left alone. Innocent until proven guilty. I think.

So "I think they are reaching on this one" is drivel where "he should be left alone" is meaningful. Got it. Thanks for the scolding.

CJ

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl
reply to post by Aleister

Rap is spawned from the devil? What kind of idiotic nonsense is that?

If you didn't grow up with it the thing is such a distortion from the positive music of bygone days. By the devil I must have meant corporate control of music, and by spawned I probably meant radio collusion with the trend-setters who wanted rap to replace whatever positive influence was growing in power at the time.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Then they(authorities) better start knocking on the doors of all actors and musicians homes arresting them for the same thing they have done on an international level.

Their type of thinking needs to stop before they end up l ocking up the entire country, inluding themselves.

Another state to avoid.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I think the kid's intention in those particular lyrics was to point out that a famous rapper, or perhaps any celeb, could do far worse damage to the public than the attack in Boston did, and then be able to walk with out doing time. With enough money and a dream team of lawyers he could get away with murder (or worse) just like OJ did.

IMO this wasn't a about him or anyone else actually making a real threat, just an example of his perception.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join