It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Kid calls out cop for parking on sidewalk "I want your badge number" says 12-yr old Jeremy

page: 6
37
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by parkwoods21

Originally posted by UberL33t
12 years old and calling the cop out...warms my heart...



I commend this kid for stepping up and questioning this police officers actions...

Thoughts ATS?

ETA: He never did give him his badge number....this video is going viral to..tsk tsk.
edit on 5/5/2013 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)


Calling out the Cops....like you think it's always a good thing. It makes you feel good about a 12 year old asking a cop a bunch of useless questions.

The cop looks like he is just getting a drink. It looks sunny and if its a recent video it's probably pretty hot where ever he is. Yes, its probably illegal to park on the sidewalk but last time I checked he wasn't hurting anyone. He was probably there for 5 minutes max. Just another video that will get more publicity for what is it because people like you are questioning everything police officers do like there is some sort of conspiracy.


What about the untold other cops who get pulled over for Drunk driving.... They also get a free ride...

And just so you know, it's not cop bashing if the cop think he's above the law! We are a nation of laws, not men so this officer should have respected the kid and admitted he was wrong and set a proper example to the kid other than being a douchebag!




posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Cops family members don't get speeding tickets. The family member has a card or other ID letting them know they are the wife, etc of another cop.

So speeding laws only apply to individuals without a cop who is a husband or father.

Its a good system.



posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastStarfighter
Cops family members don't get speeding tickets. The family member has a card or other ID letting them know they are the wife, etc of another cop.

So speeding laws only apply to individuals without a cop who is a husband or father.

Its a good system.



A good cop follows the law!

www.youtube.com...

And another cop who was arrested but also thought cops get special courtesy.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 6-5-2013 by Bearack because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by parkwoods21
 


Wish I could. Cops are everywhere!



posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by parkwoods21
 

Maybe the 12 year old was trying out his new toy?



posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by parkwoods21
 

You must be a cop or a cop lover. Breaking the law is breaking the law. Don't matter if you're a cop or civilian or whoever. If that was me parking there and an officer seen it, sure as s**t I'd be getting a ticket. That officer should as well. He's not above the law, is he?



posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Bearack
 


Was the cop drinking a 40oz?



posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by parkwoods21
reply to post by Bearack
 


Was the cop drinking a 40oz?


And that matters how?



posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Bearack
 


You related this to drunk driving. Also is this a private parking lot? Does the owner give the cop permission to park there?
I haven't seen anything yet saying it's illegal. www.leg.state.nv.us...
edit on 6-5-2013 by parkwoods21 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by parkwoods21
 


Why are you okay with a cop breaking the law? Sure the kid sounds like a bit of a smart-aleck, but what is wrong with somebody keeping the cop on his toes? I agree that there's a lot of cop-bashing these days, and I know that not all cops are like this guy. However, I think we can both agree that there are cops that abuse their power frequently.

I think that instead of saying "protect and serve" on police cars, it should say "leading by example."



posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave_welch
reply to post by parkwoods21
 


Why are you okay with a cop breaking the law? Sure the kid sounds like a bit of a smart-aleck, but what is wrong with somebody keeping the cop on his toes? I agree that there's a lot of cop-bashing these days, and I know that not all cops are like this guy. However, I think we can both agree that there are cops that abuse their power frequently.

I think that instead of saying "protect and serve" on police cars, it should say "leading by example."


The problem is that nobody can prove that he is breaking the law. When someone can show that then it is O.K. to bash the cop and praise the kid. I've looked at several sites and nobody has shown that he broke the law.



posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TFCJay
Interesting.

My 6 year old respects the police. We even talked with 2 officers today and my son knows that they are the guys that risk their lives to keep their communities safe.



Interesting. How is he with German Bosque?

At six, what I knew was to go to the nearest NCO. Then an officer (Army, not police). If off the base area, I was to look for a fireman or EMT, if not, a biker. Last, a cop, because "son, civilian police are not MPs, you never know quite what will happen. Some are good, some bad. If you call a cop, something will happen but you will never know what, cops are a two-edged sword, and what you get might not be what you expect", advice that I have to agree with from an adult perspective.



posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by parkwoods21
reply to post by UberL33t
 


If you hate cops so much go move somewhere there isn't any.

Hahahaha.... Are you a little piggy that got offended, watching your fat a** brother in blue, embarrassed because a 12 year old made a verry valid point... Just because you enforce the law, doesn't mean your above the law!



posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tinyDAWK
 


Ok TinyD (funny) show me the law he broke and the law that says the police officer has to give the kid his information.



posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

edit on 6-5-2013 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by parkwoods21
reply to post by Bearack
 


You related this to drunk driving. Also is this a private parking lot? Does the owner give the cop permission to park there?
I haven't seen anything yet saying it's illegal. www.leg.state.nv.us...
edit on 6-5-2013 by parkwoods21 because: (no reason given)


You haven't seen anything stating that parking on the sidewalk is illegal?
I guess you missed my post on the previous page outlining the law regarding this. It specifically states that blocking the sidewalk is a violation. Back up and read it.



posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by parkwoods21
reply to post by tinyDAWK
 


Ok TinyD (funny) show me the law he broke and the law that says the police officer has to give the kid his information.


Again, you are hilarious. Your contention repeatedly and never once backing it up with anything but your skewed reasoning. Please show us where it states cops are not required to identify themselves.

CJ



posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought
 


And I asked you to prove he was blocking either cars and/or pedestrians.



posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by parkwoods21
reply to post by Afterthought
 


And I asked you to prove he was blocking either cars and/or pedestrians.


You have eyes? Your semantics are taking you down a hole.

CJ



posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens
 


The same can be said for you. I've looked and found no such law. Maybe you can do a better job?

JK (initials) incase you couldn't tell by the left who posted this.



new topics

top topics



 
37
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

log in

join