It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AK-47-Wielding Gunman Fires 37 Times at Shocked Cops During Routine Traffic Stop (Video)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
reply to post by Miracula

How many know it is free? I was not aware I could go to a therapist and get free treatment.

In emergencies where you pose a risk to yourself or others they have to treat you.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by extraterrestrialentity
Of course, when the police shoot at people, you can't shoot back, and it's always justified for some reason.

But if you dare shoot at the police, expect to get 50 bullets in your body. No wonder people are starting to go crazy.

Don't shoot. Unless you intend to hit your target.

The police never shoot to maim. The reason is simple. If you shoot a person, and that person lives, lawsuits always follow. So, because of the litigious society, police never take the risk of having the target live.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Good job guys you got him.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Suicide by Cop....

100% guaranteed to work....100% of the time...

You can hear him yell "KILL ME!'

The fact of the AK being used should not phase judgement on this nutcase, could have been any gun, or any weapon.

Well...except your everyday rifle can't do that.
He fired off 37 rounds out of his 40 round clip.
That's why the AK figures into the equation .

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SQUEALER
The police never shoot to maim. The reason is simple. If you shoot a person, and that person lives, lawsuits always follow. So, because of the litigious society, police never take the risk of having the target live.

I am sure it has nothing to do with the fact that "oh hey look that suspect is trying to kill me or my partner, Im going to eliminate that threat" .

I bet every single LEO that has ever had to fire a gun says to themselves ," I should kill this guy so I dont get sued"

really, you believe that?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
That dude couldn't shoot for crap. It's not that I want them to die, the cops, I just can't believe he was that bad a shot. Those officers are blessed; I'm wondering if he was even trying to kill them ...
edit on 7-5-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
The blind cop hate is so obvious and ridiculous.

Freedom of speech. You have to love it. We send soldiers to fight and die to protect it.

I could listen to a song like Copkiller and it wouldn't affect my attitude towards police.

Other people...

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
So... how does the first post, here (replied to) get slammed with the...

Originally posted by Wertdagf
post removed because the user was engaged in partisan political trolling

But, the reply doesn't?!:

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Wertdagf

Looks like ATS and the republican party lost another member.

Republican? Do you have a source for that?

Actually, I believe he was a democrat based on the info I found. He must have been…police say he was unemployed.

"There's no really criminal history to this guy. He didn't work. He was a loner," said Middlefield Police Chief Arnold Stanko.
WKYC

Just find it interesting.

edit on 5/7/2013 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by k1k1to
GOD BLESS the AK

and may that brave man R.I.P

he surrendered and was still shot in cold blood

Yeh...he surrendered all his bullets to the cops.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA

I bet every single LEO that has ever had to fire a gun says to themselves ," I should kill this guy so I dont get sued"

really, you believe that?

Yup !

Makes life easy for the cop. Clean kill. Problem solved. Case closed.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by Signals
Suicide by Cop....

100% guaranteed to work....100% of the time...

You can hear him yell "KILL ME!'

The fact of the AK being used should not phase judgement on this nutcase, could have been any gun, or any weapon.

Absolutely looks and sounds like suicide by cop.

Not uncommon at all.

But he had to arrive at this point somehow. Could be as simple as a divorce.

Peace

with MANY shooters/ suiciders its typically been SSRIs

Whether this is true here I can only guess
however in general:
Bartenders are held accountable for the actions of the people whom they serve
why not doctors and pharmacutical companies and the regulators that overlook the contra-indications and approve these drugs?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Anyone know if AK's come in other calibers than 7.62?

Cops took a long time after they pulled him over but you can hear them talking to each other while in the car saying something about the driver moving, so maybe they were watching to see what to do.

Looks like the after suspect walked away from his car and went back he was shot in the hand, than says "kill me" and starts shooting with only one hand on the rifle, possibly getting hit again in the abdomen area which is when he goes on a knee. Have no problem with how the officer unloaded on him at the end.

While i have had problems with SOME cops abusing their power and down right doing illegal things, i dont think these officers deserved this. Glad they made it out and the suspect was a piss poor shot.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SharkFlyinHigh
Anyone know if AK's come in other calibers than 7.62?

AKs? Sure... Theres a LOT of "AKs"

47s? No. 7.62×39mm

However, you do have some that can look like ak47s but are not ak47s (in fact are not even aks) that chamber different rounds like 5.56/223 or 308 (and no the ak47 cant chamber the 308 - 7.62×51)

But... whats your point?
edit on 7-5-2013 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Well it was a AK type rifle that was used and from all the shots the suspect didnt kill a cop. So, just wondering if it was possible he wasn't firing 7.62. Thats it. Thanks.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

Read the post I replied to. The poster asked why a civilian needs an AK. It is simple, for target practice and some use it for hunting. If no one is being hurt it should not matter why I want one. Ask why is the first step to wanting to take it.

As for the police shooting back I have no issue with that. Did I make it seem as if I did?

Raist

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Miracula

By then it is too late. Their mental health should be fixed before that time or you get people doing this.

Raist

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I love huntin with my AK, when I smoke a rabbit I am usually able to find some blood and fur!
Last week I salvaged me me a deer hoof and part of an ear.
edit on 8-5-2013 by cholo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raist

Read the post I replied to. The poster asked why a civilian needs an AK. It is simple, for target practice and some use it for hunting. If no one is being hurt it should not matter why I want one. Ask why is the first step to wanting to take it.

As for the police shooting back I have no issue with that. Did I make it seem as if I did?

Raist

Hi Raist, no, I wasn't suggesting you personally had an issue with the police firing back, I was commenting that there seemed to be more people shocked by that than any suggestion of gun grabbing.

I take your point about the post you refer to, but questioning why a civilian needs an AK47 is one thing, to suggest that the post means grab all guns (admittedly implied rather than explicitly stated) seems to me to be a completely different point.

Just my opinion.
edit on 8-5-2013 by something wicked because: typo

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by cholo
I love huntin with my AK, when I smoke a rabbit I am usually able to find some blood and fur!
Last week I salvaged me me a deer hoof and part of an ear.
edit on 8-5-2013 by cholo because: (no reason given)

So tell me the last time you shot an AK? Seriously you need some pointers, how often do you shoot one?

Some people do use them to hunt hog, coyotes, and yes deer. After you tell me about the last time you shot an AK we can talk about the specifics.

Raist

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

As I said though it does not talk much for a person to go from why do you need one to we need laws passed so you cannot have one.

The poster might not have outright said it but if you have ever listened to the politicians debate gun control and banning of certain firearms their first question is "why do people need such a gun?".

The obvious answer is because I can, because I am responsible with all my firearms, and most importantly unless I am hurting someone it is no ones business what I have and why I want it. I am not getting on you about this, but it is a tired argument and it gets really old seeing the question. It should not matter why people get them or if they want one. There are thousands if not millions of AKs and ARs in the U.S.. This is one incident, it is not a common thing.

Look at this.

www.bbc.co.uk...

The federal Bureau of Justice Statistics said firearms-related homicides had dropped to 11,101 in 2011 from 18,253 - a reduction of 39%.

Meanwhile, the Pew Research Center found gun homicides fell to 3.6 per 100,000 people in 2010 from 7 in 1993.

Do you know why people think gun violence has gone up? It is because the new reports every incident and the politicians use every incident to further their gun control. They make it sound worse than it is. So yes when people ask the question of why someone needs a firearm of any kind I get a little ruffled up. They want to disarm us.

Don't get me wrong in my life time they will never remove the guns from the hands of the citizens. However, I believe that by the time I have grandchildren or great grandchildren the firearms will be so rare you will not even know people have them. They will not even have to take them from us. They are putting it in peoples heads that firearms are bad. By that time the people will freely hand them in and not even ask for money for them because they will see it as doing their country a service and it will be an honor to do so.

Why do people need an AK or an AR? Because they want it. If they are responsible leave them be and let them have it and anyone asking can learn to mind their own business.

Raist

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join