It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dem. Strategist Calls Ted Cruz ‘Most Talented and Fearless Republican Politician’ in Decades

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

Texas Senator Ted Cruz (R) was showered with praise today on ABC's This Week, one Democrat strategist even calling him the "most talented and fearless Republican politician" he's seen in 30 years.

For those that don't know about Ted Cruz, he's a new senator from Texas. He was elected last election. It didn't take long until he drew a lot of attention from the media. He was also one of the leading voices in the Senate against more anti-gun laws.

James Carville remarked, with no scorn or irony apparent in his voice:

I think [Ted Cruz] is the most talented and fearless Republican politician I've seen in the last 30 years. I further think that he's going to run for president, and he is going to create something. I'm not sitting here saying he's going to win, and I think Senator DeMint is right [that he inspires people across the country]. I've listened to excerpts of his speech in South Carolina. He touches every button, and this guy has no fear. He just keeps plowing ahead. And he is going to be something to watch.

Cruz has only been in office for roughly 5 months, and he's gaining quite a deal of attention from his political opposites. I listened to him during election time, and he's actually doing what he said he would. It would be nice if the other senator from Texas, John Cornyn, would be as enthusiastic as Cruz.

More of what Carville said,

And a lot of Republicans feel this way...and you hear this a lot: "If we only got someone who was articulate and was for what we were for, we'd win elections. And we get these John McCains and these Mitt Romneys and these squishy guys that can't do anything." Well, there's one thing this guy is not - he ain't squishy, not in the least.

I really hope McCain gets kicked out next election, and Romney dosent show up for another Presidential election.

In the discussion with Carville, a few other Republicans, such as Rand Paul and Marco Rubio were mentioned, but they apparently don't quite stack up to Cruz.

If all the rising stars held a national debate, Carville asserted, Ted Cruz would "eat their lunch."

These new Reps. look like they're brining some new enthusiasm to the Rep. party, and Cruz just may be the most formidable opponent the Dems see at the moment.

I voted for Cruz, and so far Im pretty happy with him.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

He was born in Canada so I wouldn't get my hopes up for a Cruz presidency any time soon.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I didn't know much about him until the day he called out Dianne Feinstein, after that I knew that I really liked this guy. He has definitely set a tone in D.C. that is for sure.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Anything to take attention away from Rand Paul, even the Democrats are more than willing to help out...

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

Anything to take attention away from Rand Paul, even the Democrats are more than willing to help out...

I think Rand is pretty awesome to (I did like Ron better though). Im all for a Cruz/Paul Paul/Cruz ticket in 2016.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
As pointed out, he was born in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, to an American mother and a Cuban father.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

In 30 years huh?

Wonder what he was doing during the Regean years? In a coma perhaps?

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

Ted would be just fine with me too.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
This is sound like the right propaganda to boost the posible presidential candidate for the Democraps lines. I guess once they lose Obama they better come back with something else.

What else but a possible Latinono" sounding name.
, with the immigration bill been debate that will give 13 million illegals US citizenship the Democraps will do anything to get those votes in their pockets.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
This is sound like the right propaganda to boost the posible presidential candidate for the Democraps lines. I guess once they lose Obama they better come back with something else.

What else but a possible Latinono" sounding name.
, with the immigration bill been debate that will give 13 million illegals US citizenship the Democraps will do anything to get those votes in their pockets.

Those votes are going in their pocket no matter what. The person nominated for the Republican ticket is irrelevant. They're the "free stuff" party.
edit on 6-5-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

No all of it, see I am latina and the niether corrupted entitiy call the political system in this nation will have my vote.

But rest assure that if the Democraps and Republi rats get their immigration bill and the 33 million working visas goes for those that will not fall within the legalization, millions of unemployed Americans would not give a darn either, because is seem that the "free for all" doesn't include legal born americans.

edit on 6-5-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Actually Ted Cruz is one of the best things to happen to the Democratic party in decades. He will pander to the Tea Party crazies and further alienate minorities from the GOP, thus shifting even more votes to Hillary Clinton in 2016

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Actually Ted Cruz is one of the best things to happen to the Democratic party in decades. He will pander to the Tea Party crazies and further alienate minorities from the GOP, thus shifting even more votes to Hillary Clinton in 2016

Sorry, after Wednesday HRC will be destroyed. It will come out from the Benghazi whistleblowers that she lied twice under oath to congress.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by NOTurTypical

No all of it, see I am latina and the niether corrupted entitiy call the political system in this nation will have my vote.

But rest assure that if the Democraps and Republi rats get their immigration bill and the 33 million working visas goes for those that will not fall within the legalization, millions of unemployed Americans would not give a darn either, because is seem that the "free for all" doesn't include legal born americans.

edit on 6-5-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

Oh I know that. My point was that after the Regan amnesty the GOP never got a big boost in votes from Latinos.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Well James Carville has been pretty much discredited in political science circles because his views are frankly all over the place.

From being the Clinton attack dog one day to running campaigns in places like Afghanistan...usually losing campaigns by the way.... he just has no consistency.

Tomorrow he may be saying Cruz is an idiot and he was wrong and nobody would blame Carville for that because that's how he acts nowadays.

I'd believe this more if it came from some more respected people in the field.

top topics

join