It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AK-47-Wielding Gunman Fires 37 Times at Shocked Cops During Routine Traffic Stop (Video)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Did the search thing using the exact title of the vid. No results so...

Terrifying dash-cam footage captures the moment a crazed motorist opened fire with an AK-47 rifle at police officers who had just pulled him over for a minor traffic violation in Middlefield, Ohio. James Gilkerson, 42, exited his parked car and then fired 37 shots at the officers and their patrol car, the Cleveland Plain Dealer reported. Officers Erin Thomas and Brandon Savage returned fire, killing Gilkerson.

GRAPHIC

My only guess is that this might happen a lot more as people get even more frustrated at police behavior, angrier with trying to survive, disgusted with World events or pissed at their eroding rights and freedoms. Or all of it?

Stanko said eight 40-round magazines were found inside Gilkerson’s car, as well as some disturbing reading material (e.g., Backyard Rocketry: Converting Model Rockets into Explosive Missiles and Homemade Detonators: How to Make Them)

And then there is the fact that sometimes people are just plain crazy or are hiding something?

Also

"He was a scumbag, and a terrorist, and he's dead," Stanko said.

Gotta use the "Terrorist" label everywhere now.

Peace

edit on 5-5-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
It's a good bet he was fully funded by our own FBI

Pretty sad to see this actually...
edit on 5-5-2013 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Wow!!
What really surprises me is the people in the background. Just crossing the road like nothings happened

I'll look closer at this as it does seem a little odd to me.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Of course, when the police shoot at people, you can't shoot back, and it's always justified for some reason.

But if you dare shoot at the police, expect to get 50 bullets in your body. No wonder people are starting to go crazy.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
It's a good bet he was fully funded by our own FBI

Pretty sad to see this actually...
edit on 5-5-2013 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

Very possible these days. Nothing would surprise me.

Peace

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
Wow!!
What really surprises me is the people in the background. Just crossing the road like nothings happened

I'll look closer at this as it does seem a little odd to me.

I also went to the source and not much more to offer:

www.cleveland.com...

Peace

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Don't want to sign back on to Google, Jude. I'll just
take your word for it being graphic. bumped.
Every day in every way, we're coming apart at the seams.
A good indicator of things kicking off inside the country is
when a large group of people with a like mind to the decedent
meet the same inevitable halt to their behavior.
I just wonder how many at a time will make the 'tipover point'...
and how visibly so the MSM can't spin the crazy card.
Oh yeah, it's D... all of the above. But how continually stepped
on does somebody have to feel in order to suicide by cop?

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Having never shot anything I'm not sure if what I see, OR don't see, is relevant, but at that range I would have expected to see signs of impact on the guy. Its clear by the smoke from both sides of the car that two police guns were being fired, and the guy appears to have been hit.
If he was hit shouldn't we see him or his clothing being knocked backwards?

+1 more 
posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Suicide by Cop....

100% guaranteed to work....100% of the time...

You can hear him yell "KILL ME!'

The fact of the AK being used should not phase judgement on this nutcase, could have been any gun, or any weapon.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Suicide by Cop....

100% guaranteed to work....100% of the time...

You can hear him yell "KILL ME!'

The fact of the AK being used should not phase judgement on this nutcase, could have been any gun, or any weapon.

Absolutely looks and sounds like suicide by cop.

Not uncommon at all.

But he had to arrive at this point somehow. Could be as simple as a divorce.

Peace

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
in the coming future, i think we will start seeing more and more of this.
people committing suicide at airports, people being pulled over for routine traffic stops, being in standoffs barricaded in their homes, or any other number of scenarios where people are using AR15/ AK47's.

until they get a ban.
edit on 5-5-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
There was a thread on this earlier and it got deleted. Not sure why this story is just coming to light as it happened weeks ago.

I stated in the earlier thread that before I became a Registered Nurse, I was a Paramedic in the town where this shooting occured. It's a small town with a large Amish community. This type of violence is not commonplace in Middlefield.

I find it a bit odd that it's being reported nationwide now. As I said earlier this incident is several weeks old. I'm sure it's being used to further someone's agenda.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

He was a possible future domestic terrorist. Apparently

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

What a nutball…or Manchurian Candidate. I guess we’ll never know now that he’s dead; that’s always convenient!

I’m sure this will be used to bolster the assault weapons ban argument as it was designed to do. No cost is too steep to reduce us all to defending ourselves with shotguns and sling shots.

It almost goes without saying, but….if he was upset with the way things in this country are going (like most of us) there are certainly more productive ways to deal with it than shooting some low level police officers.

S&F

edit on 5-5-2013 by seabag because: nevermind...self censored!

+1 more 
posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I can't believe people here are honestly wondering why it is illegal to shoot police.

Additionally the person that claimed that people in the background are not doing anything ..you clearly didn't see the car backup once the person starts to shoot.

Finally..1 person and 1 person only is responsible for this and that is the idiot that got out of the car and opened up with an automatic rifle. Honestly, I am 100% glad the police returned fire and dropped the suspect. Please someone tell me again how they overreacted or better yet maybe the suspect didn't warrant what happened to him.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Not really. In the movies, you see guys getting knocked 10 ft by a shotgun blast, but it just doesn't work that way. Cops are probably using 9 mm and while it does have enough power, it's not gonna make the guy do the movie style jiggle and dance. I counted 26 rounds fired by police but I bet maybe 10 or less actually hit him.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
You can hear him yell, "kill me, kill me" after the police return fire. He apparently wanted to die.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
reply to post by VoidHawk

Not really. In the movies, you see guys getting knocked 10 ft by a shotgun blast, but it just doesn't work that way. Cops are probably using 9 mm and while it does have enough power, it's not gonna make the guy do the movie style jiggle and dance. I counted 26 rounds fired by police but I bet maybe 10 or less actually hit him.

I'm not a movie watcher or tv for that matter. Its just physics really.

Bullets weigh huge amounts when they hit something because of the speed at which they travel. I remember reading that a box of tissues on the back seat of a car travelling at 50 mph weighs about the same as a house brick at the moment of impact.
You say you think maybe 10 bullets hit him, that would suggest to me that he should have been pushed backwards, or at least knocked off balance.

Anyone know what the average bullet weighs on impact?

link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever
You can hear him yell, "kill me, kill me" after the police return fire. He apparently wanted to die.

He had a gun! Why not do his own dirty work if he wanted to leave this world?

I never understood the mentality of suicide by cop. Why would you want to take innocent people with you or put so many people's lives in danger?? AK rounds will slice through brick like a hot knife through butter. Don't put kids and other innocent people in danger from your stray rounds! Do us all a favor and Man up!!.

Oh, and don't use a semi auto rifle - you're screwing it up for the rest of us who remain in this world!

link   
How did it feel to look into Americas future. This is just the beginning, with more and more crazies being heavily armed, medicated on strange drugs, and mental health facilities being shut down because of "budget constraints"

Soon this type of event will be the opening story on all news channels. Sadly innocents will be caught in the crossfire, but that will be just more grist for the mill in the violence loving American public.

You reap what you sow....
edit on 5-5-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join