It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non interference treaty?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
no idea where to post this but heres my idea...

i wrote my idea based on the prime directive from star trek, i wrote it because i believe we are being foolish to think we know best and are hurting more than helping with our interference, good or otherwise.

updated

"the right of each nation to live in accordance with its own cultural, economic and political evolution shall not be infrindged, no developed nation may interfere with the development of any undeveloped nation. Such interference includes the introduction of technology, foreign aid of any kind, military or political personel and/or actions regarding such personel or any form of contact unless said nation becomes a direct overwhelming threat to developed nations and/or unless acting to right an earlier violation or an accidental contamination of said nation. This takes precedence over any and all other considerations, it is in the best interest of maintaining natural development of nations and to prevent reliance on and abuse from more powerful advanced nations."

mind you its my first draft so i need to perfect it.

[edit on 4-11-2004 by namehere]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Well Namehere, regardless of where you got your idea, its on the same premise I mention on one other thread, but in less words that you shared....

Can we Just get along?

There comes a time that those that represents a cause need to sit down and talk! We/Us/Them have a need to be heard. There will be a chance to find a peaceful outcome if the desire is there to do so. It goes without saying, that not all issues will be seen the same way, however, there is no difference in the need to understand and resolve our differences by words that will give life, not death in the conversation.

If we were to look at the entire world, every Nation,every State,every belief system that we pray to... anything that is ugly, in each moral aspect, no one is not gulity.

Right now, were not pro-active, just re-active to each each threat that wishes to express their need to be heard for whatever the cause may be.

Emotions are what drives the Hate, or Love that will get to a real solution, or not!

Now how do we go about getting this concept to work?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
i just think time will be the only thing that will show us that our good intentioms dont always help and can many times do more harm.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   
At least there is a new concept being applied here.... it can remain simple!

Iraqis Say U.S. Should Talk More, Shoot Less

By Khaled Yacoub Oweis

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Leading Iraqi politicians called on re-elected President Bush on Thursday to rely more on talks and less on the gun to solve Iraq's problems.

The United States should stop acting like an occupier, hand more control to Iraqis and stop backing a security apparatus that could start resembling that of Saddam Hussein, they said.

"American use of unchecked force will not work. Look at the security forces that have multiplied in the past few months. The result has been less security, not more, said Haidar al-Ubadi," a senior official in the Shi'ite Al-Dawa party, which worked with U.S. and British forces after last year's Iraq war to peacefully stabilize several Iraqi cities.

"There cannot be two democratic standards, one for America and one for the Third World," he said. "Bush's policy of relying on the military and allowing former ruling Baath party members back is stifling society."

Although Iraq's government has been trying to co-opt former Saddam loyalists by offering them jobs, it has failed to convince former Baathists in Sunni regions such as Falluja west of Baghdad to lay down their arms.

Officials say followers of Jordanian militant Abu Musab al-Zarqawi are also in Falluja.

CIVILIAN DEATHS

Iraq's Deputy Foreign Minister Hamid al-Bayati said the insurgency was partly due to mistakes Bush made earlier.

"Using force that kills civilians on a large scale is a mistake. The logic of occupation must end. Bush's main mistake was not to let an Iraqi provisional government take power after Saddam was toppled," he said.

"The resistance operations were seen coming as soon as the United States kept acting as an occupier. The solution now must include the Americans lessening their presence on the streets."

Iraq's Interim Prime Minister Iyad Allawi said force must be used against those who have attacked civilians and want power through violence. Hundreds of civilians have also died in U.S. attacks on Falluja and other cities this year.

Iraqi Vice President Ibrahim al-Jaafari said he understood Bush's view that the country had to be secure before Iraqis could assume more control, but that loss of civilian lives could undermine this position.

"We now look forward for Mr Bush and the international community to realize their promises on sovereignty, prosperity and stability," Jaafari told Reuters.

"Force is the last option, and it has to be confined (to being used) against those who are callously killing Iraqis."

Iraq's National Security Adviser Mowaffaq al-Rubaie, who was sidelined after opposing U.S. attacks to crush Shi'ite rebels in the holy city of Najaf three months ago, said Iraqis have to take of their share of the blame for the chaos.

"Iraq is George Bush's baby and I think he remains committed to a federal, democratic Iraq," he said, "The performance of the interim government is worrying."

11/04/04 17:06

I hope the right people are listening!

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   
The problem is, what happens when a government turns a blind eye to those that attack another nation *cough - terrorists - cough*

Is the country reacting warented, or are they breaking the truce? How about the country that turns the blind eye?

Then you would have to make all sorts of sub-laws and then people will find loop holes.

Better to speak softly and carry a big stick

new topics

top topics

join