It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Israel used depleted uranium shells in air strike’ – Syrian source

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Its interesting that its always the US. UK or Israel that get called out for DU

Between Russia and China they have more DU weapons stockpiled then the US UK or Israel. and even given out small amounts to countries in third world conflicts. yet you never hear anything about Russia and China and DU.

I see a conspiracy to get DU banned in weapons of the western world while Russia and China continue to build there stockpiles.
This would give russia and chine a big advantage in a conflict against the west.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMagus

Umm, soldiers are well aware what they are handling, the whole military paranoia does'nt work here.
Why? My good friend was a 19K in the US Army, incase you don't know what that is, its an Abrahms Operator, his job is to either drive, load an or fire. Yes, they use DU rounds, guess what? Abrahms armor is also DU plated, lol.
One more thing, soldiers have never, WILL NEVER be injected with DU, ROTFLMFAO, that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read, I thank you in seeing that our ultra superbadass one man army soldiers are the way they are simply cause they....lol...had...lmao...DU shots...lmfao, yea okay guy, do some research before commenting anything soldier an army related, an before you go off in a wild tanget, I am an army soldier who works with 20level an above maintenance plts, oh an my MOS deals with "radiological" along with other aspects of it.
"Insert face" face palm. Pwned

edit on 6-5-2013 by Arnie123 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2013 by Arnie123 because: spelling

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arnie123

1-Umm, soldiers are well aware what they are handling, the whole military paranoia does'nt work here.
Why? My good friend was a 19K in the US Army, incase you don't know what that is, its an Abrahms Operator, his job is to either drive, load an or fire. Yes, they use DU rounds, guess what? 2-Abrahms armor is also DU plated, lol.
3-One more thing, soldiers have never, WILL NEVER be injected with DU, ROTFLMFAO, that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read, 4-I thank you in seeing that our ultra superbadass one man army soldiers are the way they are simply cause they....lol...had...lmao...DU shots...lmfao, yea okay guy, 5-do some research before commenting anything soldier an army related, an before you go off in a wild tanget, 6-I am an army soldier who works with 20level an above maintenance plts, oh an my MOS deals with "radiological" along with other aspects of it.
7-"Insert face" face palm. Pwned

edit on 6-5-2013 by Arnie123 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2013 by Arnie123 because: spelling

ROTFLMFAO yourself
your post sounds like you're gasping or out of breath while trying to express your Denial within the average americans attention span.
1-history disagrees with you, you are just expendable chattel to be culled.
2-exposed to nuclear waste constantly, you may as well work in a microwave set to "Thaw"
3-did i specifically state DU? [insert joke at arnies expense regarding relationship between reading comprehension and enlistment figures here] given your job, you wouldn't need to, as you are "Huffing" DU dust 24/7, may have something to do with your breathless posting style.

3 links to deny your ignorance:

"open wide, here comes the spoon!!"

THE HUMAN RADIATION EXPERIMENTS How scientists secretly used US citizens as guinea pigs during the Cold War

In preparing America for nuclear attack during the Cold War years following World War II, thousands of US citizens became the innocent victims of over 4,000 secret and classified radiation experiments conducted by the Atomic Energy Commission (AEC) and other government agencies, such as the Department of Defense, the Department of Health, Education and Welfare, the Public Health Service (now the CDC), the National Institutes of Health, the Veterans Administration (VA), the CIA, and NASA.

Millions of people were exposed to radioactive fallout from the continental testing of more than 200 atmospheric and underground nuclear weapons, and from the hundreds of secret releases of radiation into the environment. Over 200,000 “atomic vets” who worked closely with nuclear detonations at the Nevada test site during the 1950s and 1960s were especially vulnerable to radiation fallout.

Also affected were the thousands of so-called “downwinders”, who lived in nearby small towns in Nevada, Utah, Colorado and New Mexico. These downwinders (along with the animal populations) suffered the worst cumulative radioactive effects of fallout, along with a contaminated environment teeming with radioactive food and farm products. The plight of these poor country people exposed to government-induced radiation sickness has been recorded in Carole Gallagher’s remarkable photo-essay American Ground Zero: The Secret Nuclear War (The Free Press, 1993).

In reviewing declassified AEC records (now the Department of Energy) from the 1950s, Gallagher was shocked to discover one document that described the people downwind of the Nevada Test Site as “a low use segment of the population.” Her shock at such callous bigotry caused her to eventually move West to research, investigate and document those who lived closest to the Test Site, as well as workers at the site, and soldiers repeatedly exposed to nuclear bombs during the military tests.

Human_radiation_experiments

Numerous human radiation experiments have been performed in the United States, many of which were funded by various U.S. government agencies [1] such as the United States Department of Defense and the United States Atomic Energy Commission. Experiments included, but were not limited to:

Injecting radioactive iodine into pregnant women seeking abortion, in order to track the mass transfer between placenta and carriers bloodstream. Another experiment administered radioactive iodine to newborns.[citation needed]
irradiating the heads of children[2]
feeding radioactive material to mentally disabled children[3]
exposing U.S. soldiers and prisoners to high levels of radiation[3]
irradiating the testicles of prisoners, which caused severe birth defects[3]
exhuming bodies from graveyards to test them for radiation (without the consent of the families of the deceased)[4]

'Atomic veterans' slowly gain recognition

The check stub and a notification letter rest in a file stuffed with Salinan James Trepoy's military paperwork.

The sum -- a whopping $75,000 -- initially made Trepoy afraid to cash the check. Then he kept all the money in the bank for a time, fearing someone had a mistake and he would get a call to send it back.

The letter accompanying the check looked official enough, bearing letterhead from the U.S. Department of Justice, Civil Division, in Washington, D.C.

"This is to inform you that your claim for compensation under the Radiation Exposure Compensation Program has been approved," the letter read.

Trepoy, 88, is among an estimated group of more than 200,000 former soldiers who were witnesses to above-ground and undersea atomic tests conducted between 1945 and 1963.

Nicknamed "atomic veterans," the soldiers were part of the testing because various governments wanted to see if troops could operate on battlefields contaminated by radiation from nuclear bombs.

Retired veterans Larry Halloran, of Mulvane, and Gary Thornton, of Leon, have made it a mission to track down atomic veterans in Kansas, particularly older vets such as Trepoy, to make them aware of their eligibility for financial compensation from the government under the Radiation Exposure Compensation Program Act.

"If it hadn't have been for him (Halloran), I'd have never known," Trepoy said.

4-hopefully my reply so far has disabused you of those notions

5- i have, it is now obvious who is denying ignorance and who is embracing it, i know it may be a bit confusing to you,
but if you bookmark this post and read it everyday you should be able to figure it out on your own, eventually.

when you get to know me better, you will come to understand that i do not "talk out of my A**"
unlike some here

6- yes, that is quite obvious from your post, usually, the last ones to know, how's that GWS doing?.
7-you have pwned and face-palmed yourself.
edit on 6-5-2013 by TheMagus because: added edit & comment

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Even if you claim to insanity, there is no need to resort to insult on anyone, nor the need to resort to half truths to make your claims.

In the late 40s to the early 60s, there is no doubt that radiation tests had been conducted NOT only in America, but many other parts of the world as well. even as far back to the early 30s by Germany and Imperial Japan Army over unethical human experiments and well documented.

So far, only US is the only one that dares to confront its past.

And it is in the past that we must take the issue in its context.

Atomoic energy was new, and little was known of its effects except for the live demostration in Hiroshima and Nagasaki to end the war. Mankind was horrified as news of the effects linger, and thus a need to comprehend quickly more of such effects so as to reconsider its use or the countermeasures.

That the US soldiers were exposed to such tests were such considerations then. That they did not die from the impact only shows how little scientists understood the biological contamination back then, by presuming that placing them far back will not harm them.

On hindsight, it had been a foolish thing to do, but then hindsight is often 20/20 vision. We flawed mortals can only learn from making mistakes in order to progress and evolve.

Those experiments were long disbanded since the 60s, no more human radiation tests were done, at least in US, and gathered in dust till President Bill Clinton in 1994 authorized a study into those effects. It may had been for use in the preparation for international limitations to nukes and its proliferation.

On ATS, our motto is to deny ignorance, all ignorance, and not half ignorances using half truths.

edit on 6-5-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

still seeking i see,
as the ignorance is strong with you and your "oooohhh! They wouldn't do that nowadays" argument/illusion.

from-hiroshima-to-iraq-61-years-of-uranium-wars

Depopulation targets

Our politicians are willing stooges of a hidden money power that rules the world. The ruling elite have used bio-weapons, chemical weapons, electronic weapons, exotic weapons, nuclear weapons, radioactive weapons and any other means they can to implement the New World Order so they can maximize profits.

In regions that have air pollution, the radiation from depleted uranium acts synergistically with chemical pollution as a “force multiplier” and increases the effects of radiation by 8-10 times. Dr. Ernest Sternglass reported that by reducing low level radiation 90 percent, the radiation damage is decreased by only 50 percent. In other words, at very low levels, less (radiation) is more (damaging), which is known as the supralinear effect.

Uranium-235 was used to “spike” the depleted uranium bombs which the U.S. military gave to Israel to use in their attack on Lebanon in the summer of 2006. This would have the effect of accelerating the adverse health effects in the exposed population in Lebanon.

On July 12, 2006, the day that Israel began its attack on Lebanon, a huge celebration was held by Shell, British Petroleum, Chevron and other U.S. oil companies to mark the opening of the Ceyhan oil pipeline from the Caspian oilfields to a warm water port on the Mediterranean in Turkey. Three more pipelines will be built under the sea to transport water, natural gas and petroleum offshore from Lebanon to Israel.

The “July attack” was the unveiling of the U.S. militarization of the eastern Mediterranean and the introduction of Israel as the military cop in the region to protect the Ceyhan pipeline. Few people realize that Israel will serve as the U.S. “gas pump” at a Red Sea port for Asian countries. Asian countries have been blocked from building oil pipelines to Central Asian oilfields, forcing them to buy oil from the U.S. and other investors via Israel and transport it by sea.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Resorting now to UNSUBSTANTIATED CLAIMS & WILD ALLEGATIONS to prove your point?

Are pride and delusions that important to you, insane as you personally admitted to be, more important than society of whom had nurtured you and helped you all the while, as no man/woman alone is an island and could make it alone?

I know truth and realities are painful, and often is, but it is something we must confront with in the end, than to live in the comfort of lies and fantasy, worse when built upon hatred, lies and ignorances.

And to return back on this face palming topic which I had sought to ignore except for your erraneous post, I can only suggest that the Syrian official qouted return back to school, of science and learn some real science as well as show EVIDENCES of Israeli DU being used, not just Syrian regime DU ammo being accidently or intentionaly blown up, instead of attending the Assad School of Dogs like all his bootlickers to learn how to be human lapdogs to that beast.
edit on 6-5-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Persistent are you? Your talking about things that happened at the start of the atomic age, but your post clearly indicate that the US actually INJECTS service members....RIGHT NOW.
And to make matters worse, you insist on it!! Because of some blatant claim you saw ONLINE. lol you really have zero clue on "the know", I respect arm chair desktop researchers, but you bring a bad taste to anybody who reads your trash, the little kid who does'nt want to be wrong.
Huffing an puffing? How do you get that from a post? Wow your sooooo paranoid, the evil gov bogeyman is looking right at you, so keep one eye open when you sleep, hooah?
And no, we are not breathing in DU dust, as you put it.
Again, look up your resources...or you could join the service an see for yourself, but judging from your post, your prolly some kid.....like I typed, "prolly" so don't get all bent out of shape if your not.
"Insert face" double face palm lol

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
mybad, double post.
edit on 6-5-2013 by Arnie123 because: double posted

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
my, my, hysterics and personal attacks?
very "sane" of you two.

especially how you try to deny the facts by shrieking like banshees.

i'll say this, as the elder brother of a gulf war I&II vet,

i know more than well, how well the military "takes care of their own".

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMagus
my, my, hysterics and personal attacks?
very "sane" of you two.

especially how you try to deny the facts by shrieking like banshees.

i'll say this, as the elder brother of a gulf war I&II vet,

i know more than well, how well the military "takes care of their own".

Tsk tsk, I really don't care if your brother was a general, you once again prove you know very little about this subject, just because your an "Elder Brother" of a gulf war vet does'nt mean you know jack diddly sh##, the only banshee screaming here is you. Did the US try highly experimental "Vaccines" to combat potential chemical attacks by saddam? Sure, who knows what was in that stuff, hench, "gulf war syndrom" so the conspiracy goes, but that does'nt mean they injected soldiers with DU, the overall point you tried to convey and when we called you out on it, you could'nt leave well enough alone an resorted to your attacks.
Did isreal use DU as its primary medium when delievering there attacks, sure, but the thread indicates that some syrian military officer said he saw a "golden plum" an knew that isreal was using DU rounds, what we were trying to say was that this was entirely incorrect, there was a other factors involved that resulted in that plum, hell isreal has been known to use WillyPete in the gaza strip an thats banned.
IMHO syria would'nt stand a chance against isreal.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join