It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ghost TV shows gone to places you've been?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jcutler12888
Ghost Adventures went to the Old Charleston Jail. I live in and am a native of Charleston SC and I went on several field trips to the Old Charleston Jail as a kid and pass it all the time. It's a pretty creepy place...

I LOVE doing the Charleston! Dressing up in flapper dresses...
Ooops.

Kidding...

I wrote this in Charleston at a B&B with one of those log spikes through the building.

Having lost his mind; like others in his dept, and dying, he took what he knew and tried to share it... but his insanity and, I'm sure morphine, combined with his knowledge to create a chaotic mosaic of information. One must understand that the information he had acquired is what drove him insane, so weed through his insane mind and ramblings, and look at the overall result.... hmmmm...NOTHING.
\

Yeas, I was high.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Forests
I LOVE doing the Charleston! Dressing up in flapper dresses...
Ooops.

Kidding...

I love flapper dresses!! LOL

I wrote this in Charleston at a B&B with one of those log spikes through the building.

Having lost his mind; like others in his dept, and dying, he took what he knew and tried to share it... but his insanity and, I'm sure morphine, combined with his knowledge to create a chaotic mosaic of information. One must understand that the information he had acquired is what drove him insane, so weed through his insane mind and ramblings, and look at the overall result.... hmmmm...NOTHING.
\

Yeas, I was high.

Not bad, your writing is very...intriguing. Do you by chance remember the name of the B&B? Do you visit Charleston often?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by madmark

I once took a tour of the Old City Jail, in Charleston, South Carolina. I wasn't able to catch anything on camera at the time, but I did have a personal experience. After the tour (I was on the final one of the evening) the hostess, a friendly twenty-something, and I talked for a little while about the history of the building, and other experiences from staff and tourist alike. None were like my own, which I found interesting. I learned from her that TAPS had come to investigate once, but that they were extremely demanding, unprofessional, and rather mean. Suffice it to say, the Old City Jail never showed up on any "Ghost Hunters" episodes. Later on, I caught an episode of "Ghost Adventures" where they also went to the Old City Jail.

So, yeah, I guess I could say that I've been somewhere that TV ghost hunters have gone to.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

If you're willing, would you please share your personal experience? I'd love to hear about it.

I don't think the Ghost Hunters team is going about things the right way...they have so many people and cameras in one location at one time, it just seems counterproductive. On the other hand, the Ghost Adventures team (Zak, Nick, and Aaron) go into the locations with just their core three man team, which seems to work a bit better.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jcutler12888

There's a room at the jail where, legend has it, an old woman was imprisoned. I believe it was for having killed her daughter, although I could be wrong. It's been a while since I took the tour. While in the prison she was known for stealing items. Briefly, while listening to the tour guide, one of my rings disappeared from my finger. When we went to leave the room, it was back. I hadn't felt it slide off, or back on. It was interesting. The hostess said no one else had ever reported something like that.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wandering Scribe

I once took a tour of the Old City Jail, in Charleston, South Carolina. I wasn't able to catch anything on camera at the time,

So did I and my PFL eveshi. It sucked. cold, dark, damp, made us sneeze. No spirits except for apparitions walking thru walls. Big deal.

Nothing at all impressive as a good physical medium seance.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Wow...how weird! I haven't been there in many years and I wasn't there on a ghost tour or anything, just for educational purposes concerning local history, and the place had a creepy vibe. I've wanted to go back now that I'm older for the express purpose of learning about its paranormal activity and related stories.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Ghost Adventures did an episode at La Purissima Mission in Lompoc, near where I live. They concluded that the ghosts are more active when the volunteers are in period costume when they are holding events. That makes a certain amount of sense to me. I've talked to some of the volunteers at the events and they have plenty of stories!
My grandson loves GA so when he had to do a school project on the mission, we conducted our own "Ghost Adventure". We actually caught stuff on the audio recorder...a couple of voices and the sound of a swinging metal gate. There aren't any metal gates there currently.
On a separate visit I have felt something brush my hand while walking across the field where GA said they caught video of a soldier.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The Old Bermuda Inn on Staten Island. It was on a Haunted Places show. I went to a wedding there it was a nice wedding but the power went out in the middle for no apparent reason. Who knows if it was the ghost or a short but it made the evening interesting!

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I think the coolest "haunted" place I've been with a lot of history is Savanah, GA. Because it's right off the ocean, it's where a lot of the first people who came to america settled, and there is SO much history there!

I'm sure a lot of the TV Shows have been there to investigate many of the legends which reside there.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by greenskin12

That reminds me! I've been to the Moon River Brewing Company in Savannah GA, Ghost Adventures went there.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I am based in the north of the UK and interested in history generally. I have been a paying guest with a company that organizes 'ghost hunts' and two of the places 'we' have recently visited I have been to before. On both previous occasions when I was just a public visitor, I sensed localized cold spots in certain places. Also, on one of these prior occasions the video footage I took had some 'light anomalies' on it. When I visited as a guest of this company, I was able to stay longer and by myself in the active areas in each of these locations. The effects I got were much stronger than previous and I had the feeling that the more one visits a place - the more one is likely to somehow build up a sort of energy or connection. Maybe if I go another time, it'll be even stronger.To be honest, I'm a bit scared about that but I'll probably go anyway!

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I've been to The Queen Mary in Long Beach & also The Winchester Mystery House in San Jose. Both have been featured in numerous ghost hunting tv shows. The Winchester Mystery House was super fun. We did the night time flash light tour. Didn't see anything paranormal, but would go back to the Winchester house in a heart beat.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Wow...how weird! I haven't been there in many years and I wasn't there on a ghost tour or anything, just for educational purposes concerning local history, and the place had a creepy vibe. I've wanted to go back now that I'm older for the express purpose of learning about its paranormal activity and related stories.

Jennifer Gail, you don't remember me and eveshi, do you?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jcutler12888

When I went, I stayed at the River Street Inn, which is supposed to be haunted. We also went to the Pirate House, which is also supposed to be haunted. When we went on the Haunted Hearse tour, I took a lot of photos, and ended up with a lot of orbs, and a really cool pic with a lot of unexplained lights.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Forests

You know my middle name, LOL! No, I don't remember. I'm sorry...my memory is horrible.

edit on 5/13/2013 by jcutler12888 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by greenskin12

Sounds like you had an awesome trip! I go to Savannah pretty often and I haven't checked out any places other than the Moon River Brewing Company but I wanna check out some other places soon.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

You know my middle name, LOL! No, I don't remember. I'm sorry...my memory is horrible.

You don't remember eveshi my PFL, he's sooooooo cute.

OK, I didn't think you would remember me, no one does.
You were so kind to eveshi and you treated my, well,ok.

<< 1   >>

join