It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ghost TV shows gone to places you've been?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
just curious because an episode of the "Haunted Collector" went to a once abandoned house 5 minute from my home. it was the episode "California Nightmare" there is a whole urban legend about the house that it was a KKK house and the guy killed his whole family then killed himself in the house. needless to say me and my friends would go there and cause chaos. it was funny seeing the house on TV and them going to the fire place mantel and having the new owner say "there was cult writing all over this and animal bones" i remember it like that but knew it was just hooligans like me messing around. they came to the same conclusion in the show and didn't find anything.

here is the episode description from wikipedia:
Next, the team heads to Glendora, California, where they investigate a law enforcement officer's 10-acre property home where he says weird knocking sounds and dark shadows terrify him and his family. Through research, it is learned that the house first belonged to a wealthy family who threw lavish parties in the 1940s and left it abandoned. Then in the 1980s, the home became a halfway house for criminals and drug addicts.

yeah i know boring. but have any of these shows gone to haunted places you've explored?

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by madmark

I have seen a few of the places I've visited being investigated on paranormal type shows. St. Augustine light house is one and probably the most popular. It's one that Ghost Hunters did a couple shows on. That's not why I'm replying to this thread though. Your question actually reminded me of something.

This weekend, I was at an event and a lady who is an acquaintance of mine was talking about a picture that was taken on a Civil War battlefield that got her flown to LA to be put on a ghost hunting show and also resulted in camera crews going to the battlefield to investigate. She showed me the picture on her phone and it was so obviously a picture of cigarette smoke that I just wanted to laugh and roll my eyes. I'm too nice to do that though so I just kind of nodded my head and listened to her go on and on about it.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by madmark

I remember a show going to the USS Yorktown once. They had a great time and got all kinds of scared. I've been there a few times. Stayed during the overnight shift of a 24hr ham radio event. It was definitely very creepy. It was tempting to take a flashlight to explore to the engine room but I couldn't convince myself to go! We did have a few weird things happen, though I don't dare say it was a ghost or anything. We had three transmitter stations set up in three areas. I was on the Single Sideband HF rig and all of a sudden we lost power. I checked with the digital station and they had lost power too. We both then checked with the CW station in the com trailer and... It had lost power too. Turned out two generators died at the exact same time and they were separated by several hundred feet and an aircraft carrier. On top of that, a battery bank failed. It was quite weird. Luckily we had spare RV batteries, but it was still an unusual event.

All that goes to say this, we really didnt experience anything paranorml and ghost like, but I think the fact that I'd seen the show and heard the rumors of hauntings played something into the atmosphere of te entire experience.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Personal stuff...I'm experiencing some paranormal activity in my home but it seems to be something following me.

It's been like this for about 12 years (my son is turning 12 on the 9th) it started soon after he was born. My ex (the boy mother) used to flip out anytime something strange happened. Sometimes it's knocking on doors, unlocking baby gates (when they're asleep, flipping blind open and so on.

Me and the ex parted ways couple of years after and i then went to do what any good looking mid 20's dude would do and then met the mother of my beautiful daughters then, it came back...

I'm not paranoid and don't have any mental issues before you ask

I learned to live with it and simply accept the fact that something is with me and may be looking after me but i got to say that's sometimes, it can be the most annoying bum I've ever met lol

Sorry if this was not really related to this but I somewhat felt like I had to share.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
As a matter of fact, yeah... Pythian Castle is not too far away from where I'm at and has been the subject of a Discovery show, looking into the rumors, legends and ghostly happenings.

Pythian Castle - Springfield, Mo

It's an interesting place and one of those locations that you can feel from the outside, if that makes sense. Certainly a place to stop into if someone is through the area with free time.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I live in Edinburgh in the UK, hardly a day goes by without some haunting investigation show visiting, people seem interested in a lot of old buildings around here. Here you're considered crazy if you don't believe in hauntings... o_o

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I've delivered beer to this place, kinda creepy because I knew about this:

Before it was a pizza restaurant, it was a Circle K convenience store, where a clerk was shot and killed during a robbery....
edit on 5-5-2013 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
There have been a few around the corner for me.It is a truly creepy place.

The team heads to Louisville, Ky., to investigate the Waverly Hills Sanatorium. Opened in 1926, it was one of the country's most advanced tuberculosis hospitals, where experimental surgeries were performed. Jason has heard rumors of full-body apparitions, sounds, voices and screams that have put the building on many paranormal investigators' to-do lists. Jason and Grant meet with Tina Mattingly, co-owner of the sanatorium. She takes them to Room 502, where people have sighted the ghost of a nurse, who hung herself in the 1930s because of an unwanted pregnancy. There have also been instances of women walking into a nurse's station, getting sick, and having to leave the room. Both Tina and Byron George, a security guard, have seen mysterious lights travel from the room to the roof, where Tina has seen "shadow people" crossing back and forth. Tina says that on the third floor she has seen the figure of a man with long, frizzy hair, wearing a trench coat and standing in the doorway of the elevator with a white dog lying on the floor nearby. When she walked toward the dog, it disappeared. She found out later that a homeless man and his dog had died in the elevator shaft. She takes them to the morgue, shows them body trays, and explains that 63,000 people have died in the sanatorium.

www.syfy.com...

Decent golf course at the bottom of the hill.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
I've delivered beer to this place,

Beer delivery?
What state do you live in?

Darryl Forests

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Forests

Louisiana

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I stayed at The Inn at Villalon in Middletown, Rhode Island. I forget what show it was on. Supposedly the guy that built the place was having an open affair. He would actually have tea on the front porch with his mistress while his wife was in the house. One day he came home and was shot dead on the front steps. I didn't realize that it was supposedly haunted until I saw the show a few years later.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Nope but they SHOULD come here i guarantee the pit buildings next to me will make them scream like little girls

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, Colorado. Ghost Hunters come up here often. I wish they wouldn't , but my opinion means nada. LOL

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
S&F! Great topic.
Up until a couple years ago, I lived in Ohio my whole life. I've been to these investigated locations:

Wright Patterson AFB & Museum
en.wikipedia.org...
Ghost Hunters investigated the air base, and some of the reportedly haunted museum

Mansfield Reformatory
en.wikipedia.org...
Ghost Hunters & Ghost Adventures

Prospect Place
en.wikipedia.org...
Ghost Hunters & Ghost Adventures
I actually worked up the road from this place for a few years. Pretty spooky

Thurber House
en.wikipedia.org...
Ghost Hunters
A high school friend works at the Columbus Metro Library and actually helped out the producers with information for this episode.

Bissman Building
Ghost Hunters
A good friend of mine knows the family that owns the building. Trying to setup an overnight. (hopefully)

And lastly, I graduated from Ohio University in Athens, Ohio. Fox's Scariest Places On Earth did an episode there, though it was way over produced with cheesy re-enactments of known legends. This place was a beautiful place to live, but also one of the strangest. You can read about all of the ghost stories in and around Athens and my experiences here:
Part 1: www.abovetopsecret.com...
Part 2: www.abovetopsecret.com...
Part 3: www.abovetopsecret.com...
Part 4: www.abovetopsecret.com...
Part 5: www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 6-5-2013 by jtrenthacker because: Added remark

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
thanks for the responses!

i forgot i went to the Queen Mary as a child with my mother. a janitor left the door to the pool ajar so we could go and look around. this is where the little girl drowned and is supposedly haunted. and my mom shoved me in a dark creepy room and held the door closed on me. thanks mom lol. it must have been a bar that wasn't being used with chairs up on the tables etc. and even back then i had seen a bunch of shows on how its haunted so i freaked!!!

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
OMG!! Wright-Patterson, isn't that where Andrew Basiago time teleported? He's mu hero.

Darryl Forests

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Ghost Collector went to St. Albans Psychiatric Hospital which is right down the road from me in Radford, VA. The crew found a very old device used for electroshock therapy back in the day. Ghost Hunters were just there April 26-28 2013. I await the show to see what they found.

There is old buildings and they built onto it back in the 80's but today the whole place is a ghost of its former self. Hehe. Now one of the local colleges has offices there.

Personally growing up the only thing I heard about the place was a couple of people escaped and made their way to the bridge passing over the New River and jumped off committing suicide but have never heard about any paranormal activity there.
edit on 6-5-2013 by Terminal1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by madmark

Yep - same show "Haunted Collector", Season 1, Episode 5 - Spooner Residence, Rivervale, NJ. This was a townhome in a development in which several of my friends lived. Although I'm a sensitive and never felt anything funky within the development itself, I never knew of this particular townhouse or their claims of a haunting when I lived there.

Having said that, there's no denying that the entire area is rife with residual energy from horrific battles fought during the Revolutionary War era, such as The Baylor Massacre (Shadowlands Site). At one point in my life, I lived in a house a mile up the road from the Massacre site and it was not unusual for me or one of my kids to see the shadowy forms of soldiers wandering around our backyard or through the stream that was in the back of our property.
edit on 5/6/2013 by timidgal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Ghost Adventures went to the Old Charleston Jail. I live in and am a native of Charleston SC and I went on several field trips to the Old Charleston Jail as a kid and pass it all the time. It's a pretty creepy place...

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I went to Lily Dale and it was AWESOME. Disappointed there was no good lookin' guy named "Lily Dale" but me and my love eveshi saw spooks and orbs and sat in seance with goofy people and the medium went CRAZY and his face got all covered with mist and he spoke like a Indian Chief. Then an Indian woman came to us and the medium started dancing around asking for whiskey (no one in their rite mind gives an Indian firewater lol) and smoking this little pipe looked like a crack pipe (how would I know?)
full of tobacco.

She/he/medium would twirl and twist and it was kinda sexy if it hadn't been [B]FRIGHTENING AS ALL GET OUT[/B]

edit on 7-5-2013 by Forests because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join