It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama praises Israel's 2nd Syria Strike in 2 days as 'Justifiable' & rewards Nuclear proliferatio

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
A additional bit of data that isn't from an MSM source about White Phosphorus.

Laws Regulating Use

According to the Chemical Weapons Convention Schedule of Chemicals, the chemical P4 is neither a toxic chemical nor a precursor to a toxic chemical. Protocol III of The Convention on Prohibition or Restrictions on the Use of Certain Conventional Weapons Which May be Deemed to be Excessively Injurious or to Have Indiscriminate Effects (CCW) prohibits and restricts the use of incendiary weapons in civilian populations. It defines an incendiary weapon as "any weapon or munition which is primarily designed to set fire to objects or to cause burn injury to persons"; this definition excludes "munitions which may have incidental effects, such as illuminants, tracers, smoke or signaling systems." Under that qualification, WP is not necessarily considered an "incendiary weapon" if it incidentally sets buildings on fire. The United States has ratified other protocols and amendments of the CCW, but it has not ratified Protocol III.
(Source: Federation of American Scientists)

Everyone has an absolute right to their own opinion or interpretation of facts. We don't have a right to our own set of facts. W.P. is an incendiary munition, not a chemical weapon.
edit on 5-5-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: Spacing adjustment

Just pour Vous Wrabbit

During the conflict, shells were used against a U.N. warehouse where more than 700 Palestinians were sheltering. White phosphorus can be used legally in some battlefield situations, but Israel’s use of it in Gaza drew war crimes allegations by the U.N.

According to Human Rights Watch, Israel use of the shells was a violation of war laws, www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
(Self-Snip)

My Apologies to Danbones on this one. The hostile tone was in response to other factors, but read like it was directed personal. Not intended...but appearance matters as much as intent and the notes below show appearance was enough. My bad.
edit on 5-5-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

self snip
mods please remove
edit on 5-5-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

please Wrabbit:
you may find it instructional to refute the armies top expert on DU Doug Rokke

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Dan, your right...and I'm sorry. Buster's Adolph Hitler avatar is so offensive, I really need to just get off the thread. You haven't been pushing hate and the message I wrote was really thinking in general about the thread. It's entirely my fault that I wrote it in a way that absolutely didn't read clearly for that, as I can see.

You're arguing D.U. as being dangerous, which, if we were on a science thread and not one that started from the OP down as a thread to literally blame Israel for using Nuclear and Chemical weapons both as if they were Saddam gassing the Kurds? Heck, we'd actually agree...as you may have noticed one of my earlier notes mentioned Fallujah. (maybe that was the other thread.. I really can't understate HOW offensive seeing Hitler glorified in any way IS to me...forgive that)

I'll catch you on another thread. I'm flat out done with this one. Period. Not you at all..and I hope this clarifies that for you and all.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

fair enough Wrabbit nough said

to be clear:
The LAST thing I want is for the 99 percent decent folks of Israel and every other country to come to harm
I want JUSTICE for the governmental and corporate criminals that are risking EVERYONE for the simple gain of power and money and land

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I shouldn't be surprised, but the title and the point of this thread seems to have escaped ATS leftist members in that obama is PRAISING Israel's actions. Why isn't this being discussed in the thread?

Is it because that the members who voted for obama are also the members who always take the opposing side against Israel?

How do you deal with this Juxtaposition, ignore it like this thread?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by below

Somebody please take back Obamas Nobel peace prize.
He does not deserve it.

edit on 6-5-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by below

Noted how the nazi wannabes love this thread.

There is a Jewish saying " never again".

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

How is that a 'jewish saying' exactly?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Obama's blessing upon Israel for multiple strikes on Syria. Preemptive, just like USA's style.

Not just justifiable, but via PROXY, US provided billions of dollars for more weapons, amo - what just to stockpile nad never use? Nope they are being used now this month, into this year, and into our mere own lifetime we will see this ongoing funding & praising of shock/awe warfare by the biggest bully of the world and its whore.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

Noted how the nazi wannabes love this thread. There is a Jewish saying " never again".

Feel free to point out all the nazi wannabes floating around here, I'm told about them constantly, I'd really like a concrete example. I don't see a single moderated post in here so...

you are just making crap up, similar to how people on both sides of this "debate" and just making crap up.

This isn't going to play out well, for anyone, Israeli, Palestinian, Iranian, Syrian, American, Canadian, and whomever else gets pulled into the conflict.

Israel doesn't have to ask permission to attack a nation, no one does. They aren't part of NATO and never signed the NPT, they can do as they please. But as the do so, they endanger the legality of US aid to their country. It's already arguably illegal.

I think the bigger question, being ignored in this thread so far is:

Is Obama praising this because he approved it, or is he praising it because he's trying to save face because his administration had no clue Israel was going to do this.... like many other bombings they've undertaken.

I'm thinking the latter myself.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by below

He does not deserve it.

edit on 6-5-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I have seen CIWS pop off on my ship (FFG-47) and never have we been briefed on staying away from the area. Original watchstanding positions resumed and the smoke deck stayed open the entire time during firing, which was also close the the flight deck (where we were firing from.) I'm healthy and fine.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by below

Russia has been pretty hush on the subject. Being that Holy week just passed (Easter for Orthodox Christians, for those in the dark) they should express opinions soon enough. Popcorn any one?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by below

He does not deserve it.

Only your understanding of the "peace prize" is wrong...it's orwellian newspeak

Kissinger got one.
And my bet for this year is Avigdor Lieberman or the Syrian/Libyan Rebels...

Just kidding, you're right

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by AdevDragon

Thank you for the background on that. I was really guessing as I couldn't find anything to suggest otherwise or any warnings or procedures suggesting care or caution. I did, however, find plenty to say the CIWS was loading and firing D.U. rounds until at least 2010 when the health reports were being taken seriously and policy changes ordered on the use of it across the military as a whole. Apparently, mid-range caliber use is or has been phased out at this point. I take that to mean the Sabot rounds for the M1 Tanks are still in use but not the guns?

Anyway.. I appreciate the personal input to a point of detail I just couldn't find a thing on for confirmation.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau
I shouldn't be surprised, but the title and the point of this thread seems to have escaped ATS leftist members in that obama is PRAISING Israel's actions. Why isn't this being discussed in the thread?

Is it because that the members who voted for obama are also the members who always take the opposing side against Israel?

How do you deal with this Juxtaposition, ignore it like this thread?

ok, say mexico moved long range missiles right up the border of texas, and had hundreds of invited Hezbollah insurgents manning them, would you praise Obama if he sent planes in and took them out?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Sometimes it seems as if the representatives that WE THE PEOPLE elected to represent us in Washington D.C, care more about Israel and their Zionist nut jobs than they care about us.

Because those Zionist nutjobs pay them, pretty well at that.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

What you typed has absolutely nothing to do with what I posted. What is your point? I am neither of the persons I was talking about. I am neither a obama supporter or an Israel opposer. The majority of this thread have taken the view of opposing Israel but not said anything of obama supporting the attack.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join