It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama praises Israel's 2nd Syria Strike in 2 days as 'Justifiable' & rewards Nuclear proliferatio

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

As if Syria's 2yr "civil' war was really autonomous/internal, or on any case, enough, yet Israel's strike on Syria for 'Hezbollah' motives of weapons transfer to Lebanon raise a brow on Syria's accusation that Israel is indeed aiding Al-Ciada operations and using the Hezbollah/Lebanon excuse as a cover story for Israel real terrorist intentions: disable Syrian compounds in order to weaken Iran's.

Meanwhile, Syria is non-nuclear, and Iran, some 5yrs away from even completing its first nuke development, if any.

In contract, Israel which is not allowed by NATO to have even one, is being rewarded for by stockpiling nukes & launching chemical & radiological weapons at multiple country neighbors, perhaps to desensitive to world to America's coming global nucleothermal holocaust, among other agenda.

www.nytimes.com...

Israeli Nuclear Arsenal Exceeds Earlier Estimates

Israel has "hundreds" of tactical and strategic nuclear weapons, including more than 100 nuclear artillery shells, nuclear landmines in the Golan Heights and "hundreds of low-yield neutron warheads,

US gifts Israel $3.1Billion more in Weapons

www.globes.co.il...

The package, which includes F-35 stealth fighter bombers, V-22 Ospreys and KC-135 air refueling tankers, will enable Israeli Air Force to strike longer range targets.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Israel is a crazy nation, I'm thinking this could be a problem for the countries close to them.

S&f good presentation.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Sometimes it seems as if the representatives that WE THE PEOPLE elected to represent us in Washington D.C, care more about Israel and their Zionist nut jobs than they care about us.

It's perfectly O.K to cut food stamps, to have millions without basic healthcare and to cut funding that goes towards the education of the members of our armed forces.

But don't you dare touch Israel's welfare.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

In contract, Israel which is not allowed by NATO to have even one, is being rewarded for by stockpiling nukes & launching chemical & radiological weapons at multiple country neighbors, perhaps to desensitive to world to America's coming global nucleothermal holocaust, among other agenda.

Israel doesn't have to ask NATO's permission for anything. They are not a member of NATO and never have been a full member of NATO. NATO has nothing to do with this. Israel is not a member to the NPT. That means they don't even have to answer questions about their nuclear arms and never have. The same reason Syria can make chemical weapons without headaches and have been for 30 years. THEY aren't a member of the Chemical Weapons treaties.

Israel made Nukes. Syria made slime. They balanced each other.

When has Israel used a chemical weapon? If you mean White Phosphorus? That isn't a chemical weapon and it exists in the active stocks and inventory of most militaries in the world. It's a horrible thing to see impact people, but it's still no chemical weapon. It takes real creative logic to compare it to Sarin, VX or Mustard, which are chemical weapons.

Last... What Radiological weapons? Depleted Uranium ammunition? How, precisely, is that classed as a Radiological Weapon? Or do you mean something else? I'd love to hear this.....because the nature of the accusations would be game changing to Israel's very future and ability to function in the world if there was basis for it. They wouldn't have much of one and no one would so much as answer a phone call from them, in my opinion.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Israel doesn't have to ask NATO's permission for anything. They are not a member of NATO and never have been a full member of NATO. NATO has nothing to do with this. Israel is not a member to the NPT. That means they don't even have to answer questions about their nuclear arms and never have. The same reason Syria can make chemical weapons without headaches and have been for 30 years. THEY aren't a member of the Chemical Weapons treaties. Israel made Nukes. Syria made slime. They balanced each other.

You are right Israel never had the courage to sign any of these agreements. But it's also against international law to give aid to a country with undeclared nukes.

When has Israel used a chemical weapon? If you mean White Phosphorus? That isn't a chemical weapon and it exists in the active stocks and inventory of most militaries in the world. It's a horrible thing to see impact people, but it's still no chemical weapon. It takes real creative logic to compare it to Sarin, VX or Mustard, which are chemical weapons.

WP is classified as a chemical weapon. It depends on how it is used. And Israel uses it as a chemical weapon quite a bit.

US intelligence classified white phosphorus as 'chemical weapon'

"When Saddam used WP it was a chemical weapon," said Mr Ranucci, "but when the Americans use it, it's a conventional weapon. The injuries it inflicts, however, are just as terrible however you describe it."

Last... What Radiological weapons? Depleted Uranium ammunition? How, precisely, is that classed as a Radiological Weapon? Or do you mean something else? I'd love to hear this.....because the nature of the accusations would be game changing to Israel's very future and ability to function in the world if there was basis for it. They wouldn't have much of one and no one would so much as answer a phone call from them, in my opinion.

Go check into the after effects in nations where it has been used. You will see drastic increases of diseases even our military members have illnesses that can't be explained.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Israel doesn't have to ask NATO's permission for anything. They are not a member of NATO and never have been a full member of NATO. NATO has nothing to do with this. Israel is not a member to the NPT. That means they don't even have to answer questions about their nuclear arms and never have. The same reason Syria can make chemical weapons without headaches and have been for 30 years. THEY aren't a member of the Chemical Weapons treaties.

Israel made Nukes. Syria made slime. They balanced each other.

Great point! That is, at least Iran had the balls to be diplomatic with other nations and SIGN the threat.

Meanwhile, why in the world would Israel sign? Afterall Israel is what just decades ago, was Palestine. And Obama administration supports this agenda to the bigger picture expanding Israel, now that it has taken over Palestine, into others.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Well, by those definitions....a good % of the military forces on Earth are guilty of using Chemical weapons and a fair number are guilty of Radiological weapons.

As long as we're clear on what's being said here. There for a minute..it may have been taken to mean REAL chemical weapons. Such as, weapons that kill with chemical exposure? (Napalm is a chemical weapon under this definition. It's silly to an extreme)

I'm baffled by the very creative definition here....because it takes mental gymnastics to reach the conclusion. I mean, W.P. was used extensively by U.S. forces in Vietnam and every war since. As mentioned..it's a common item in the inventories of military forces world wide.

...and there was another thread already run on Depleted Uranium shells. I'm sorry, but comparing that to a dirty bomb for radiological weapon? It's absurd to the point of shooting one's own credibility on the spot. There is a WORLD of difference between a weapon which might leave trace detection of radiation after use ...and a weapon designed to inflict pain, death and area denial by the spread of radioactive material.

Trying to turn one into the other is just creative Israel bashing and it's really getting out where the buses don't run.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by below

You are willing to condemn Syria for their Chemical weapons equally to Israel for their Nuclear, right? After all, they did the same thing. They failed to sign the same agreements in their respective areas of WMD production.

If we want to be intellectually honest....I think it's a fair point. It's just exceptionally rare I see anyone willing to condemn BOTH sides, equally for what is literally the same behavior. Particularly when the behavior has been taken in response to each other, by large part. (Not exclusively....Syria eyes Turkey and Israel eyes several around them... Having multiple wars will do that to both nations)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
If true, I'll betcha that bunkerbuster some claimed they determined from the vids was of course if true to type:

‘Israel used depleted uranium shells in air strike’ – Syrian source

rt.com...
Well, there is some WMDs right there
Remeber Iraq and the 25,000 hiroshimas worth of radiation from DU used on the them when the U$ liberated them (liberated them: I mean liberated them atoms)

but north korea, Iraq, and Iran, bad.......
edit on 5-5-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
This is just getting a bit over the top. Has D.U. caused problems? Yes... I believe it has. Has it been comparable to HIROSHIMA?! Oh..that's just over the top.

That is an A-10 Warthog in a ground test of it's main gun. The Navy CIWS system also uses D.U. or has until recently. Plans to phase it out started in 2010, near as I can determine. However, watch the smoke and dust generated from the rounds the Gatling gun is firing. If that were as radioactive by a fraction of what people are claiming, then every A-10 that's fired the stuff ought to glow in the dark with dead pilots to match. I've never heard of radiation shielding on A-10s and I haven't heard of the Navy having to decontaminate the exposed areas of their ships after firing the CIWS systems.

There is a world of difference between a hazard and a causative relationship to death and lifelong injury. It's the difference between data and propaganda, IMO.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
A additional bit of data that isn't from an MSM source about White Phosphorus.

Laws Regulating Use

According to the Chemical Weapons Convention Schedule of Chemicals, the chemical P4 is neither a toxic chemical nor a precursor to a toxic chemical. Protocol III of The Convention on Prohibition or Restrictions on the Use of Certain Conventional Weapons Which May be Deemed to be Excessively Injurious or to Have Indiscriminate Effects (CCW) prohibits and restricts the use of incendiary weapons in civilian populations. It defines an incendiary weapon as "any weapon or munition which is primarily designed to set fire to objects or to cause burn injury to persons"; this definition excludes "munitions which may have incidental effects, such as illuminants, tracers, smoke or signaling systems." Under that qualification, WP is not necessarily considered an "incendiary weapon" if it incidentally sets buildings on fire. The United States has ratified other protocols and amendments of the CCW, but it has not ratified Protocol III.
(Source: Federation of American Scientists)

Everyone has an absolute right to their own opinion or interpretation of facts. We don't have a right to our own set of facts. W.P. is an incendiary munition, not a chemical weapon.
edit on 5-5-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: Spacing adjustment

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by terriblyvexed
Israel is a crazy nation,

Exactly! The rebels aren't being held in Syria against their will.

It's not North Korea. They will not be shot if they leave.

Therefore, Assad has the right to use any means necessary to keep the rebels from taking over. They are putting innocent Syrians lives at risk. And that includes killing the rebels children with chemical weapons as we have used depleted uranium in Iraq that causes birth defects.

Do as I say, not as I do. It's hypocrisy.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Since this is not North Korea, this whole rebellion is absurd.

The rebels can individually leave and move to Turkey, Russia, America, Austrailia, and begin a life of surfing and drinking beer, which might be violation of Islam, but its definitely not engaging in armed rebellion against Assad when they are not being held there by force.

If Assad was using force to keep Syrians in Syria, and then ruling as a tyrant then the armed rebellion would be justified.

Therefore, logically, and according to law, this makes any attack by Israel unlawful.
edit on 5-5-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-5-2013 by Miracula because: spelling

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

And you're right. So now that we got that out of the way, let North Korea develop and stockpile the same amount of nuclear weapons Israel has.

Hey... its only fair. They're both rogue states, the only difference is Israel is allowed to kill a lot more people at will but I guess we can let that one slide since NK are baby-eating communists and... well thats about it.
edit on 5-5-2013 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

rabbit

Napalm is not a chemical weapon.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

If North Korea can stop telling it's neighbors and nations half way around the world, in vivid detail, how they will use nuclear weapons to destroy their population centers on a regular basis? Well. why not? Aside from the idea that proliferation of ANY kind is pretty much the last thing anyone should be encouraging, anywhere in the world, of course.

Israel has had their weapons, as best estimates, for a few decades now. They not only don't regularly threaten to nuke the cities of their neighbors, the main argument against them is literally that they won't confirm for certain that they have them at all. Now, of course, we know they do because they had one of the guys close enough to production at Dimona, come out and tell-all to the world. Is he still sitting in an Israeli prison? I lost track of what happened to him.....

Anyway... North Korea and Israel aren't really comparable. Anymore than I'd compare North Korea and Pakistan or North Korea and India.

Why is it the MOST *extreme* examples possible to find on Earth are usually the ones best fit to use, whatever to topic in a negative light, for Israel? Their government sucks ...and they've had their own citizens out protesting in the streets as many as 400,000 at a time (Fall of 2011, over a simple thing like cost of living) but they aren't demon spawn as many seem to like to portray. Neither is Assad for that matter. Those nations are both a part of something much larger right now and I just hope both sides can keep from sliding further toward the abyss.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

rabbit

Neither is White Phosphorus... So says International Convention and Treaty. That was my whole point.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

This is just getting a bit over the top. Has D.U. caused problems? Yes... I believe it has. Has it been comparable to HIROSHIMA?! Oh..that's just over the top.

The only way it is comparable to Hiroshima is the amount of area that DU ammo has been used on. Most of the ME has been covered with them. In a three week period in 2003 America used over a thousand tons of this ammo. That can cover one big area.

That is an A-10 Warthog in a ground test of it's main gun. The Navy CIWS system also uses D.U. or has until recently. Plans to phase it out started in 2010, near as I can determine. However, watch the smoke and dust generated from the rounds the Gatling gun is firing. If that were as radioactive by a fraction of what people are claiming, then every A-10 that's fired the stuff ought to glow in the dark with dead pilots to match. I've never heard of radiation shielding on A-10s and I haven't heard of the Navy having to decontaminate the exposed areas of their ships after firing the CIWS systems.

Not necessarily so.
Radiological hazards

According to the World Health Organization, a radiation dose from it would be about 60% of that from purified natural uranium with the same mass; the radiological dangers are lower due to its longer half-life and the removal of the more radioactive isotopes. However, in a matter of a month or so, depleted uranium generates amounts of thorium-234 and protactinium-234, which emit beta particles at almost the same rate as that of the alpha particles from the uranium-238.

So the pilot wouldn't really be in any danger. Because he or she wouldn't be around it for long enough.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

rabbit

Neither is White Phosphorus... So says International Convention and Treaty. That was my whole point.

ah!
hm... ok then... (fat police tone with a doughnut on the left hand and the right hand still on the glock) carry on then citizen... carry on...

edit on 5-5-2013 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

instead of hyperbolie
I'll go with the armies top expert of the day:

Learn About Depleted Uranium From
The US Army's Expert on Depleted Uranium (DU) :
Nuclear Holocaust and The Politics of Radiation
Dr. Doug Rokke Speaking in Los Altos, CA 21apr03

just guessing that somethig like DU is ummm, "safe" doesn't protect you like a hazmat suit would

I suggest you folks read the whole thing..might save your life one day

Gulf War I was the largest friendly fire* incident in the history of American warfare. And the reason for that is because all of the exposures that happened. When I got activated when Gulf War I started, the first few months, I spent three days of the week teaching nuclear and biological and chemical warfare preparations, and medical care and treatment. Because that's my specialty... for many many years.

friendly fire - noun; (Military) firing by one's own side, esp. when it harms one's own personnel Source: The Collins English Dictionary

Then they decided to use uranium munitions. And we shot the heck out of everything. Uranium munitions are probably the most effective weapon your ever going to encounter. These things are the silver bullet. They kill and destroy anything in their path. They are EXTREMELY effective. And what you need to understand, and contrary to what he saw in the media, the DU ground is not coated and it's not tipped. The DU round is solid uranium 238. The M1 tank round is over 10 pounds of solid uranium 238, contaminated with plutonium, neptunium, and americium.*

Uranium, Symbol: U, Atomic number: 92, Atomic weight: 238.02891 (3) g m, CAS Registry ID: 7440-61-1 .
Neptunium, Symbol: Np, Atomic number: 93, Atomic weight: 237, CAS Registry ID: 7439-99-8.
Plutonium, Symbol: Pu, Atomic number: 94, Atomic weight: 244. Americium, Symbol: Am, Atomic number: 95, Atomic weight: 243. www.webelements.com...

During Gulf War I, we fired approximately 380 tons of solid uranium. [In the war in Iraq, estimates by experts are that we shot between 1,000 to 2,000 tons of DU.] This is just the solid uranium component. This is NOT the shells. 380 tons of solid uranium. Now, that [number] came from the individual that actually issued the uranium munitions, who was a member of my team. Totally confirmed by the guy that sent it over from the states, Bill Hubert. And totally confirmed by the guy who issued in theater, David Kiefer (***SP?).

JUST FOR YOU WRABBIT:

The GAU-8 Avenger (right) - The A10 is the only type of aircraft armed with the avenger. This 7-barrel Gatling gun is used primarily to attack targets on the ground. The GAU fires 65 rounds per second, and has a range of over 1250 m. A typical combat ammunition load is 1100 rounds of DU and High Explosives Incendiary (HEI) bullets. Ammunition is loaded in a sequential mixture in which one HEI round is followed by four DU rounds. Source: Military Use of Depleted Uranium (DU) BBC News 2002. Also see: nwww.fas.org...

I got a direct order from Norman G. Schwarzkopf—and he was ordered by the Pentagon—to assign me to clean up the DU mess. That's what I'm working on today. I'm still finishing that order. I'm an army officer. I'm a warrior, an honest-to-God warrior...many many years. Okay? Vietnam and Desert Storm.

Now, when I got up there, assigned to the team as the theater health physicist, and the health physicist on the DU assessment team, and also the medic on the DU assessment team—because I'm an old combat medic from the line infantry from three years, many many years ago. Because I've been military a long time and I've done a lot of different things. We got up there and we all started getting sick within 72 hours. The respiratory problems in the rashes started within 72 hours, not only on our team, but we're seeing this under friendly fire. And I immediately directed medical care for all DU casualties as the theater health physicist...And I got a # pot worth of medals for doing. But they never implemented it.

There's no on unexploded ordinance that's safe. With this stuff goes under fire everything is very unstable. Now, EOD [Explosive Ordnance Disposal] experts in the army won't touch this stuff, ladies and gentlemen, which means that the Army Contaminated Equipment Recovery team, which I'm the health physicist of—or we were as long as we were in favor—are the only guys that do it. Every single member of the army's ACERT* [Army Computer Emergency Response Team] team is under disability today with a minimum of 40 percent [disability compensation], except for one guy. And that guy just did the paperwork. Every member of the army's primary experts are sick...from exposures...from just cleaning it up.

www.mindfully.org...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join