It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coldest Spring On Record?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I'm one of those weather nerds, and I was wondering how this spring compared to average. According to one source, it's on pace to be the coldest on record.

The forecast for the first two weeks of May is well below normal, so odds are that the spring of 2013 will be the coldest on record in the US.

Link

I'm not sure how reliable this source is or if it will be the record, but it is certainly one of the cooler springs we've had in a while.

For those of you getting tired of the cold, most long range forecasts are predicting average temperatures heading into the summer, but then again they also predicted a warmer than average spring. So it doesn't appear it will be the year without a summer, but it also won't be a scorcher like last summer.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Maybe if you live in the Mid-North it is... Here on the North West its blazing hot, usually rainy at this time.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by cass1dy09
Maybe if you live in the Mid-North it is... Here on the North West its blazing hot, usually rainy at this time.

I'm in Western Canada and it's....HOT!!!!!!

Don't like it one bit.

Peace

link   
sorry i'm not contributing but all i can say is i'm pretty messed up, physically and do not have many years left for the physical ability to dig and plant my garden and i'm oldschool, hand digging.. etc.. and i refuse to let anyone else help or do it for me so the fact that it's been rather cold here, pennsylvania, i'm quite sad about it. maybe a rant post is in order haha.
edit on 5-5-2013 by n3mesis because: stupid spelling error

link   
Oh crap!!!
Now they'll have to switch from GLOBAL WARMING to GLOBAL FREEZING.

Carbon tax if it gets too warm.
and
You don't produce enough carbon, pay us some tax!

ETA: I'm down south(UK). Its mild here, quite normal really.
edit on 5-5-2013 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by cass1dy09

Yep we are like .5 away from the all time record i'm loving it.

But this all seems completely normal to me living on this planet. I'd expect it to be 'abnormally' cold somewhere at all times as the weather is never really a constant thing but a reaction to a bunch of others.

Likewise it should be 16 here and rainy/cloudy but it's like 27 and sunny so thats where the heat eventually found itself instead being dispersed equally throughout the mid-west.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
It has been a little cool and rainy here in Kentucky.But I have seen it snow for the Derby before.Just a fluctuation is all.

www.ncdc.noaa.gov...

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Global warming leads to global freezing...

Too much ice, water coming from the frozen ice in poles messes with the Gulf Stream. If it reaches some critical mass, it might even stop the Gulf Stream, which leads to new ice age in certain areas.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cabin
reply to post by VoidHawk

Global warming leads to global freezing...

Too much ice, water coming from the frozen ice in poles messes with the Gulf Stream. If it reaches some critical mass, it might even stop the Gulf Stream, which leads to new ice age in certain areas.

Go on say it...I dare ya!
GLOBAL FREEZING LEADS TO GLOBAL WARMING
There I said it for you

It seems every kind of weather leads to global bleedin warming

What a racket!

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I can say it's been unusually cold this Spring in New England.
I've been freezing my hiney off. I'm hoping it warms up a bit.
We are still using the heat! Expensive!!!

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by n3mesis

I am with you here in Pa we are freezing .. well it is warming up, but almost all of my plants are gone

except the Hostas and Rudbeckia Goldstrum.. my Roses just sproted a few leaves and I have lost almost all my perennials including my 15 year old ever growing mass of Bee Balm ....we are just now getting leaves or buds on our trees ....still have the heat on in the house till noonish ..years past I was ALWAYS planted fully the week before Mothers Day. There are barely any plants offered in my neighboring florist centers..... My hummers just arrived where they always came mid April ... We are REALLY off this year it stinks because we never get a Indian Summer here so now it's from late June to maybe mid August for decent weather (maybe) I would love to know whats going on .. wondering if it has anything to do with the large earthquakes taking us off our axis??? Somethings up.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by cleverhans

First they tell us its the coldest then they say its the hottest, then the coldest then the hottest...

How about this: there are weather patterns and "climate change" has very little or nothing to with it.

Regardless, lets create yet another exchange where carbon credits can be bought and sold, the proceeds of-course, going to the banksters...

edit on 5-5-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
North Texas reporting in........a 4 day north wind blowing right now...that never happens in May.....( also, quiet....no tornados yet)shhhh

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by cleverhans

Colder than usual, and drier than usual here in Montana. The trees are usually starting to leaf out by now, and all I have are the start of buds, and I desperately need the grass to grow so I can stop haying these critters. But it has been warming up the last few days. I'm crossing my fingers.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I just moved from central Indiana to north Texas, I was hoping for some warm weather, instead the winter has followed me down here, it has been colder in Texas so far this year, than it normally is in Indiana at the same time.

Ggrrrrr, I hope it wamrs up soon.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Drought here in California, while still being cooler than average. TPTB should have called it Climate Re-organization. Calling it Global Warming was a mistake as some hillbilly had a couple of cold years and swore that their little spot in the world, defined the world.....

Just took a ride up and down the Pacific Coast Highway, everything that is usually green was brown. Flowers were in the last stages of life. Oh and SoCal caught on fire again, nearly five months earlier than the usual fire season....

Things are changing and while one can argue all the reasons, the fact change is happening is no longer arguable.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus
Drought here in California, while still being cooler than average. TPTB should have called it Climate Re-organization. Calling it Global Warming was a mistake as some hillbilly had a couple of cold years and swore that their little spot in the world, defined the world.....

Just took a ride up and down the Pacific Coast Highway, everything that is usually green was brown. Flowers were in the last stages of life. Oh and SoCal caught on fire again, nearly five months earlier than the usual fire season....

Things are changing and while one can argue all the reasons, the fact change is happening is no longer arguable.

1. I agree that change is happening.

2. Summarily categorizing all people that disagree with your point of view in some demeaning way detracts from your point. Or rather, in this case betrays your true one.

3. I think Climate Re-organization does seem rather a vague term designed to not offend anyone, but the terms associated with the alarmist aspects of the science that are being socially rejected won't do anything but irritate most people now. This is not logical perhaps, but the terms are imbued with negative connotations and too many people just tune out as soon as they hear "Global Warming" and even "Climate Change".

4. I am probably that hillbilly...

edit on 5-5-2013 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-5-2013 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
here in scotland we had snow in the highlands on friday on wedensday it was hot

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
According to my electric bill graphs, this past april's average temp was 9 degrees cooler than last year. That's a lot. I'm in North Texas.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
So are you guys ready to accept the Chemtrails/Geo-Engineering yet?

Probably not...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join